• Lanae7
    Lanae7 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    <
    Just look at this face........
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Because 100% of dogs are nicer than 99% of humans.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    <<<<< Because my dog is more human than you'll ever be
  • tipadoo
    tipadoo Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    bump - can't see the puppy pictures @ work.
  • ChangingAmanda
    ChangingAmanda Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Because I love my greyhound and he loves my cats:

CorryonBoeing.jpg

91d09f4e-d7f3-4a40-bfb4-667f7da1e7a8.jpg
  • Helenavee42
    Helenavee42 Posts: 175
    Options
    <<<<<<<<<<How could you not love a sweet face like that?
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    and then there are the cats who USED to be dogs...this one happened to be a Great Pyranees in a former life.

mskatbaby-1_zps5b945818.jpg
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    My dog is a troublemaker. And a garbage disposal. This was right before Easter...

564537_756656597529_1510958339_n.jpg

One of my friends from the dog club we train at has an Aussie who's name is Probie, short for "Probation."
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    c9941946-5d52-40f0-9f4b-d23bab8dab12_zpsc06dc459.jpg
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    Here are mine My white pit lala is no longer with us :cry: loved her to death.
    lala.jpg

The black min pin was just a buddy that does not belong to us but has the big bug eyes. The red min pin is Scooby and he is my baby love him!
    DSC00734-2.jpg

And this was our lates edition Ocho
    IMG_20120128_225341-2.jpg
  • MsEmmy
    MsEmmy Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Because who doesn't love a dog!

946592_10151475031342885_57224626_n.jpg

What I refuse to do is to put clothing on a dog... no matter the breed they are all wolves! Wolves don't need coats or shoes!

I have to disagree! I don't 'dress my dogs up' in outfits, but they do need coats in Winter. Whippets only have 16% fat compared to most breeds 24% and they also don't have a secondary undercoat like most breeds - so they definitely have to have coats in the snow! Same for greyhounds :)
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Because who doesn't love a dog!

946592_10151475031342885_57224626_n.jpg

What I refuse to do is to put clothing on a dog... no matter the breed they are all wolves! Wolves don't need coats or shoes!

I have to disagree! I don't 'dress my dogs up' in outfits, but they do need coats in Winter. Whippets only have 16% fat compared to most breeds 24% and they also don't have a secondary undercoat like most breeds - so they definitely have to have coats in the snow! Same for greyhounds :)

I agree. My Thai dog is a primitive breed that is very well adapted for living in the jungles of Thailand. But she camps with us in winter. In Indiana. She wears coats and boots.

I also dress her in silly outfits because it gives me perverse pleasure to do so. My favorite is her yellow duckie rain coat.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,051 Member
    Options

Arent they fast enough to do their business and get back in before freezing to death? They are greyhounds after all!!! LOL
  • MsEmmy
    MsEmmy Posts: 254 Member
    Options

Arent they fast enough to do their business and get back in before freezing to death? They are greyhounds after all!!! LOL

Hahaha. I reckon they would actually crap themselves indoors if I didn't put a coat on them to go out.
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options

Yepp, me too! I have a chi/yorkie mix (Chorkie, if you will) and though she has a lovely coat, her breed is not anywhere near used to the winters we get in Connecticut. If I don't put a coat on her she refuses to go outside. She also has a rain coat, but that's just because she hates being wet and refuses to go out if it's raining.

Edited to remove my post from quotes, lol. Also, she has an Easter dress because I thought it was too cute, wanted to see if she likes it. She loves the thing and knows very well that it is hers and tries to shove her little head through it as soon as you get it close enough. No idea why she loves it so much, but she does. Maybe it makes her feel pretty.
  • vegannewbie12
    vegannewbie12 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    <
    Because they are so much fun :)
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options

Real dogs don't need clothes. Personally I think clothes on dogs are crazy. To me, that borders on obsession, IMHO.
  • InnerConflict
    InnerConflict Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options

Real dogs don't need clothes. Personally I think clothes on dogs are crazy. To me, that borders on obsession, IMHO.

What about costumes?

at-atdog-costume-537x343.jpg