Planet Fitness?

Options
123457»

Replies

• phurst00
    phurst00 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    It's 10 bucks a month, try it out yourself and see if you like it

Not really. There's a joining fee and you have to sign a contract as well.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    Some gyms, not sure if all, have added a contract if you spend $10 a month, if you spend $15 a month there is no contract. That apparently changed after I joined because when I joined I paid $30 down with no contract. My sister joined with $10 down and a contract.
  • sbandjh
    sbandjh Posts: 17
    Options
    I joined in April and I love it. The staff is super friendly and I honestly feel like they don't judge me at all... I do some strength training followed by some cardio. I like that every time I go there is something different to use(no waits). I tried Golds and U fitness 1st and Plant was the best fit for me... :happy:
  • RVTexan
    RVTexan Posts: 5
    Options
    My hometown just opened a Planet Fitness on June 17th. Hubby and I used to be members at Anytime Fitness but never consistently went (lack of dedication on our part) and just didn't feel comfortable there. We travel to OKC, several cities in TX, and LaFayette, LA. We used our reciprocity with Anytime Fitness but the machines weren't consistent from one club to another. One would have a machine I liked but the next one we went to didn't.. With Planet Fitness, the machines used are the same in each club. We consistently go now because we are having fun there. Is it Planet Fitness or are we motivated now and making it fun? I don't know but whatever it is, I will take it. We both have the Black Card but since hubby isn't using his for the other things (i.e. the hydromassage) we will probably cancel his membership, and he can go as my guest each time.

As far as a contract, no we weren't forced into a contract. The document I signed clearly states can cancel anytime but certain due date to prevent next automatic withdrawal.

PF isn't going to be everybody's cup of tea. Don't judge me for liking it, and I won't judge you for not liking it. All that matters is I am having fun and starting to see results.
  • ecbell
    ecbell Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My sister and I joined in March when they were having a no sign up fee sale, so we joined as white card members - $10/month with no contract. We both loved it. Recently, I upgraded to the black card membership to take advantage of the tanning and the ability to use any PF location. It was free to upgrade but I did sign a year contract. My fee is now $20/month.

All the locations I've been to are pretty much the same - very clean and a lot of treadmills. I like the 24 hours on weekdays, 7-7 weekends.

I decided to see what the personal trainer was like, so I made an appointment. She created a schedule for me that involved cardio and strength training to fit my needs and desires. I've been using it and find it's certainly giving me a good workout.

I wish they had classes, but overall I'm very happy with my membership.

I've been to, and had a few memberships, at other gyms in my city. I was younger and more in shape then, but I still felt out of place because I didn't know the machines, routines, and wasn't thin or muscular. Here at Planet Fitness, I don't feel that.