Do you have credit card debt?

Options

Replies

• msliu7911
    msliu7911 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I use my credit card for just about everything, earn 2% cash back on it all, then pay in full at the end of month and cash in points every few. :)

I wouldn't be able to sleep with that much credit card debt. I do remember back in college, living paycheck to paycheck, I managed to rack up $4.5K in credit card debt and it was sooo stressful to think about (just the interest alone and the feeling of never going to be able to pay it off).. I'll never do that again as long as I continue being as fortunate as I am with the job and stability both my husband and I have.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    I pay mine in full each month, and never carry anything over. The last thing I need is credit card debt.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Nope. Realized a long time ago that I am not good with credit cards, so I got them paid off and cut them up. Cancelled them all. Hubby has one for those times when you can't pay any other way except credit card, and it's paid off every month. Our life is less stressful this way.
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Nope, I put everything on my card to get the rewards but it's paid off each month.
  • Dr_Waffles
    Dr_Waffles Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    i usually only buy something with a credit card if I know I have enough cash to pay for it. Then I use my Amazon card and earn points.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Paid mine off last year. Holla :drinker:
  • JustAGirl0916
    JustAGirl0916 Posts: 1,020
    Options
    Paid every CC off and chopped em up.
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I feel very fortunate not to have any debt - but I decided a long time ago that it was not wise to buy things I don't need just to have the material possessions. I don't live like a pauper, but certainly don't live like a princess either.
  • InnerConflict
    InnerConflict Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Paid every CC off and chopped em up....If you do have debt check out dave ramsey

Ugh. Don't drink the Kool Aid
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Lifting_Knitter Posts: 1,025
    Options
    No. We never carry over a balance. Each card gets paid in full every month.

Yup.
  • goodtimezzzz
    goodtimezzzz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    oh yeah my 40000 dollar amex bill was no fun..fast forward 5 years debt free..now i pay it all IMMEDIATELY when I get the bill!!
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I don't have a credit card. I use my debit card.
  • InnerConflict
    InnerConflict Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    I have paid my card off in full every month for at least 20 years.
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Nope, not in any debt actually I manage to pay off everything (including school)
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    $107 total credit card debt.

I pay it off in full every month. It's a rewards card so I put everything on it to get those, but it never carries a balance over.

And $24,000 in debt? My god... I don't even have that much available credit to use, LOL!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    A good friend of mine just told me she has over $24,000 racked up in cc debt! ...

Wut!? :sick:

My credit card is reserved for emergencies only and it is paid off in full each month. The only debt I have is a small, manageable mortgage. I paid off my low interest student loans within 5 years by living modestly and making small sacrifices. I paid off my car in less than 2 years (had 0% interest for the first 24 months) so I borrowed money for free on that deal. I don't make a ton of money but I get by just fine because I know how to plan and budget, and accumulating material possessions are not a priority for me. I know people who make 2-3 times what I make who struggle to get by each month because they have no self-control and no financial sense. It drives me nuts sometimes...
  • barbaramitchell101
    barbaramitchell101 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I have credits cards mainly for online purchases....I used my debit card locally to buy groceries and someone at that store hacked my info and charged some stuff...so I don't use my debit card much...I pay some of them in full every month...always send $100-$200 on the others every month even tho they only want $25...of course, it does help to halp a good and steady job...without worry of being laid off...
  • sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    Nope! I'm terrified of credit card debt...so I just don't have a credit card.

Needless to say I don't order many things offline.
  • PrincessEliNa
    PrincessEliNa Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I learned from friends, and my own mistakes, that debt is no fun. What I have now is some medical bills (also no fun, but I just roll with the punches...)
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    No credit card, just a bank-card/prepaid debit card. That lets me buy things online or swipe my card somewhere whenever I want to, and withdraw from ATMs, but I can't go over the limit of what I actually have in the bank.

I tried to get a CC a few years back, got rejected for having practically no credit history (too young? and not a student at the time). Not sure how I can have no credit history when I've been paying my bills every month for 7 years... But, on the upside of it all, I have basically no debt whatsoever.