Do you have credit card debt?

Options

Replies

• JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    No credit card debt and I'm damn proud of it!
  • sangeyvang
    sangeyvang Posts: 182
    Options
    I have student loans. :cry:
  • YolieCreator
    YolieCreator Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    No cards for my husband and I but our gas card. We pay that off every month and we are slowly chipping away at our medical bills. My husband has Multiple Sclerosis and was put in the hospital a few times and I had a bad fall last year. But we have paid off both of our cars and are working on building our credit. So hard to do though once the damage is done
  • blondley
    blondley Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    For about a year, I was in a bad situation job wise and had to rack up some debt just to live. It wasn't $24,000 but it would make some of you cringe. I got a different job, talked to my bank and it should be all paid off soon. :)
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I pay mine off in full every month. Never rolled a balance over, ever. Never will, hopefully. But I'll always have a credit card - those rewards points are too valuable. I've currently got $600 in free money ready to use when I want it.

My cousin got engaged to a guy with about $30K in credit card debt. She refused to marry him until it was handled. He paid it off, but he didn't learn much of a lesson from it - she still has to make sure he doesn't do dumb *kitten* like buy a brand new SUV because he got in a minor fender bender and "ruined" his car. I really don't understand that mentality.
  • farroz
    farroz Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have a negative balance on mine meaning I have paid over what is due just to make sure I don't end up owing interest. I just use my to get air miles.
  • missybct
    missybct Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I have a balance transfer debt, which is still a debt, of around 1000 (sterling). It's manageable and I know it's there because I had a bad time with losing my job last year - transferring it means that until I'm on an even keel (soon, I hope) I can start paying it off without the threat of high interest (there is no interest on it).

I made tonnes of mistakes in my early 20's regarding debt - I sought approval from people so much to the extent where I would take out CC and pay for meals and drinks to seek friendship. I know that makes me pathetic in some regards, but I thought I was only a good person if I could "afford" things - ironic considering I couldn't. I rarely bough anything for myself other than the essentials like food and have come out of that period with absolutely nothing to show for it.

I have worked VERY hard to repay the debts (in excess of £5k) and to gain a better credit score, and now I have. I have a credit card now for emergencies, but it sits in my bureau and is never taken with me.
  • savoiaS1
    savoiaS1 Posts: 129
    Options
    Like 3k Worth :(
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    No. I am completely debt free.
  • talamer
    talamer Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Yes! I do!

CC should be used wisely! otherwise u will get f***ed up as I do now XD !!

I'm trying to stop buying things using my CC until I pay all my CC debt!!!
  • HartJames
    HartJames Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    We used low limit credit cards as part of a plan to build our scores up. I think we owe about $2,000 but choose to keep maintaining a certain percentage out to keep our scores growing (near Beacon level!). I don't consider it debt because we could pay it tomorrow if we chose to. I see it as more of a tool.
  • JayStu
    JayStu Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I have mine maxed out at 1000$ but that is as high as I can go
  • Fat_Jimi
    Fat_Jimi Posts: 81
    Options
    Nope pay it off at the end of each month
  • ndegwa
    ndegwa Posts: 169
    Options
    Nope pay it off at the end of each month

same here! i use a credit card like a buffer incase of emergencies or if wages don't quite make it to the end of the month!
  • MizPassion
    MizPassion Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Nope no credit card debt. Granted, I'm only 23, but have no debt. Went to a private college, worked hard to have no debt from that with scholarships, work-study and internships. I learned early not to spend more than you earn... which I thought was common sense, but apparently not. So now starting my PhD that is entirely paid for plus some extra thanks to a TA position and work study.
    wow!! PhD candidate at 23?
  • VeganSurfer
    VeganSurfer Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I no longer have credit cards :bigsmile:
  • emsicle_o
    emsicle_o Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I had tons of things go wrong last year, car blowing up, pets getting sick, computer blowing up, etc, and now I am £2k poorer on the cc. Interest free til end of 2014 so trying to pay it off before then!
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Wow! That would be stressing me out big time if I had that much debt!

We have one (well it's my partners) with around £1900 on. About half of it came from when he was a student and not as financially stable, some came from emergencies we've had while living together that we couldn't afford at the time. We've been a lot better financially the past 6-9 months though and am paying quite a lot off each month, with aims to pay it off outright soon (and we're never touching it again!) Bye bye credit card!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I have no debit, and I am proud of it.

My parents paid for my college the first time around, and now I'm paying to go get my second degree.

I also have two credit cards that I pay off in full each month, and I've managed to save up a nice chunk of money.

All my friends on the other hand are staring at the bills wondering how they will get paid, and *****ing me out because I refuse to spend more then I have.
  • BackToFree
    BackToFree Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Nope. We don't have credit cards. Just prepaid debit cards so we don't owe anything. We do have debt, though. I have a reasonably small student loan, and we are about 8 months off paying out our car loan. That's it for us, though.