• pandamonium1987
    pandamonium1987 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    chafing of inner thighs.

^^^^ This!
  • stacw1987
    stacw1987 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Leggings. Just leggings. I wore leggings for MONTHS because I didn't have to admit I was higher than a size 20.

I hear you!! Legging and stretchy dresses!
  • stacw1987
    stacw1987 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    The start of gaining weight though was when I chaffed a hole in my jeans between my thighs! Embarrassing!
  • Cassie17995
    Cassie17995 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    1. All your pants have "shrunk".

2. Your Mom wants to take you clothes shopping in the plus size section.

3. Your legs and feet ache after walking for a while.

4. You can no longer cross your legs comfortably.

5. Your heart feels like it's going to explode after a walking up a flight of stairs.

6. You can no longer get a good night's rest.

7. Shopping for a new outfit throws you into a state of depression.

8. You cringe at the idea of a night on the town.

9. You are blaming allergies for shortness of breath.

10. High heels are a thing of the past.

I'm usually making excuses for these things. It's time to face facts. I'm fat. Instead of getting sad about this, I'm gonna turn it around. Hey the reality is that if I lose 10 lbs, half this list disappears! That's motivation enough for me.

Totally agree !!
  • missybct
    missybct Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    The Myspace angle. Taking 10 photos for everyone 1 you use. Making your friends take photos over and over and over again. Dreading being offered a seat on the bus/train because you look pregnant. Actually being asked when you are due (this happened last year....!)
  • samr73
    samr73 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    When you order a diet soda with your super-sized value meal lol.

Doesn't the diet soda cancel the meal out?

LOL - also anything "green" :wink:
  • samr73
    samr73 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    40186763_2587.jpg this to 40186763_5903.jpg

Wow!! Bloody well done!!
  • runlilyrun
    runlilyrun Posts: 140
    Options
    I got another one you don't smile in photographs or actually make it to where you don't even take photographs.

Oh no, it's where you take all of the photographs so that you're not in them!
  • Jim_1960
    Jim_1960 Posts: 399
    Options
    You walk in front of the TV and family miss 3 episodes. LOL
  • sraymonville
    Options
    Haha! Yes. When alllll your profile pics on social media are head shots!
  • jamesrmgibson
    jamesrmgibson Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've only ever had somebody say something once. It was only a few weeks ago, just after I started using MFP. I went to the swimming pool and while I was walking to the pool some young boy (probably mid to late teens) shouted "He's a monster! Look at that belly!" And all of his buddies started laughing. Now, I'm not usually a violent person, I've never been in a fight or anything, but my god I wanted to hit him!

Instead I just got in the pool, did some stretches and then just started smashing out the lengths, didn't get back out again until after he had left though.
  • NaomiMc_Ra
    NaomiMc_Ra Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    when your boobs become your best asset
  • missybct
    missybct Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I dressed as Tinkerbell for my brother's ex's birthday (fancy dress, natch) and got called Shrek by some drunken yob who projectile vomited over the club sofas. Normally I'd help a bro out in need, but I just watched and walked right by ;)

(I was a size 14 and the smallest I'd been for years)
  • themeIcanbe
    themeIcanbe Posts: 23
    Options
    when you cut the size tag out of your clothes....
  • Zehornet
    Zehornet Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Wheeen you are at a restaurant with your guy, he orders a salad and a treat - AND the waiter passes you the salad on assumption you are the one who needs it. Fat shaming or just gender stereotype? YOU DECIDE!
  • zoefisher2785
    Options
    1. When you safety pin your panties to your pants, so they dont roll down all the time o.O
    2. All your pants are yoga pants
    3. No shorts are acceptable
    4. You named the food-baby (Mine is Henry)
    5. The cat loves to knead your doughy middle

Wow - i so need to do number 1 - I get so fed up of my pants rolling - hopefully not for much longer :tongue:

you tell people you are being ecologically friendly because you need less water in the bath lol

42529893.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    people tell you that you're a fat...
  • delonda1
    delonda1 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    i look down at my stomach
  • FlippinNora
    FlippinNora Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    When you have to keep taking breaks in the shower cubicle when shaving your legs because all that bending down in a tight space is making you asphyxiate.

The bottom of your shirt and top of your trousers keep parting ways (such, such a good look)

When everyone else manages to successfully walk around someones chair and you're the only person that has to ask them to move in a bit.

When the steering wheel on your car is making your jumpers bobble at the belly because it's rubbing.

When doing everyday chores makes you look like you've just finished an Iron Man contest.
  • fat_harrie
    fat_harrie Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    You're terrified of going to the gym, because by the time I've got changed I would be out of breath and red in the face before starting! I literally hated it with a passion. I would shake with fear at the thought of getting sweaty and to be honest I worked my hardest to avoid these situations for years, which led to me gaining more and more! Eventually, my husband kept mentioning a diet that "he" wanted to do and I just lost it. That week I bought a cheap bike, started swimming 2 times a week and Tae Kwon Do (Which I still feel a little uncomfortable at because of my size) and it's getting easier to not give a monkeys but still a bit of a way to go, but I feel I have overcame the hardpart which was my fear and insecurities