Tone arms in 6 weeks..whos in

Options
1235»

Replies

• lyndzipage
    lyndzipage Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I came arcoss this pin on pintrest and i am wondering if it will work if not at least i am working out my arms. 6 weeks to tone your arms There person who posted had a progress pictures and it was amazing. So why not try!

Here is a link to the workout
    http://losing-every-extra-pound.tumblr.com/post/24482567752/sexy-arms-in-6-weeks-if-youre-just-starting-out

I am going to start tomorrow I will take a starting picture, then 3 weeks then final

I would love to have some others join if you want

here we go.....

Well I am 3 days away from my 6 weeks. Def noticed a differece. I am not totally where i want my arms to be but this 6 weeks was a start. I lost about an 1" off my jiggle unflexed lol as well. I have never done arm workouts before....
    this is what I did:

1 1/2 weeks 5lbs
    2 weeks 7lbs
    2 week 8 lbs
    1/2 week 10lbs

3 reps of 12 for each exercise with a 5 sec rest inbetween

not sure how to ad pics but its in my profile pic

****sorry*****
    I meant to write

I did 3 sets of 12 reps for each exercise with a 5 sec rest inbetween reps
  • geekprincess858
    Options
    I'm in!! I already started an upper body routine, but i will integrate this today. Sexy arms, here we come!:happy:
  • redda777
    redda777 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Bump for later!
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    How do you do a chest press without a ball?

On a bench (bench press) or on the floor (floor press)
  • jreckart2003
    Options
    bumo for later.
  • lyndzipage
    Options
    Bump for later!
    I just posted my results from my 6 weeks a few post above you... pics are in my profile of results
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    prenchpress_zps7221b2dc.gif

Just to get a sense of how much weight we're talking about here, this is my 2 year old bench pressing a 10 pound bar. (And comically pretending it's hard because he's imitating daddy.) He weighs about 32 pounds, so it's about 1/3rd of his body weight. He did almost 40 reps before I stopped him, which would mean that even if this counted as an exercise for him, it would be cardio.

If you want your exercises to be productive, you should be doing what maxes you out in the ballpark of 5-10 reps, which is about 70-85% of your 1-rep-max amount. Exhaustion doesn't mean you're just beginning to feel something, it means if someone held a gun to your head and told you to keep going, your arm would still physically be incapable of moving. You don't need to actually go all the way to exhaustion, but if you're at a good weight/rep range you will likely be feeling a slight burn or tingle about halfway through the set and it will likely be challenging (not comfortable but not painful) to do your last rep or two.
  • lyndzipage
    Options

Just to get a sense of how much weight we're talking about here, this is my 2 year old bench pressing a 10 pound bar. (And comically pretending it's hard because he's imitating daddy.) He weighs about 32 pounds, so it's about 1/3rd of his body weight. He did almost 40 reps before I stopped him, which would mean that even if this counted as an exercise for him, it would be cardio.

If you want your exercises to be productive, you should be doing what maxes you out in the ballpark of 5-10 reps, which is about 70-85% of your 1-rep-max amount. Exhaustion doesn't mean you're just beginning to feel something, it means if someone held a gun to your head and told you to keep going, your arm would still physically be incapable of moving. You don't need to actually go all the way to exhaustion, but if you're at a good weight/rep range you will likely be feeling a slight burn or tingle about halfway through the set and it will likely be challenging (not comfortable but not painful) to do your last rep or two.

this is not even worth a comment but I willl give you one....I got resutls as you see in my profile it was worth my time. Also my first time doing anything with weights. My next round I will be uping my weights.

I only posted this to see if others wanted to participate, NOT to made fun of by you or other ignorant ppl on this forum I am making better choices in my life. It may not be the way you do things but thats fine. If you dont have anything nice or helpful things to say please do not comment

thanks
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options

this is not even worth a comment but I willl give you one....I got resutls as you see in my profile it was worth my time. Also my first time doing anything with weights. My next round I will be uping my weights.

I only posted this to see if others wanted to participate, NOT to made fun of by you or other ignorant ppl on this forum I am making better choices in my life. It may not be the way you do things but thats fine. If you dont have anything nice or helpful things to say please do not comment

thanks
    Wow, holy crap, lady. Your failure to see useful information in my post, and seeing an illustration of how much weight we're talking about as "making fun of" you, is your own shortcoming.

There is a reason to use a certain amount of weight when you lift, because you want to engage the muscles in an anaerobic fashion. If there's enough weight that you can keep lifting it over and over, the muscles are able to just keep replenishing with oxygen the whole time. Anaerobic lifting, on the other hand, produces lactic acid which is essential in the production of HGH which triggers growth of lean tissue (bones, ligaments, tendons, muscles) which is the point of doing these exercises, and has many other benefits.

And this is the part where many women will start in with, "but I don't want to get bulky!" But you don't need to worry about that, you are about as likely to accidentally get super rich as you are to get bulky, and both 'problems' are easy to solve.

I've tried using myself as an example but people just stereotype me as a gym rat or bodybuilder (even though I am a computer nerd) and ignore everything else I say, so the only other option is to use a toddler to illustrate how much weight is appropriate. The point is that someone who is clearly not an experienced or trained bodybuilder or weightlifter or "gym rat" is effortlessly doing what amounts to 5 pound dumbell chest presses. There's no reason to believe that 5 lbs is going to be enough for the vast majority of women reading this thread who weigh at least 4 times as much as him.

And here's him deadlifting 15 lbs. Consider your rows in this context, look at your arms and his arms, and you might see again that you should probably increase the amount of weight you're using. Again the amount is how much you can do 5-10 times.
    tylerdeadlift_zps75599d9f.gif

Instead of using a 5 lb fixed dumbell I would recommend getting the kind he's using here, where you can go from 5 lbs on up, because you will quickly gain strength and you need to progress to heavier weights to stay "heavy" with them. (This set is available for like 40 bucks and comes with two bars.) If you can't afford that right now, a 1 gallon milk jug full of water is 8 lbs. Putting two together would get you anywhere up to 16 lbs, which is probably a better starting point.

Whether or not you the OP get it, there are plenty of others who are reading this thread and wanting to improve their arms (and/or the rest of their body) and hopefully at least some of them will get over our culture's ridiculous belief that women should only work out with weights lighter than their own purse or a jug of milk lest they turn into hulking men.
  • dbravo9516
    Options
    I'd like to give it a whirl. I can use some toning myself. I think I'll start with 10lbs since I've done some weight training before. We'll see how it goes.:)
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    I came arcoss this pin on pintrest and i am wondering if it will work if not at least i am working out my arms. 6 weeks to tone your arms There person who posted had a progress pictures and it was amazing. So why not try!

Here is a link to the workout
    http://losing-every-extra-pound.tumblr.com/post/24482567752/sexy-arms-in-6-weeks-if-youre-just-starting-out

I am going to start tomorrow I will take a starting picture, then 3 weeks then final

I would love to have some others join if you want

here we go.....

Well I am 3 days away from my 6 weeks. Def noticed a differece. I am not totally where i want my arms to be but this 6 weeks was a start. I lost about an 1" off my jiggle unflexed lol as well. I have never done arm workouts before....
    this is what I did:

1 1/2 weeks 5lbs
    2 weeks 7lbs
    2 week 8 lbs
    1/2 week 10lbs

3 reps of 12 for each exercise with a 5 sec rest inbetween

not sure how to ad pics but its in my profile pic

****sorry*****
    I meant to write

I did 3 sets of 12 reps for each exercise with a 5 sec rest inbetween reps

Wow, thank you so much for coming back and posting results! I am glad you stuck with it!

So did you lose that inch solely from doing this program? Did you change anything in your diet? Did you do any other exercise program besides the one in the original post from Pinterest?
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options

thanks
    Wow, holy crap, lady. Your failure to see useful information in my post, and seeing an illustration of how much weight we're talking about as "making fun of" you, is your own shortcoming.

There is a reason to use a certain amount of weight when you lift, because you want to engage the muscles in an anaerobic fashion. If there's enough weight that you can keep lifting it over and over, the muscles are able to just keep replenishing with oxygen the whole time. Anaerobic lifting, on the other hand, produces lactic acid which is essential in the production of HGH which triggers growth of lean tissue (bones, ligaments, tendons, muscles) which is the point of doing these exercises, and has many other benefits.

And this is the part where many women will start in with, "but I don't want to get bulky!" But you don't need to worry about that, you are about as likely to accidentally get super rich as you are to get bulky, and both 'problems' are easy to solve.

I've tried using myself as an example but people just stereotype me as a gym rat or bodybuilder (even though I am a computer nerd) and ignore everything else I say, so the only other option is to use a toddler to illustrate how much weight is appropriate. The point is that someone who is clearly not an experienced or trained bodybuilder or weightlifter or "gym rat" is effortlessly doing what amounts to 5 pound dumbell chest presses. There's no reason to believe that 5 lbs is going to be enough for the vast majority of women reading this thread who weigh at least 4 times as much as him.

And here's him deadlifting 15 lbs. Consider your rows in this context, look at your arms and his arms, and you might see again that you should probably increase the amount of weight you're using. Again the amount is how much you can do 5-10 times.

Instead of using a 5 lb fixed dumbell I would recommend getting the kind he's using here, where you can go from 5 lbs on up, because you will quickly gain strength and you need to progress to heavier weights to stay "heavy" with them. (This set is available for like 40 bucks and comes with two bars.) If you can't afford that right now, a 1 gallon milk jug full of water is 8 lbs. Putting two together would get you anywhere up to 16 lbs, which is probably a better starting point.

Whether or not you the OP get it, there are plenty of others who are reading this thread and wanting to improve their arms (and/or the rest of their body) and hopefully at least some of them will get over our culture's ridiculous belief that women should only work out with weights lighter than their own purse or a jug of milk lest they turn into hulking men.

First of all, the baby lifting is adorable - almost makes me want one. :wink:

To Lynzi:
    Ignorant: adjective
    1.lacking in knowledge or training; unlearned: an ignorant man.
    2.lacking knowledge or information as to a particular subject or fact: ignorant of quantum physics.
    3.uninformed; unaware.
    4.due to or showing lack of knowledge or training: an ignorant statement.

Based on the above definition you are ignorant of the principles of weight training. People here were trying to educate you and steer you toward a program that will produce the results you are looking for. Because of said ignorance on your part, you took it badly. Sorry. :huh:
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

thanks

First of all, the baby lifting is adorable - almost makes me want one. :wink:

To Lynzi:
    Ignorant: adjective
    1.lacking in knowledge or training; unlearned: an ignorant man.
    2.lacking knowledge or information as to a particular subject or fact: ignorant of quantum physics.
    3.uninformed; unaware.
    4.due to or showing lack of knowledge or training: an ignorant statement.

Based on the above definition you are ignorant of the principles of weight training. People here were trying to educate you and steer you toward a program that will produce the results you are looking for. Because of said ignorance on your part, you took it badly. Sorry. :huh:

^This
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    well done Lyndzi for keeping at it. and as you say you will be increasing your weights. your picture looks good.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    OP your results are great. Were you eating at a deficit and losing overall body fat at the same time, or were you just doing the arm routine?