5'6" girls, starting weight and goal weight?

Options

Replies

• WhaddoWino
    WhaddoWino Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    5'6"

SW: 152
    CW: 142
    GW: 136

I started lifting heavy a couple of weeks ago and I am curious to see how that helps with my body transformation. I am less concerned with the number on the scale and more concerned with how I look on the beach this summer!
  • cdcooper321
    cdcooper321 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hi there!
    I am about 5'7 with "broad" shoulders as well. I'm 25 and have been overweight my whole life...

SW: 215lbs
    CW: 175lbs
    GW for now is 155, and i'll see how I look there :)

Everyone feel free to add me! I love MFP and all of the motivation and support!!!
  • Kaathmandu
    Kaathmandu Posts: 129
    Options
    Haven't fixed on a final goal weight yet - keep changing my mind. Figure I'll know it when I get there. In meantime, I set small goals.
    (Current one: lose the 9kg I put on on a cruise!)
    I don't want to be skinny - I have a large frame, an hourglass figure and I have decent muscles and swimmers shoulders, so will probably stay just above recommended bmi.

SW: 342+
    CW: 194
    nextGW: 183
    Probable final GW: 154
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    SW: 190 lbs
    CW: 140 lbs (people tell me I'm skinny but I don't feel it, I know I can be better)
    GW: 130 lbs
  • Squamation
    Squamation Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I want to get to 18-20% BF as my ultimate goal. Not sure what my weight will be at that point.

I started at 130lbs 29% body fat and am currently 130lbs 26/9% BF.

I'm not as concerned about my weight number as I am about the body fat. If I'm 130 with 19% BF I'll be very happy (and very ripped!)
  • trinalea
    trinalea Posts: 9
    Options
    I am in the same boat as you... I am 5'5" & current weight is 170 , my goal weight is 130 ;) slowly but surely... I just have to keep myself motivated & stop putting bad food into my body... my main weakness is sweets of any kind :( Good luck!!:wink:
  • pmastro724
    pmastro724 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    YEAH - a post about the 5'6 club!!!

Height: 5'6
    SW after baby #2: 180
    CW: 165
    GW: 135

For me its really NOT about the number - i just want to fit into my old skinny clothes!
  • zhoumag
    zhoumag Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    First year uni has not been kind. With the freshmen 15lb added, I'm aiming to get even skinnier than before that time.

So I'm 5'6.
    SW: 165lb
    CW: 155lb
    GW: 130-ish

Like a lot of posts before, I want to have around a 20% bf, but I'm stuck at 25/26% ish.
  • momtwoboyz
    momtwoboyz Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and the weight had just been going up and up....I'm on the path to getting that number lower :)

SW: 211
    CW: 199
    GW: 155

Really just getting healthy, I don't want to be so concered about the number.
  • dizy17
    dizy17 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    SW: 323
    CW: 286
    GW: 180
  • bluedevil005
    bluedevil005 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5.5", 28 years old. I have a small frame. SW: 139, GW: 118-123 and actually be able to maintain it. I would like to know my current BF% though, and then figure out where to go from there. I also want to run faster and be more fit all around. I don't know what the ideal weight for me is.
  • spickard34
    spickard34 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    My highest weight was 215. I started on here at 209, my CW is 155 and my goal is 145. The last 10 pounds have been a real ***** to lose!

Same here goal is 140 and the last 10 are awful to lose.
  • GnomeQueen84
    GnomeQueen84 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    CW - 142

GW -130
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 as well and always considered myself to have a medium to large frame. Even a physical therapist commented on how ginormous my rib cage is :( There's like an inch space between my ribs and hips :sad: :laugh:

SW: 190lbs
    CW: 179lbs
    GW: 145-150

The last lightest weight I remember being was in 135 in like middle school and I was really muscular and didn't weigh myself again until senior year when I packed it on after getting injured so I think 145-150 would be a good place for me to start. I think the close I get the better I'll be able to tell. Most people tell me it looks like I only need to lose 10-15lbs but looks can be very deceiving. I hide it well apparently....until I step out in that bikini ;P
  • ctpeace
    ctpeace Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and the weight had just been going up and up....I'm on the path to getting that number lower :)

SW: 211
    CW: 199
    GW: 155

Really just getting healthy, I don't want to be so concered about the number.

We're close!
    SW 212 (post baby, but really until he was almost a year!)
    CW 197
    GW 145ish
  • noobletmcnugget
    noobletmcnugget Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    SW: 126
    GW: 112

:smile:
  • caspergirl7
    caspergirl7 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    HW: 170
    GW: 125-130

Aiming for the weight I've been most of my life until after my last child. I have an medium size frame.
  • jetenold
    jetenold Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Height between 5'6 and 5'7
    Starting weight 255
    Current weight 253 (just started)
    Goal Weight between 150-160

Got down to 185 the last time that lost weight, but then job changes/life/lack of motivation hit and i gained back everything that i had lost, now to start all over again - but motivation and support is awesome!
  • Vune
    Vune Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I'm just over 5'6". Highest weight was 169, and I didn't step on the scale again until I knew I would see a lower number!

CW: 132ish
    GW: 116ish

I have narrow shoulders, a curvy body, and tapered limbs. Very narrow ribcage. I've been lower that 116 as an adult (and I was as fit as I was tiny!), but this was the easiest to maintain over the years.