Just don't GIVE UP!!

Options

Replies

• Diggedydog
    Diggedydog Posts: 32
    Options
    I needed that. I am trying to find balance and am learning consistencey but I haven't gotten there yet. I haven't given up trying. I hate the fluctuations!! Adding you as first friend. :smile:
  • kzivic
    kzivic Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Great post!! Muchly needed after what seems like an excess of "I've been at this a week and the scale hasn't moved and I'm so discouraged and it isn't working and I'm going to give up and what should I be doing differently" posts lately.

While I know that I too get caught up in the short term frustrations once in a while, I remind myself it's a marathon, not a sprint. Gotta look at it long term in order to succeed.
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    I have been one who gave up after losing 78lbs ....of course I gained it all back and then some ..... I am really glad that I changed my ways and came back to MFP :bigsmile: ....
  • daveymac1
    daveymac1 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Just bumping this again. Who knows, maybe someone out there who is feeling down needs to read this!! :smile:
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    True stuff! Great post ! Thanks,I intend to save & read it often.
  • Lembail89
    Lembail89 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Perfect reminder to not give up and keep going. Everyone can do with reading something like every so often. Thanks! :)
  • tbetts23
    tbetts23 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I give myself this little pep talk damn near everyday. The first 40lbs seemed simple. It's taken six months to ditch ten more. It would be easy to say this is good enough but that's not my plan. I am going to lose those last ten pounds of baby weight. It's only been 24 years, what's another six months:bigsmile:
  • haidos
    haidos Posts: 69
    Options
    so glad this kept getting bumped needed to see this today it's so true.
  • fitnh
    fitnh Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Great, great post davey!!! Well said. Something we need to remember, but often forget. Thanks for the reminder!
  • tapdancr2192
    Options
    Me. I needed to read this. After getting out of school for the summer, I am finally back on my workout routine. I've been working out every weekday, and losing slowly. Then poof-we go to a birthday party and a wedding over the weekend, and I'm back up 4 pounds. Ugh.

What really sent me over the edge is that my husband came home tonight and weighed himself. After NOT working out all week, (and having gone to the same birthday party and same wedding that I did), has actually LOST weight. Double ugh.

I'm very frustrated with this whole process. There are TONS of other things I'd rather be doing than sweating my *kitten* off every day.

Ok, maybe not if I was ACTUALLY sweating my *kitten* off, but seeing as how that's not actually happening, yeah, I'm frustrated.

~Jen
  • tbetts23
    tbetts23 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Ok bumping because I feel like a thread killer lately:flowerforyou:
  • pjsdj
    pjsdj Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    So true!!! Thank you!!
  • MaryBLee
    MaryBLee Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I needed this today. I was feeling like crap for eating corn chips. You have made my day better by this post thank you so much.
  • tapdancr2192
    Options
    bump, b/c more people need to read this!
  • daveymac1
    daveymac1 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Bump. Maybe someone needs to read this on a Monday morning!
  • HuneeBunee08
    HuneeBunee08 Posts: 168
    Options
    I really needed this.. Thanks for sharing :glasses:
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this awesome post! Think a lot of people need to read it!
  • SquishyVicki
    SquishyVicki Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Bumping this for all those people who are browsing MFP and need a little reassurance; couldn't have put it better myself so OP - I salute you!! :drinker:
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I may have to print this one out and frame it!!! :)
  • xstarxdustx
    xstarxdustx Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post.