Lifting heavy w/dumbbells for those who can't afford a gym

Options
This is for all of those who cannot afford a gym for various reasons & want to lift heavy, man or woman! I found this website that gives you dumbbell ONLY workouts. Maybe you already know it but maybe some of you don't & I just want to share it because I have been looking everywhere for dumbbell only workouts since I can't afford a gym & finally found a great site.

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/dumbbell-only-home-or-gym-fullbody-workout.html

If anyone knows of any other sites, please share!! I would like to know what others have found so I can add it to my collection.

Replies

• Mmmmona
    Mmmmona Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Also, it's summer now and garage sales are on! I just went last weekend and saw two different sets for under $30.
  • xprplstardust
    xprplstardust Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    ^that's awesome! i am def going to be checking for weights at yard sales. Hopefully I find some!
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I do lots of my exercises with dumbbells.

For instance I like to do single legged deadlifts with dumbbells because it challenges my balance and I end up using my core a lot more.

I love goblet squats with a dumbbell, they are also challenging!! Also I do walking lunges holding dumbbells, and split squats.

I found this article that shows 35+ ways to squat, some of them using dumbbells.

http://www.artofmanliness.com/2011/11/30/the-ultimate-squat-guide-35-squat-exercises/
  • amhalterman
    amhalterman Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    bump
  • FlippinNora
    FlippinNora Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for this :)
  • xprplstardust
    xprplstardust Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I do lots of my exercises with dumbbells.

For instance I like to do single legged deadlifts with dumbbells because it challenges my balance and I end up using my core a lot more.

I love goblet squats with a dumbbell, they are also challenging!! Also I do walking lunges holding dumbbells, and split squats.

I found this article that shows 35+ ways to squat, some of them using dumbbells.

http://www.artofmanliness.com/2011/11/30/the-ultimate-squat-guide-35-squat-exercises/

^ thanks soo much. I will def be reading that later!
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Bump for later. All I have are dumbbells, too, so always looking for tips!
  • Garth23
    Garth23 Posts: 8
    Options
    I'm going to try this...i feel i have been on a plateau for a couple weeks!
    Thx!
    G.
  • RedRita32
    RedRita32 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this! :)
  • Mighty_Rabite
    Mighty_Rabite Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Love dumbbell workouts and exercises myself. Really no better way to tone each side of the body than to do so using both sides individually.
  • ValerieMomof2
    ValerieMomof2 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I also love dumbbell exercises and was coming tonight to search for workouts so thanks!
  • MsDove129
    MsDove129 Posts: 2
    Options
    This is great, thanks - I want to begin a strength training routine at home and I only have dumbbells- no storage space for anything more (we live in an apt).
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Thanks.
  • pwnderosa
    pwnderosa Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    This is a great one for when you are time crunched!

http://www.menshealth.com.sg/fitness/smartest-dumbbell-routine-ever
  • berriboobear
    berriboobear Posts: 524 Member
    Options
  • deeds2785
    deeds2785 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • worldsbestauntie
    worldsbestauntie Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    sounds good
  • Beckydyne
    Beckydyne Posts: 3
    Options
    I am a huge fan of fitness blender and all the bumbell works outs they have on there. I'm a begginer so when I see a work out plan that is just a list of different exercises it means nothing to me!!
  • jlcarcajc4
    jlcarcajc4 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing! Definitely interested in this! :)
  • cbp_07
    cbp_07 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    bump