ANYone use the ITWORKS body wraps?

Options

Replies

• kenzietate
    kenzietate Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    To me based on the fact that you have to drink a ton of water while wearing the wraps it just seems like you are flushing your system. I started drinking at least 100 oz a day two weeks ago and I have had almost all of the same results as people on here said they had from the wraps. Plus clearer skin and healthier hair. I would say start with drinking more water!
  • JenRun1
    JenRun1 Posts: 212
    Options
    To me based on the fact that you have to drink a ton of water while wearing the wraps it just seems like you are flushing your system. I started drinking at least 100 oz a day two weeks ago and I have had almost all of the same results as people on here said they had from the wraps. Plus clearer skin and healthier hair. I would say start with drinking more water!

Water =good
  • RichOC
    RichOC Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I love wraps, especially fajita wraps.
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options

Are these your personal opinions, or do you have some peer-reviewed studies that you can point us to?

I apologize .. I thought I grabbed the link. Doesn't matter to me either way whether one believes your body stores toxins or not .. just thought I would put something out there other than a emphatic no, your body doesn't store toxins.

http://drbenkim.com/toxins-cleansing-detoxing.htm

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    The key word was PEER REVIEWED. This is just shenanigans. Your liver and kidneys have a purpose.
  • KatLifter
    Options
    I use to tighten up my loose belly skin (3 kids will do that) during the summer bikini months, but now that I'm tightening up with exercise, it really doesn't seem to do anything. If it's a detox you are looking for, there are cheaper ways to do it...like a juice cleanse, and that's healthy.

Juice cleanses aren't particularly healthy either.
    MjAxMi0yMWZlYTU1YjkwM2RhZjUz.png
  • DryFlyGirl77
    DryFlyGirl77 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I use to tighten up my loose belly skin (3 kids will do that) during the summer bikini months, but now that I'm tightening up with exercise, it really doesn't seem to do anything. If it's a detox you are looking for, there are cheaper ways to do it...like a juice cleanse, and that's healthy.

Juice cleanses aren't particularly healthy either.
    MjAxMi0yMWZlYTU1YjkwM2RhZjUz.png

:drinker:
    Thank you. Peer reviewed studies are absolutely necessary when one is making such huge claims while possibly profiting from those claims. Scientific evidence isn't everything, but it really is the only thing we have in order to have facts that support a statement. Personal experience is the lowest form of data because our brains are so easily manipulated by the placebo effect. I have yet to come across any good study that shows A) "toxins" are building up and causing all these problems and B) that doing any detox has any clinically meaningful outcome. This is a tangent, but detoxes, I don't care who prescribes them, do one thing: make your conscience feel better while you pee more and poop more. There is absolutely no evidence whatsoever that you have eliminated any build up of anything. Sorry, but it's true. If it makes you feel better, great, but to make the claims that the reason you feel better is because you have just gotten rid of all of these toxins is not based on any scientific data whatsoever. If you have gotten great results from these wraps, good for you! It is well know that there are spa treatments out there to momentarily change the appearance of cellulite and other unsightly issues. But this is due to mechanical manipulation as well as water loss. NOT because you just got rid of a bunch of toxins hiding in your adipose tissue. Unless you can support this with evidence, it appears to be a marketing scheme to lure naive people in.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    scam.
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options

This! It's possible that the "results" over the 3 days of using a wrap is actually from drinking the water you are supposed to drink anyway, but people drink it because they think that with the wrap it's detoxing them. When the water is just helping your liver and kidneys do what they do naturally.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    body wraps worked great for King Tutankamun, look how thin he is now after thousands of years being wrapped in them

Mummy_Frontal.jpg
  • Lbf321
    Lbf321 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Oh man I'm lmao!!
    If you're interested in trying wraps, you can always rub vinegar and coconut oil all over your belly and then wrap with plastic wrap (like for food.) And leave this on overnight. I've never tried this, but have heard lot's of people like the result's.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

Are these your personal opinions, or do you have some peer-reviewed studies that you can point us to?

I apologize .. I thought I grabbed the link. Doesn't matter to me either way whether one believes your body stores toxins or not .. just thought I would put something out there other than a emphatic no, your body doesn't store toxins.

From the page:
    "The contents of this website are the opinions of Dr. Ben Kim unless otherwise noted."

And it doesn't have an easy to find link to his credentials. And don't forget he's the one selling it; of course it's the best thing ever that prevents and cures everything.
  • worldsbestauntie
    worldsbestauntie Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I think the are a gimic to make people waste (er spend) their money. I think a good diet and exercise works a lot better. I have a friend on Facebook that has started selling them. I blocked her from showing up in my news feed as I didn't want to ser her constant, several times a day, posting about them.
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options

The link provided is not credible. What is written is the opinion of the person writing the article who also has a cleanse.... so of course they are going to tell you that your body builds up toxins and you must detox them.
  • emilylanham917
    emilylanham917 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've done the wraps a couple of times. A friend of mine is a distributor. Honestly, every time I do them I lose around 4 inches total. You have to drink A TON of water when you do them, and then you just pee it out. Basically, it's flushing water weight.. They work, but I wouldn't honestly use them as a weight loss tool. Maybe if you want to tone up a little, they might work for that. I've seen people who say they've had great results in toning.

I take the fat fighters.... idk that they work, I haven't noticed a huge difference because I've changed my whole lifestyle around and that in itself will make you lose weight. I tried the thermofit and did not like it. It gave me strong headaches and didn't give the energy that it promised. I hear the greens are great, I have them on my next auto shipment to try.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,610 Member
    Options
    If you're a distributor, it works...............................................it works by getting people who don't understand how human physiology works, to fork out money on a product that has no scientific backing on fat reduction, toxin removal from the body, etc. This is just another snakeoil scam that preys on desperate people.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options

Your body always works within the framework of trying to preserve health, so its first defense against toxins is to eliminate them through one of your main eliminative channels - these are your urinary tract, colon, lungs, skin, and mucosal linings in your nose and ears.

So your body may create symptoms like diarrhea, a persistent cough, a skin rash, nasal discharge/congestion, and even chronic recurrent ear discharge/infections, all with the intent of protecting your cells against toxins.

By recognizing these processes as being helpful and allowing them to take their course, and working to identify and eliminate their root cause(s), you can support your body's self-preserving mechanisms to keep you well over the long term.

Let's continue to assume that you're not aware of toxins that you're steadily being exposed to, and that toxins continue to roll in. Eventually, the pace of incoming toxins may overtake the pace at which you can eliminate them.

If you reach this point, your body will have no choice but to store some of these toxins.

Keeping in line with its desire to preserve its health, your body will first store "excess" toxins in your fat tissues. This is because your fat tissues are less vital to your immediate survival than other tissues like your ligaments, muscles, and nerves. This is not to say that fat tissue that's found throughout your body isn't important. It's to say that your body instinctively seeks to preserve more important tissues whenever possible.

Accumulation of toxins in your fat tissues is what can lead to so-called harmless conditions like cysts, lipomas, and other benign tumors. These are conditions that conventional medicine typically cite as having no known cause, but they most certainly have a number of causes, with a major one being steady exposure to endogenous and exogenous toxins.

CITE your SOURCES! :indifferent:

ETA: Nevermind. I see your DOCTOR DOT COM source. I get the picture now.
  • Marcillene
    Marcillene Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Oh man I'm lmao!!
    If you're interested in trying wraps, you can always rub vinegar and coconut oil all over your belly and then wrap with plastic wrap (like for food.) And leave this on overnight. I've never tried this, but have heard lot's of people like the result's.

THIS IS WHY I DONT COMMENT! CUS MY POST CLEARLY STATES 'HAS ANYONE EVER USED THE ITWORKS BODY WRAPS'.... AND CLEARLY IF U HAVE NOT USED THEM OR ANY OF THEIR PRODUCTS OR HAD FRIENDS THAT HAVE THEN THIS POST WAS NOT MEANT FOR UR HATEFUL SMART *kitten*!

WHO THE HELL ARE YOU TO JUDGE A PERSON BY WHAT THEY MAY OR MAY NOT WANT TO TRY..TO DETOX THEIR BODY.... SERIOUSLY? THOUGHT THIS SITE WAS FOR ENCOURAGEMENT AND YET... THERES ALOT OF NEGATIVE SMART-*kitten* COMMENTS THAT COULD BE KEPT TO YOURSELF! NOT JUST YOU, BUT EVERYONE ELSE THAT FELT THE NEED TO BE HATEFUL. YOU JUST HAPPENED TO BE THE LAST ONE I SAW...

NO I HAVE NOT TRIED THEM, YES I HAVE HEARD POSITIVE FEEDBACK FROM FRIENDS IN REGARDS TO THE DETOX THAT THEY CAN GIVE YOUR BODY... AND NO IM NOT LOOKING TO LOOSE A BUNCH OF WEIGHT BY USING A WRAP THAT I KNOW CANNOT PHYSICALLY DO THAT.
  • Marcillene
    Marcillene Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    And thank you everyone that did give positive responses, not negative ones. i appreciate the input, and cited resources.
  • KatLifter
    Options
    Oh man I'm lmao!!

THIS IS WHY I DONT COMMENT! CUS MY POST CLEARLY STATES 'HAS ANYONE EVER USED THE ITWORKS BODY WRAPS'.... AND CLEARLY IF U HAVE NOT USED THEM OR ANY OF THEIR PRODUCTS OR HAD FRIENDS THAT HAVE THEN THIS POST WAS NOT MEANT FOR UR HATEFUL SMART *kitten*!

WHO THE HELL ARE YOU TO JUDGE A PERSON BY WHAT THEY MAY OR MAY NOT WANT TO TRY..TO DETOX THEIR BODY.... SERIOUSLY? THOUGHT THIS SITE WAS FOR ENCOURAGEMENT AND YET... THERES ALOT OF NEGATIVE SMART-*kitten* COMMENTS THAT COULD BE KEPT TO YOURSELF! NOT JUST YOU, BUT EVERYONE ELSE THAT FELT THE NEED TO BE HATEFUL. YOU JUST HAPPENED TO BE THE LAST ONE I SAW...

NO I HAVE NOT TRIED THEM, YES I HAVE HEARD POSITIVE FEEDBACK FROM FRIENDS IN REGARDS TO THE DETOX THAT THEY CAN GIVE YOUR BODY... AND NO IM NOT LOOKING TO LOOSE A BUNCH OF WEIGHT BY USING A WRAP THAT I KNOW CANNOT PHYSICALLY DO THAT.

tumblr_llj1763u1t1qfgmsx.gif
  • laurie62ann
    laurie62ann Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Waste of MONEY!!! Eat healthy and work out!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!