Total beginner! (Help me?)

Options
2»

Replies

• rebbylicious
    rebbylicious Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I started last week (Thrusday to be precise, I just couldnt wait until Monday!)
    I've never done any form of exercise (done voluntary, that wasn't considered a "fun" activity haha) and I'm slightly discouraged by how weak I am. I've been looking up beginner videos but, I can't even do them the same length of time they can! That doesn't mean I don't try!
    But what's concerning me now is, my calves are burning, for the second day in a row. My rest day was yesterday, and it just hurts very bad to move. Is there anything I can do to help the soreness? Should I push through and work out anyway? Is taking two rest days in a row bad juju if you're new?

For sore calves make sure you are stretching a LOT more than they do on the video. Some people just need deeper stretching. (like me) Drink LOTS of water.. I drink it during my workout, every 5 min or so I take a huge gulp. I don't know how anyone can workout without doing that.. It blows my mind to see people on an eliptical machine without water.
    Take a day but don't take 2. Give yourself a rule "i can miss 1 but I cannot miss 2". Try lighter workouts that don't burn you out. i like to rotate between hard sweaty zumba, to light and easy "leslie sansone walk away the lbs"