What do you eat now that you didn't before?

Options
Have you added new things into your diet that you never would have considered eating prior to starting your weight loss journey?

I've added yogurt. I never was a fan of yogurt, but I found a flavor from Walmart that I can bear. I add some granola to it and it's not that bad at all.

I've also never been a fan of bananas. Would only eat them if they were cut up and surrounded by ice cream, chocolate sauce and whipped topping. Now I eat them cut up and in my cereal, or cut up and on a piece of toast with some peanut butter for breakfast.

I want to try Quinoa. I've never made it.....wouldn't know what to do with it....but am going to try it.

What about the rest of you? Anything new in your menu

Replies

• JacquiMayCrook
    JacquiMayCrook Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I've started making my own yogurt with an Easiyo maker. I don't think I realised how much calcium and protein is in a healthy yogurt before starting on here, and as I only have 180ml skimmed milk in my oats each day, I was a bit worried about the lack of calcium in my diet. Must admit, I LOVE IT! I have the low fat greek, or the natural unsweetened and add fruit or crumbled Bel vita breakfast biscuit on it and it tastes delicious!
  • Prisme
    Prisme Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    since working out with my trainer he suggested trying Quinoa and Yams. Love both!
  • jqh23
    jqh23 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, quonia, ezekiel tortillas, smoothies
  • Frank_Just_Frank
    Frank_Just_Frank Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Oddly enough, meat. I used to eat just a little bit of meat and lots of rice, fruits, yogourts, frozen dinners and crackers. Now I eat more meat and potatoes, I find I need to snack less.
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    less
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    avocados
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    I love trying new things! I now eat kale, chard, quinoa, greek yogurt, oatmeal (the real one, not the instant one), chia seeds, flax seeds...
  • FindingMyself24
    FindingMyself24 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Broccoli, carrots, spaghetti squash, etc...pretty much tons of different veggies that i did not eat before...i would never touch a veggie before unless it was covered in dressing or cheese haha...not i dont even need either....YUM!
  • Vehicon
    Vehicon Posts: 22
    Options
    Garbanzo beans, non-instant oatmeal, and 2 percent Greek yogurt.
  • MrsSpindler
    MrsSpindler Posts: 68
    Options
    Kale and artichokes.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    brussels sprouts. I hated them as a kid and didn't try them again until recently. I roast them and they are delicious. I also eat spaghetti squash now instead of pasta.

I also make my own oatmeal now. I used to eat the flavored instant packets but it's just as easy (and cheaper) to buy a huge tub of quick oats, portion it into ziplock bags, and add splenda, cinnamon, and whatever else I have around. I avoid all that extra sugar and I get to have a bigger portion for fewer calories. Win/win!
  • chadnfaith
    chadnfaith Posts: 7
    Options
    For me? It's fish! I used to detest fish or anything fish-like. But now, I love it and I love it's benefits. Well, actually, I love a couple of different types of fish... I'm not a fish expert or lover of all kinds, by any means.... and I will certainly NOT eat scavengers that crawl around at the bottom of the ocean. :p BUT, the fact that I love the ones that I do is a huge change for me. :)

Oh and spinach. :) That's something I'd have gagged on earlier that I love now. :)
  • Babarrosa1
    Babarrosa1 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese :love:
  • watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal. I was never a fan. Still am not, but I have it for breakfast because it is filling and is good for me. I hope my cholesterol goes down because of it too!
  • GormanGhaste
    GormanGhaste Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Nothing yet, but I'm considering chia seeds, if I can find them locally.
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    i actually will eat a salad..whereas before..I wouldn't.. I also drink water..which I really didn't do before
  • sweetNsassy2584
    sweetNsassy2584 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Egg whites, quinoa, sweet potatoes, protein powder, flax seed, pb2
  • woodwardtm
    woodwardtm Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese with pineapple. I love that stuff! Who would have thought it? LOL
  • Willowana
    Willowana Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Way more protein than I used to.

I never ate whole fat cottage cheese in my life. Now I eat it often. Lots more greek yogurt and bananas.
  • lisamarie1780
    lisamarie1780 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I eat Quinoa now. I find it's filling and non-bloating plus it's really healthy.
    I actually eat a lot more cheese than I used to. In small amounts I find it's filling and it's got lots of protein :)