What do you eat now that you didn't before?

Options

Replies

• moliva4
    moliva4 Posts: 29
    Options
    I always ate fish, but eating more salmon now than I used to... Also artichoke hearts - I always enjoyed them - just never thought to go to them for a snack until now.
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    When i was heavy i could never stomach vegetables, pizza , cheesecake and now that i lost weight i like them. Some more than others.
  • carrietehbear
    carrietehbear Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    yogurt & bananas are the two big ones...
    I crave peanut butter a lot more now than I ever did before
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Eggs
    Chicken
    Peanut butter
    Nuts
    Greek yogurt
    Beans
    Fish
    Oatmeal
    Bananas
  • ramonafrincu
    ramonafrincu Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Fish and meat, which I still don't enjoy...ughhh, cottage cheese, greek yoghurt and protein powder...
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Before MFP, it never occurred to me to mix PopTarts and ice cream.
  • Bibliothekar
    Bibliothekar Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Raw shelled pumpkin seeds. Great source of iron for us anemic folks!
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt, more meat. Quest Bars- never knew my diet was so wimpy on protein before here.
  • Hollie704
    Hollie704 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, quinoa, kale, chia seeds, zucchini and beans. I've always hated beans with a passion, but knowing they're good for you, I have found myself incorporating them in recipes more and more. I've also found myself eating even more of the stuff I've eaten before, but now on a daily or weekly basis, like fish, avocados, bananas, nuts and peanut butter.
  • mama2mila
    mama2mila Posts: 92
    Options
    avocados, steel cut oats, broccoli, asparagus, green beans, cauliflower, plain greek yogurt, chia, forbidden rice, bell peppers, chili, sprouts. I now make my own bread, buy pastured eggs, buy local meats, and eat more veggies than ever before. :)
  • girlfromOklahoma
    girlfromOklahoma Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Talapia (which I used to HATE, now I eat once a week), Ground Turkey (instead of ground beef), Turkey Bacon (instead of pork), Skim milk (instead of 1%), spinach (along with or instead of lettuce), mustard (in place of mayo), fruits and yogurt for breakfast (instead of McD's sausage biscuits and cinnamon rolls).

In addition, I now drink water about 95% of the time. I drink as many as 12 8 oz glasses a day. I used to drink about 6 12 oz Dr. Pepper's a day, so this is a big change for me.

I also now eat red meat only once a week or so. I used to eat red meat as many as 8-10 times a week. I ate burgers for lunch on the regular and steak for dinner. I also used ground beef in spaghetti, meatloaf, lasagna, etc. Now I use turkey instead.

Some of these things didn't start right away. At first I was making the red meat fit into my calorie limits. I still could make it fit. But then I realized that I wanted to start eating foods that would best fuel my body, not just ones that fit into my macros.

I feel so healthy now compared to what I used to!!! A whole lot of that has to do with the foods I'm using to fuel my body instead of the grease and sugar I used to eat!!
  • ShanR77
    ShanR77 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Brussell Sprouts and Asparagus. Before i despised them but my taste buds have changed due to being gluten free and dairy free i've incorporated a lot more veggies and i have to say...Brussell sprouts aren't half bad :flowerforyou:
  • BlessedHeart
    BlessedHeart Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Almond milk, kale, feta cheese, spaghetti squash, butternut squash, leeks, chia seeds, brown rice pastas.
  • HermioneDanger118
    HermioneDanger118 Posts: 345 Member
    Options

I want to try Quinoa. I've never made it.....wouldn't know what to do with it....but am going to try it.

It takes a bit to cook, but it's very versatile. 2 of my favorite, yet very different recipes are:
    1) Serving it separated and cold in a salad with arugula and goat cheese, maybe some pine nuts too
    2) cooking it hot with almond milk to serve as a substiture for oatmeal. Serve with cinnamon and honey, or add slivered almonds or walnuts, or bananas for more texture.

Ooooh, good ideas!
  • LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    avocados
    very dark chocolate
    almond/coconut milk
    coconut oil
    homemade mayo
  • dmchiz
    dmchiz Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I certainly eat better now than ever...new things I'm obsessed with are Edamame (love the 90 cal packs I can steam in the microwave!) Grapefruit! , and Chia seeds. I also eat Tilapia now and more fresh fruit? Tried Quinoa a couple times, but still cant decide if I like it lol
  • DainaLC
    DainaLC Posts: 18,937 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened almond milk
    cucumbers
    oranges
  • amymaytay
    amymaytay Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    sriricha noodles---a little rubbery, but they were pretty good and soo much better than other noodles (macro-wise)
    cottage cheese
    greek yogurt
    oranges
    turkey & chicken bacon

I just have ALOT more fun now finding new things and recipes to try!!

EDITED TO ADD - - - EGG WHITES!!! love them!
  • bobbinseed
    bobbinseed Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I recently discovered hummus and wow is it amazing! Many flavors to choose from and can be eaten several ways. My fave is as celery dip. I like the crunch of the celery with the creaminess of the hummus. I also sometimes use it as a sandwich condiment to replace miracle whip.
  • jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    spaghetti squash, greek yogurt, protein shakes