Do you use a kitchen scale?

Options
124»

Replies

• cherryd69
    cherryd69 Posts: 340
    Options
    I just bought one last week. Still having trouble incorporating it. For instance, I made a meatloaf the other day. Once all the ingredients were combined I had not idea how many calories were in the meatloaf based on its weight. So I just added each ingredient to my log and divided the amount I put in the recipe by 8 since there were 8 servings. If that makes any sense at all.

I do think it helps a lot though whenever I prepare something that's a single ingredient like a chicken breast or broccoli.

You have to weigh the ingredient before you cook them, when they are still separate :)

I did this with rice... my 40g of uncooked rice was a massive portion once cooked!

So from then on in, it dosnt touch my plate until its been weighed after cooking.
  • RaineyLaney
    RaineyLaney Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Yup sure do and I tend to use it for my nuts, fresh veggies and fresh fruits the most. I also use the "g" grams setting more on the fresh veggies and fruits and the 'oz" ounce setting for my nuts.
  • funkythreads2004
    funkythreads2004 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I got some scales and have never looked back. You just dont realize you are overeating by not doing portion control. What you guestimate is normally no where near what the reality is. I also use a smaller plate to eat from, so my meals look huge. Larger plates often result in over filling on portion control:flowerforyou: