What are women competeing for?

Options

Replies

• FearAndTrembling
    Options
    Men are jealous too. Nothing makes men crazier than women. They fight over them, do other stupid things, end up in jail, etc. Romance is the largest cause of drama in both sexes. Women do seem to hold grudges longer though.
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Guys compete all the time too.

True. But they seem to do it without being so hateful. If 2 men are competing for attention from the same woman and one man "wins" it, they can still be friends. Or if one man is particularly more attractive to than others they generally don't hate him for it.

Not entirely true. D-bags do exist. I don't think it's gender specific.

Just wanted to out-quote you.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    I compete.

I compete with myself.

Sometimes I lose with yesterday me, and it makes me grit my teeth and try harder...sometimes I win and I feel on top of the *kitten* world.

Why would I really need to compete with anyone else when I give myself those feelings?
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    I don't want to compete against pretty women. What does it matter who's prettier/better/faster/sexier? It doesn't.

Also, I just like to hang out with hot chicks.

why not? You're pretty. Also, I don't compete, but I love that pic, OP! I saw it in the catty women thread, too. “Compete with yourself. There is no reason to be jealous of anyone else. I say we congratulate and motivate, rather than hate.” ~ Bry Allen

+1 because you just quoted yourself. And that is awesome.

I know. I'm a dork, but I kinda really love that quote....
  • JaneDough_
    JaneDough_ Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I dunno [b:tches be cray cray], no one is going to beat me on the healing meters. That's all I have to say about this.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Definitely not spelling competitions.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I don't worry about it; the air is thin up here at the top.

Only the strong survive.

you think it's thin where you are... try being 6'1 and sporting 4" heels... I'm not ditzy, I'm just oxygen deprived.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Chocolate. Other women be trying to eat chocolate when clearly it all belongs to me.

I'm also competing against men for chocolate.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options

Only the strong survive.

you think it's thin where you are... try being 6'1 and sporting 4" heels... I'm not ditzy, I'm just oxygen deprived.

The metaphorical air at the metaphorical top.

Oxygen deprivation is no joke!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Definitely not spelling competitions.

Damn it man. The Firefox spell check squiggly doesn't show up for the tittle.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    However the solution to "catty women" isn't to write off 51% of the population from potential friend-hood, it's to actually make more female friends.

Good lord. Don't do that.

Women are far easier to oppress if their energy is diverted into competing with each other.

Divided you certainly do fall...
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options

Only the strong survive.

Given my proclivities:love: ....*shudder*
  • Tuffjourney
    Tuffjourney Posts: 971
    Options
    In response to the catty women thread (and yes, I felt the need to start a new thread as that one had been derailed).

I love this quote:
    Iand the only way we could survive is if a guy wanted to have sex with us?

Well ya, BOB isn't as fun.:blushing:
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    Chocolate. Other women be trying to eat chocolate when clearly it all belongs to me.

you can haz my chocolate. I'll take the pickles.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Rock, paper, scissors, GO.
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I mean, what were we competing for? Attention from guys? Like that was some kind of super-rare commodity, like we all are living on Mars and male attention is oxygen, and the only way we could survive is if a guy wanted to have sex with us? It sounds stupid, but I realized that was basically the paradigm under which I was operating.

Attention from guys, in general, is indeed plentiful and thus worthless... because the most plentiful guys are indeed worthless.

Attention from the best men is indeed scarce, because there only a few on top.

So decide if you want the best or not, and compete or not...
    But they seem to do it without being so hateful. If 2 men are competing for attention from the same woman and one man "wins" it, they can still be friends.

Usually. Most men can. Some get all bitter and snippy, though.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Seriously though, I never understand people (men or women) saying they don't like people of the same gender. I think it's a warning sign.

^^^This
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Im sure lots of ppl are going to come here to find out. haha!

:huh: :yawn:
  • gkwatra
    gkwatra Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    TOPIC: What are women competeing for?

taunto

Yes, taunto, you started all the craziness. Now the world has gone to he11 in a handbasket and life as woman will never be same ... :sad:

Edited because I cannot type today ...
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

you can haz my chocolate. I'll take the pickles.

I hate pickles, so I believe this 'trade' shall work out beautifully!