too fat for shorts?

Options
13»

Replies

• TheRealPlip
    TheRealPlip Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It depends on what you are comfortable in. Wear what you want to wear and don't let what other people say or think bother you.
  • FussyFruitbat
    FussyFruitbat Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Anyone who thinks that I need to hide my body because it's big, well I just don't care about their opinion. I'd wear shorts if I were 600lbs.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Wear what makes you happy.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    When you are walking in shorts and it sounds like you are wearing cordouroy that may be pushing the boundaries.
  • Svolt
    Svolt Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    My thighs have always rubbed...even when I have been in great shape. I just have thick legs and not enough hip to ever have that "thigh gap".Short Shorts are basically out of the question. I am always in capris and thank the lord for cute sundresses!!!

^^^^ Same here!!
  • cobes24
    cobes24 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    When it's 90 degrees and 90% humidity in August in Iowa, I say I'm too fat for anything but shorts--but it's important to find ones that fit well. I make sure they are long enough to cover my hooha and big enough to not give me extra rolls. My legs are strong and thick and I love the hell out of them, even the jiggly bits at the top. ! The most important part is finding what you're comfortable in, and dressing to fit your shape.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    ...I'll admit to staring a bit at people who are too fat to wear shorts, but I understand I'm in the minority when it comes to these things.

Errm, no you're not, you're being honest.

BUT, she is in the minority for being honest :)

Exactly!
  • KiltFuPanda
    KiltFuPanda Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    You can get away with knee length shorts no matter who you are. I know the majority of people replying are women, but this is something big men have to worry (or SHOULD) worry about, too. I have thighs that are bigger than some people's waistlines (hell, my calves are 22" around in and of themselves), but as you can see in my profile pic, a good pair of shorts can be found.
  • Annerk1
    Annerk1 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    You can get away with knee length shorts no matter who you are. I know the majority of people replying are women, but this is something big men have to worry (or SHOULD) worry about, too. I have thighs that are bigger than some people's waistlines (hell, my calves are 22" around in and of themselves), but as you can see in my profile pic, a good pair of shorts can be found.

Exactly! Knee length shorts (or an inch or so above) are flattering on everyone. With the right cut they can actually make legs look longer and more slender than capris will. As far as butt and thighs go, there is no difference between knee length shorts and capris.
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I live in Phoenix. There is no such thing as too fat for shorts or tank tops.
  • amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    No one is too fat for shorts. You just have to find ones that are comfortable. I was morbidly obese & also used to have the issue of them creeping up my inner thighs while I walked, so depending on your weight/body style, you may need to look for shorts that are long enough & a heavy enough fabric so that doesn't happen to you. I had to stay away from t-shirt material & get denim or heavy cotton. It's really irritating & embarrassing to have to keep pulling your short legs back down to where they belong.
  • hellokittymaui
    hellokittymaui Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    You just have to find shorts that are right for your body.
  • rebbylicious
    rebbylicious Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    meh... I will get scrutinized here for saying this but yes... if the goal is to look as good as you can considering the weather, and if you know shorts make you look like hell, then find another way to dress for the weather. I wear long maxi dresses or hippy skirts in the summer for this reason. I don't care what others think... but I know how uncomfortable I am with those parts of my body. I don't like seeing them... I certainly don't want anyone else seeing them.
  • MelissaVoci
    MelissaVoci Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    If you really want to wear shorts, wear them! Just make sure they are a good fit. The problem isn't people being too "fat" to wear shorts, it's people squeezing into shorts that don't fit them.... Wear shorts, or I agree with above, wear sundresses or skirts :) Be comfortable and LOVE yourself :)
  • redredy9
    redredy9 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I have short thick shapely legs with fuller thighs than calves and I think shorts are more flattering than capris on me. Capris tend to make me look shorter and thicker.

I love wearing shorts as long as they fit well. I also have thighs that rub together and my shorts will ride up if I pick the wrong material or fit so I have to try them on and really walk around the fitting room a bit before purchasing.
  • momblobnomore
    momblobnomore Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks for answers. I'm 5 5 and 150 so I'm probably the only one thinking I'm too fat just wanted opinions on people in general not me specifically
  • dawningr
    dawningr Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    You're too fat if they ride up from your fat thighs. And then you're one of those people walking with a short leg tucked up in their fat roll.
    I can say this, I'm still this woman, but will revel in the day I can wear shorts :-)
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    meh ive had people moo and laugh at me in shorts before but you know what...I dont give a flying rat's f-en azz. Sometimes I'll wear daisy dukes just because I can. There are haters and there are lovers. Youre only fat if you decide your too fat to wear it as long as there is stretchy spandex out there we can shove our big ol' booties into anything an there aint nothing no body gonna do cuz its your body and your clothing. So rock those clothes girl there are some people out there who appreciate the extra bounce.
  • c0ffee_l0ver
    c0ffee_l0ver Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    There isn't such a thing as "too fat for shorts". The problem comes when a size 14 tries to squeeze into a size 4. Dress your size and wear what you are comfortable in!
  • bbl2013t
    bbl2013t Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    never , you can wear a 2 piece bathing suit, miniskirts, shorts when you are fat my female friends and and my girlfriend do they are around 400 lbs and 5 foot 5, wear what you want