Change of Diet and My period seems to be starting early!

Options
I've been using myfitnesspal for several months off and on, but I've changed my way of eating this past month. I eat spinach salads that have a lot of protein and fiber for lunch everyday (always different proteins and healthy dressings). I think this has affect my period because I am starting a week and a half early and it's kind of freaking me out because I'm very regular and I take birth control. How common is this?? I also don't drink as much as I used to which I would assume has something to do with it. Please tell me this is common so I don't feel like i'm going nuts over it...

Replies

• jsen71
    jsen71 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started walking again, and I got my period a week after my previous period ended. Also, seems to be lasting longer. I still have it, and it's been six days... So, I believe change of diet, exercise, shocks the system and your period could be off track...
  • ressa8
    Options
    me too!! I started walking every morning, and I am weeks early!
  • Forneil
    Options
    Yes, losing weight can affect your menstrual cycle. Any large weight adjustment causes a shift in hormones, because estrogen release is partially based on your fat cells. When you lose a large amount of weight, estrogen automatically declines.
  • slieber
    slieber Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    You also have a body change every 7-10 years so it could be a combination of both.
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    I think its fairly common to see changes at first, I know I did...that said, if it doesn't settle after a couple or so cycles you would need to see your Dr just to make sure.
  • maricasas
    Options
    WOW!! This just happened to me too!! I got my period yesterday and just had it two weeks ago!! I guess it is my new and improved lifestyle. I've been runnin about 2 miles a day for the past 2 weeks...
  • anner53108
    Options
    Not uncommon and nothing to worry about. If you go for, like, four or more months with completely irregular periods, though, you might want to at least talk to a nurse at your doc's/gyn's office just to see if you should go in for a checkup.
    But weight changes, exercise, all the good stuff we're doing do affect your hormones and your cycle. Just something else fun to keep us on our toes, I guess! :happy:

Guys have it so lucky ... they have no idea ... :laugh:

~ Ann
  • astul
    astul Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    mine is 2 weeks early after it being almost 2 weeks late last month but i put my early one due to the fact I'm flying out on my holiday tomorrow and doesn't mother nature always make ur life more awkward when you just don't want it to!! After a plateau last month of hardly any scale movement, I have been dropping more pounds as I've upped my exercise so it could be that too!
  • Victoriav99
    Victoriav99 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I'm so relieved! Mine is very regulary so this really threw me off!! Thanks so much ladies for the responses! You made my day!
  • Hartmowen
    Options
    I just came across this post and am also relieved, I have been experiencing the same exact thing. I had a full period mid cycle and am also on the pill.
  • eshamy29
    Options
    I am relieved as well this is awesome to know thanks for the post :)
  • Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    WOW!! This just happened to me too!! I got my period yesterday and just had it two weeks ago!! I guess it is my new and improved lifestyle. I've been runnin about 2 miles a day for the past 2 weeks...

That happened to me to once a few months ago! I had been working out awhile though so it seemed totally random to me but maybe I had changed exercising or diet routine I don't really remember (I was on BC pills at the time also). I had emailed my doctor about it and she said it's totally normal when you're changing your weight, diet, and exercise routine for your cycle to react in frequency and heaviness. I only had that one time of finishing my normal period, then having another full period two weeks later and then not having one for a month and a half. It normaled out on it's own though after that.
  • Hartmowen
    Options
    I started again mid cycle 12 days after my period ended and it has lasted 6 days so far.
  • jallman1989
    Options
    thank you gouys so much I just got freaked out thinking sonmething was wrong or I was pregnant with this same thing happening!
  • wendylogan336
    Options
    I've been googling for an hour! And then this post popped up... My first period since staying diet last month and it is still here but light. Grrr! I started a week past sat, it went then came back but light..... When will it bugger off?! I've been reading all sorts, I'll be keeping an eye on cycles though. X
  • deeds2785
    deeds2785 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    That happened to me had it for 2 weeks straight, when normally its 4 days max and super light (on BC pills) got freaked out and went to the doc and he figures its jjust hormones...still spotting the odd day, totally sucks! Glad its not just me tho, I was getting worried lol. Hope it evens out here soon.
  • JulesAlloggio
    JulesAlloggio Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    totally normal..happened to me too

Your body will adapt to it..don't worry =)
  • Mmmmona
    Mmmmona Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I skipped last month because of my change in diet and exercise.
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    go ask a doctor
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Dani and I have irregular periods. Looking for others out there who have similar periods.