Change of Diet and My period seems to be starting early!

Options
2»

Replies

• Nmira09
    Nmira09 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    That's so funny because I was just telling my friends that this has been happening to me. I'm not always regular and now all of a sudden I am. I keep getting it early. My friend says that it's probably because I changed the way I eat completely and i don't have all those bad toxins in my body.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Hi, Change of Diet and My period seems to be starting early!

Nice to meet you. I'm Lea.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Have you tried eating cauliflower instead?
  • cspinelli712
    cspinelli712 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    This is very true, when I started losing weight about 3 weeks later I had a period that I should not have had and now I am down 48 pounds and I am always having a period so now I am scheduled for a D&C. Not sure what is going on but I will say if it continues go see your doctor and have things checked out better safe than sorry.
  • Lbf321
    Lbf321 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    My period is 5 days late, thankfully my tubes are tied. Last month I didn't think my period was going to ever stop.
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,145 MFP Staff
    Options
    I have moved this topic from Introduce Yourself to General Diet and Weight Loss Help. I have also removed a bunch of posts that were off topic and want to remind posters of our second guideline and encourage folks to please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting.
  • dietcokeg
    dietcokeg Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    since i've started eating clean and working out regularly i've noticed my period last a lot shorter then it did before and its very light. dietary changes definitely impact your menstrual cycle, nothing to worry about unless you haven't got your period for a while which may signal severe malnutrition.
  • JaneDough_
    JaneDough_ Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    period.png
  • rose_gian
    rose_gian Posts: 43
    Options
    You should probably ask your doctor.
  • Storkette79
    Options
    Yes, diet affects hormones even reproductive ones. I would monitor it for 4-6 cycles and see if it settles. If it doesn't it could probably also be lowered progesterone levels. Best way to know is to start temping (charting your temps every day at the same time on waking after more than 3 hrs uninterrupted sleep) but that prob wont work considering you are on synthetic birth control LOL. After I went gluten free my periods changed straight away. For 2 cycles I have had regular 28 day cycles instead of fluctuating between 21-25 days and very little period pain and lighter flow. So, yeh, diet will affect it but generally shorter cycles aren't better :s So you need to monitor for a few months to see if it will readjust or if there are other concerns see a doctor. In my experience docs know little in this area tho :s
  • malori_scheffer1994
    Options
    I just started my new diet 5 days ago, the day I was supposed to start my period. I'm on a vegetarian diet now, but I don't know if my diet could have this kind of impact on my period at this point or not. I am five days late for my period now, and my tubes are not tied. I am just 19, but I know several other factors can be the cause of delayed or changed menstrustion.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    It's probably nothing, but see your gyno just to be sure. What if it was something and you didn't bother checking because you attributed it to spinach and exercise? At least call and ask if they think you should come in.

Better safe than sorry!!