Place of workout?

Options
13»

Replies

• amybg1
    amybg1 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I'll run outside when a guide's available and lift weights at the gym, paddle at the canoe club and curl as well in the winter and occasionally snowshoe and taht sorta thing
  • Ninguneado73
    Ninguneado73 Posts: 832
    Options
    local gym and running outdoors
  • lorcart
    lorcart Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Garage and local trails
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Running outside.
    Swimming at the local council pool.
    Jillian and other stuff (planks, situps etc) at home.
  • Donald_Dozier_50
    Donald_Dozier_50 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    My workout consists of walking only due to severe permanent physical limitations but as long as there is asphalt in our neighborhood I have a free and safe place 24/7.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    Gym, the couch calls my name too loudly at home. The people at the gym keep me really motivated, I have been going to the same gym for almost 4 years and it is generally the same group of people there when I go.
  • ShaeLovelyy
    ShaeLovelyy Posts: 55
    Options
    I used to always workout from home. Never really had the money to join a gym, but my school just built this HUGEE 3 floor gym. its amazing..i swear its like heaven! haha so im there everyday now!
  • YolieCreator
    YolieCreator Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Gym for me. Got a planet fitness membership and try my best to make it worth the money.
  • lizfiz50
    lizfiz50 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    We have a small room with an exercise bike, exercise ball, weights, and other little workout gear.

My hubby rigged it up with surround sound and added a clamp for a tablet, so I watch a movie while I bike and play music when I doing strength exercises.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Gym. I wish I could workout at home. It would suit my antisocialness. But I can't afford a squat rack, oly bar, and all the plates.
  • susiepet
    susiepet Posts: 68
    Options
    Gym - but I really want to do some home stuff as I'm way too sedentary on days I work at home!
    S
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Home. Been from home since day 1. Did join a gym 3 months ago, went a few times & then decided it was no good for me at all. SO now it's back home...... or I run outside at the park..... MASSIVE park....water, birds, wildlife & it's 2.5km around the damn thing...I run it 4 times & then head home another km away.
  • mlogantra76
    mlogantra76 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I work out at a Ymca. It has a ton of classes to choose from and excellent instructors. I don't use the cardio equipment too much... Several of the classes I take involve free weights so I do my weight training in classes too. However, I have exercised with out a gym years ago and was very successful. I'm going to be out of town for a few weeks and plan on exercising there using you tube videos, dumb bells, a mat, etc... I do love the social aspect of the classes(the other participants and the leaders). My husband also takes the strength training classes with me.
  • fxgs
    fxgs Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    At home, no distractions, great results and the price is right.
  • msurads06
    msurads06 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Used to be exclusively at home/outdoors. I now have free access to a gym 3 blocks from my house so this week I started going there, I really like the feedback I get from the cardio machines telling me how hard I am working/calories, etc. Bonus, I walk there and back adds 40 calories burned to my workout!!! I enjoyed going to the gym when I had a membership before but the problem with where I live is the nearest gym was 40 miles away so not only did I have the gym membership fees but also an hour drive each way. Now that the Hospital I work for has opened a fitness center as part of their new Rehab Facility I can go there and use the elliptical, treadmill, stationary and spin bikes as well as the weight machines. They even offer zumba and other classes though I am not sure if I will take advantage of this.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Gym, I like getting out of the house.