Diet-busting foods you should avoid?

2»

Replies

• LittleMsEva
    LittleMsEva Posts: 76 Member
    It's not the food that gets you in trouble, it's your mindset and degree of motivation that are most important. I eat anything that I want to - but I also know that if I decide to have a huge hunk of chocolate cake, I won't have as many available calories later on (unless I exercise to burn that bad boy off). Think of calories like money - you can buy whatever you like as long as you have the available funds.

And as another poster said, "Don't drink your calories, aside from milk". This is truth - if you stick to calorie-free beverages, it gets a lot easier to eat the things you want without tripping yourself up.

That defs does make sense. I really love the metaphor. Thanks!
  • LittleMsEva
    i think it is personal. We all have those foods where just a little is never enough. For me, calorie dense foods are what I stay away from...like peanut butter. So tired of hearing how good it is for you... It is impossible stop at the suggested two tablespoons..who really does that? lol

Thank God I`ve never tried peanut butter =) Now i definitely don`t plan on it! Sounds tasty!
  • LittleMsEva
    I know everything is okay in moderation, but generally speaking, what are some diet-busting foods that should be avoided if possible, and why? I came up with a list (probably not accurate entirely, or at all) .

I`ve been trying to avoid eating certain foods because I feel as if they might ruin my diet and be extremely-calorie-heavy, :o I`m trying to control my cravings :o but i cannot help it sometimes.

-Milkshakes- calorific and tons of saturated fat
    -Hot dogs- fat and sodium filled
    -Cinnamon buns- fatty and calorie loaded
    -Muffins- sugary and calorie heavy
    -Prepackaged meals- sodium heavy
    -Potato chips- fattening
    -Energy bars- filled with added sugar
    -Vitamin water- loaded with sugar
    -Granola- has a startling amount of sugar
    -Creamy soups- excessive sodium and saturated fat
    I do not have a "do not eat" list because my list of "do not like" is already long enough. So I just make whatever I want fit.

Oh, remember, fat does not make you fat, but it does play an important part in being healthy.
    More info you might like here
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/10118-eat-train-progress

thanks ! really helpful!