How much do you all workout in a day?

Options

Replies

• AmberleyAngel
    AmberleyAngel Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm still building up to what I want to do. I try to do at least 45 minutes of Zumba, 5 days a week. Then I do some time on the exercycle (only 10 mins at a time so far). Additionally a few minutes of kettlebells and throw in a walk if I feel inclined.
  • mariliak
    mariliak Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I usually do a session of turbo fire every morning/7days a week and then in the evening 1 or 2 hours of pilates/zumba/ dynamic aerobics /zumba toning /5-6 days a week . Also I walk all the distances that I have to move to . And on sundays that are almost a rest day I usually like to go to zumbathons , snowboarding , swimming , hiking etc. Right now I just had a surgery in my throat so for the rest of the week nothing !!
  • majasmi
    majasmi Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    currently doing insanity. so HIIT 5 days a week (with a rest day and one 'lite' recovery workout). on rest days i brisk walk 5km or more. try to average about >5000 cals burned per week.
  • vstraughan
    vstraughan Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    90 in the morning (power plates w/ weights and x-trainer on varying resistance) and 20 mins '30 day shred' in the evening 3 days a week
    60 in the morning (power plates w/weights and spinning class) and 20 mins 30 day shred in the evening 3 days a week
    20 mins 30 day shred on the last day

My weight loss hit a stall because I wasn't eating enough. Changed that very recently.
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    30-35mins weights
    60-80 mins cardio
    10-15mins swimming
    -Will do this 3 times a week, the other 3 are just weights and an hour just walking if it's nice weather and I don't feel like hitting the treadmill, with one day off, usually Sunday.

Plus, I walk to get everywhere I need to be, everyday.
  • justjennnie
    justjennnie Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    You all are super inspiring. I haven't been working out nearly as much as some of you have- but that's probably been the problem all of my life! :) Mine is currently a rotation of Jillian Michaels workouts 6 days a week. I probably should be doing 2 a day but can't seem to find the time at the moment.
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    about 1.5 hours.

45 min of strength and lifting and 40 min or so cardio. I take sat and sun off and wed is just cardio, though I do run sometimes On saturdays
  • hellokittymaui
    hellokittymaui Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Daily workouts:

30-45 mins of cardio
    30-45 mins of weight lifting

Additional workouts:

Wednesday night - Pilates
    Friday night - QiForze
    Saturday afternoon - Yoga
  • norrishbex
    norrishbex Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Mon, Wed, Fri mornings I do weights, the time varies between 45-60 minutes
    Tues, Thurs, Sat mornings I am doing the C25K program, currently in week 2, about 40 mins
    Tues-Sun I ride horses, which varies from 1 hour up to 3 or 4 hours depending on what I am working on or if I am competing. Although I don't really count horse riding as exercising, its my sanity!
  • gogoyubarino
    gogoyubarino Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Atleast 45 minutes/ 6 days a week. No more than an hour and a half.
  • composite
    composite Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Generally below is what I do but it will depend on how hard the mountain bike sessions are. Some times I'll take an extra rest or if work is very busy I don't always get time to get to the gym for the sprint intervals.

Monday - 1 hour easy going cycling + 30mins ish of sprint intervals, 45mins weights.
    Tuesday - 1 hour easy going cycling
    Wednesday - 2-4 hours moderate mountain biking
    Thursday - 1 hour easy going cycling + 30mins ish of sprint intervals, 45mins weights.
    Friday - 1 hour easy going cycling
    Saturday - 4-6 hours moderate to hard mountain biking
    Sunday - Rest.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    On average around 3 hours a day a mixture of swimming, walking, running some yoga and boxing ( not all on the same day). When I've built my bike some mountain biking will be introduced. I don't have a set day off but normally have about one easier day which will just include an hour of dog walking. Some weeks I won't have one easier day other weeks because life gets in the way I cook have two. It works for me but does involve getting up very early and for someone who hates mornings it's still hard to do.
  • Wowunicorns
    Wowunicorns Posts: 16
    Options
    My goal is to get some kind of exercise or physical activity everyday for at least 30 minutes.

But usually it's a good week for me if i get in 3 days of full body weights (usually takes 45 mins) and 2 days of cardio intervals (usually takes 20-30 minutes).
  • krowanvil
    krowanvil Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    On week days I take a 30 min walk (2.5 to 3 mph pace).
    Monday, Wednesday, & Fridays I go to the gym for 30 - 60 min (walk 5-15 min + stretch 5-15 min + weights 10-30 min)
    On weekends I do yard work and go on walks with my family.
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    I generally walk about 70-80 minutes a day at a pace that's brisk for me (as a shorty with short legs, it's not very fast, lol).
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    45 mins to an hour combining both cardio and weight strength training.

That's my answer too. But some days, it's only 30 minutes. So, for me 30-60 minutes of combining both cardio and weight strength training.

Plus, I teach preschool 40+ hours a week. So that's 8 hours a day of running and playing hard and ends up being about 10 miles of walking each day.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    45 minutes to an hour daily.
  • Bjninja
    Bjninja Posts: 44
    Options
    I work out (cardio usually) for 30-45 minutes every morning before work. I also don't own a car and I live in a big city, so I have to walk everywhere. Some days I will do an hour boxing class or an hour yoga class, if I can fit it into my schedule.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I work out 5 days a week. 2 of the days I take a 1 hr ballet class, and the other 3 days I do cardio or weights for 30-45 minutes. I'm not a huge fan of long workouts. I prefer to get a good, intense workout in a short amount of time.
  • sherrin567
    sherrin567 Posts: 13
    Options
    Wow, you guys are all awesome! I feel like I don't do any exercise at all now, but time does seem to be an issue. I work full time with a 45 - 60 minute commute each way. I do a 45 minute full body strength training work out on Tuesdays and Thursdays which includes 15 minutes. of HIIT. On Saturdays I take a 1 hour. boot camp class. I also try to walk at least 5 miles everyday.