How much do you all workout in a day?

Options

Replies

• quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    My goal is 45 minutes, six days a week. This week, I'm running short, due to an injury.
  • freyaheart
    freyaheart Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I work out 5 days a week usually 30-45 minutes for 3 out of the 5. I have Zumba on monday and wednesday and the class is an hour long.
  • thistimewillbedifferent
    thistimewillbedifferent Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Monday Nautilus routine (nine exercises assigned by my trainer -- takes about an hour to complete) after work

Tuesday shadowboxing class (one hour) after work

Wednesday rest

Thursday one hour with trainer before work

Friday rest

Saturday one hour with trainer mid-morning. If still have energy (only about 50% of the time), shadowboxing class at noon.

Sunday 60-90 minute brisk walk

I have loads of lean body mass, so am focusing much more on cardio than on strength.
  • Armyantzzz
    Armyantzzz Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I've been on a mission for the past 76 days...(76 consecutive days of cardio and weight exercise with "two a days" on the weekend.) Each session is a minimum of 1hr 15mins each.... and up to 2hrs total. :smile: :wink: :smile: With the extra "push" I've lost 46 pounds in just over a year! Now I'm only 22 lbs from my ultimate goal of 175!!:wink::wink: :bigsmile:
  • MizzDoc
    MizzDoc Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Between 30 - 60 minutes, depending on the day and what exercise I have planned.
    I work out approximately, 4 days a week.
  • goodtimezzzz
    goodtimezzzz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Im very active but actual Great Exercise is 3 to 4 x a week!!
  • asp415
    asp415 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Everyday. Lunges, squats, push-ups, was only jogging/walking for 20 min. On the treadmill, but have now also added walking during my lunch hour for about 30min.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    60 - 80 minutes lifting, 5-10 minutes cardio. Somedays cardio will go a little longer if it's nice outside and I feel like running.
  • Shaunte86
    Shaunte86 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I work out 1-2 hours per day 5-6 days a week. I do cardio daily, and strength train/lift 3-4 times a week (on a good week). I am a teacher so when we have breaks such as fall break, winter break, spring break, and summer I do two-a-days which is generally 3-4 hours 4 days a week and 1-2 the other days.
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    About 4-5 times a day I actually "work out" other days I really burn enough from working in the yard, delivering pet food (my job), etc that I don't really exercise. Typically I'll workout about 40min... usually 20min running 20min weights/circuits. But it varies depending on how I feel and what I'm doing that day. I'm really not a creature of habit and detest "routines" so I make it up as I go :)
  • moni_tb_192
    moni_tb_192 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    30-60 minutes of running three times a week, Ripped in 30 twice a week (30-35mins), some cycling (30-45 mins a week) and LOTS of walking... I probably walk around 45 minutes every day, on my way over and my way back from work.
  • elainecroft
    elainecroft Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    45 minutes of cardio/body strength intervals most days.
    30 min circuit training / heavy weights once a week.
    This week I added in biking (bike to work week, yay) 10 miles / 5 days a week.
  • IamMeMa5
    IamMeMa5 Posts: 12
    Options
    My goal is an hour a day. But usually I spend 40 minutes walk/running and add some weight training, pilates or other toning exercises later in the day for 30 minutes to an hour.
  • coffeycake
    coffeycake Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Monday - swim 30mins & Spinning 45mins
    Tuesday - walk 35 mins, , swim 30mins
    Wednesday - spinning 45mins, weights 45 mins
    Thurs - spin 45mins, swim 30
    Fri, weights 45mins
    sat- cycle 60mins
    Sun- day off

Still not losing weight as constantly grazing and proving a pain in the butt
  • rachlril
    rachlril Posts: 4
    Options
    I have a heavy full time job, and have to be realistic. Frankly though, I think compared to even most fittish people, I do quite a lot: Generally do 45-60 min spinning (intense, sweat pouring, mix of climbs and sprints, usually HRM shows burn of 400-500) every Mon/Tues/Thurs/Fri/Sat (Wednesday full rest day to let muscles repair) and then on Sundays a decent run (trying to build up, now at about 5-6miles but aim is eventually to cover 10-13).

I also commute to work on my bike most days (unless working from home), which is 4.5 miles each way. I do it at a fair clip and usually burn 150-200 cal on HRM each way. then on Sundays in the afternoon, if am not at work, I try and cover 20-25 miles on the bike as well as the run, usually on way to seeing friends.

every couple of days I do 5x20 sets of push ups, situps, squats as well. probably need to up that, even though the spin also works the core.

works for me
  • sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I run a fitness group now and I'm no longer losing weight, but focusing on strength and endurance. I lead a 5 am, 6 am, and 6 pm class m-f and usually do a 5k on Saturdays. Our workouts are anywhere from 35-60 minutes and range from Les Mills Combat to "bootcamp" to Yoga.
  • thoeting
    thoeting Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    M - 60 min cardio (spinning and running)
    T - 60 min w/trainer - cardio/strength
    W - 45 min strength, 30 min spin, 15 min running, 60 min yoga
    Th - 45 min spin, 30 min cardio, 15 min strength, 75 min yoga
    F - 60 min cardio combo
    S - 30 min strength, 30 min running, 90 min yoga
    S - rest

sometimes toss in an extra class when I feel snarky

20 - 30 minutes stretch after cardio
  • jmc422
    jmc422 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    it'll vary person to person. Each person's goals are different. Remember you have to eat, to lose. Crank that metabolism up first and foremost.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    1 hour 6 days a week.
  • cookiealbright
    cookiealbright Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Monday - Yoga for an hour
    Tuesday - Gym for an hour
    Thursday - Treadmill 20 min. & gym for an hour (going to start Bootcamp Condintioning next week)
    Saturday - Treadmill 20 min.