"Bang for Your Calorie" snacks

Options

Replies

• _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    I've been snacking on Goldfish at work lately because it's 200 calories for a relatively large amount, that can keep my hands and mouth busy for awhile..
    Nuts?

/end thread
  • bigbear167
    bigbear167 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    trail mix 1/4 cup 160 cals.
  • clairelouwade
    clairelouwade Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon-Launch-01-1024x398.jpg
  • EvilShenanigansTX
    EvilShenanigansTX Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    My go-to snack is usually popcorn, but I also like tortilla chips with salsa bean dip (1 tablespoons hot salsa mixed into 1/4 cup vegetarian refried beans), hummus and carrots, low-fat string cheese sticks with 2 tablespoons of marinara sauce, and hard boiled eggs with sriracha.

ETA - I keep all these in a lunch bag in my desk with an ice pack. Always fresh and easy!
  • GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    almonds, cheese, and fat free regular or greek yogurt are go to snacks. (I prefer the greek yogurt because of the extra protein)
  • PrettyPearl88
    PrettyPearl88 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites is an apple or banana with 2 tablespoons of peanut butter. To me, it's EXTREMELY filling for only 250-300 calories.
  • sunshinekind919
    sunshinekind919 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I swear by baby carrots. They aren't the most exciting snack, but they're great to "keep your mouth busy" and low calorie. They take awhile to eat too.
  • txjg
    txjg Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    they are little cheddar crackers shaped like a fish
  • Yatashie
    Yatashie Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin seeds! Super filling. 170 cals, 9g of protein.
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Almonds are my favorite snack! I used to get the 100 calorie bags of dark cocoa roasted, but I recently found blueberry, strawberry, and raspberry roasted ones. 24 almonds for 160 calories and the healthy fats help keep me full :) I also love eating apple slices with peanut butter, or a peanut butter and banana wrap.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    What on earth is Goldfish? Please don't tell me it is a fish :-s

You see kids munching on them all the time. Cheddar cheese flavored crackers. Basically, cheese, oil, water, salt and a leavener.
  • Shaunte86
    Shaunte86 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    My favorite low cal snack is Healthy Pop Kettle Corn Light...its only 110 calories for the entire bag, which is about 5 cups!
  • Bekebab
    Bekebab Posts: 18
    Options
    Oatmeal cookies!! Just find a recipe that you like online (I use the Harcombe Recipe for this one!) Uses porridge oats so it's cheap and low in calories ((: You can add raisins if you want, but I prefer not to (: xo
  • purple4sure05
    purple4sure05 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    animal crackers
    natural cheetos
    baby carrots
  • mclark1124
    mclark1124 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Try microwave popcorn, light butter. 4 cups is under 100 calories!
  • bad_hair_bear
    Options
    Carrot sticks + a small pot of low fat cream cheese for dipping. Tends to be my mid-afternoon snack - 100g carrots, 50g cream cheese, 130cals.

A hard-boiled egg or two would be great too, nice and filling, but not a lot to keep your hands busy (unless you shell them at your desk, which can get you funny looks from co-workers..) - around 180cals, depending on the size of eggs.

A handful of olives in a small tupperware box, and a cocktail stick to spear them with - around 130cals for 100g.
  • geekette411
    geekette411 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Dill pickles and V8. Yum!
  • KissesHugs2
    KissesHugs2 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I like ot munch on Turkey Pepperoni from time to time. It would take a mountain to get to 300 cal, and by that point you'd have eaten so much protein you'd be stuffed.

Love this idea!
  • Tewsy87
    Tewsy87 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Popcorn is my go-to. Or rice cakes.
  • jody664
    jody664 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I tend to snack all day at work. My go-to snacks are:

Almonds (or cashews)
    String cheese
    Turkey pepperoni
    Protein bars (I know.....a lot of chemical fillers but it keeps me from eating Snicker's bars and it has like 20g of protein and 200 calories)
    Apples
    Bananas
    Peanut butter
    Baby carrots
    Cucumbers