Replies

• jreese5226
    jreese5226 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Absolutely marvelous!
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    i'm not at my goal yet but looking at pictures like you did and SEEING the changes in color/black&white helps make it real and exciting again....it totally understand what you are feeling and i still have a little work to do...BUT when this becomes your life as it is now and you dont have something new and exciting around the corner it does get a bit stale....maybe sign up for a new/fun event - bike ride for charity, walk for charity, color run, 1/2 marathon...something else to measure your amazing accomplishment of getting this body and THIS LIFE you so desperately wanted before....being happy where you are now isnt a bad thing but i do understand what you mean about being complacent...you need to find a challenge that doesnt involve weight but more about FITNESS....just my two cents....congrats on all you have accomplished so far and i wish you the best of luck making this new and improved life all that it should be....

ps - sending a friends request :)
  • cdcooper321
    cdcooper321 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    What a GREAT post! & Inspiring! Always remember how you were, and be proud of how far you've come. GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!!
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    You have no idea how much I needed to see this post today. I am fighting tears at the moment because the last two days I have been in turmoil over everything to do with this transformation. Am I making the right food choices? Am I exercising enough/to much? I am bloated omg did I gain weight? EVERYTHING has been stressing me out. SO yes I needed to see this post today because it reminds me that I am doing this for a healthier, happier life for my family and I and that while I will not always look at this transformation as AMAZING I will look at it for what it has given me back. And what matters most is I will be able to look in the mirror or the pictures I will be taking with my kids and see not only how far I have come but the memories we have made. Right now I can't say I have that. I have so few pictures of us together and even less of myself. So thank you for reminding me that there is an ultimate goal that has nothing to do with the wow factor in the mirror and everything to do with the wow factor that is my life. :flowerforyou:
  • melsy21
    melsy21 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Love it! You're amazing!
  • AnnaMarieDinVa
    AnnaMarieDinVa Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!! I needed the inspiration. :smile:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    What's good about the novelty wearing off though? My son won't remember his mom as tired and obese. He'll remember me as the one who takes him on hikes, who happily wears a bathing suit to swim in Lake Harriet with him, who is always up for a challenge, who NEVER says no to having a photo taken with him (how sad that I don't have a Mother's Day pic from 2011...).

Though I kind of miss the "wow, you look amazing!" comments I'm so grateful my son will grow up in a home where healthy food and attitudes and summers of camping and kayaking and adventure are the norm, so he will hopefully carry that with him for his whole life and give this gift to his own children some day.

I'm down 133 pounds and, though it's trite, I've gained so much more. I'm not going back, that's for certain.

(if you'd like to read more about me and my weight loss, check out my blog: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/ShannonMpls )

^this, hang on to this. You look great, who cares if you get compliments all the time anymore, did you do this to be a better person/mother/woman/wife or for the attention? I already know the answer it was clear by your writing, let go of that other stuff, it's transient and only topical anyway. It would have gotten tiring hearing it anyway. Now you can just hear regular everyday, "you're beautiful" unqualified by "pretty face" or any other detractions. It's great no one at work knows how you were before. I wish I hadn't met any of the people I will know once the weight is gone, but I will. They might be on the edge of their seat waiting for me to revert back, or "fail", and I don't need that bad mojo. Neither do you. See, in my case I'm naturally thin, always was, but for these people who just met me this year I will always for the next decade be known to them as the overweight person who lost a bunch of weight. That will be what I am to them. I would have prefered they just know me for me, but this is how it is, I can't change it, so I think you are really lucky, because I honestly beleive this thin person you've become is who you always were and it's nice people will only know you that way and be free to get to know and relate to you just as a regular person, not someone who has overcome so much. Let them underestimate you, it gives you the power to at any time as a surprise when necessary, show what a bada$$ you truly are. They'll never see you coming! :flowerforyou:
  • jeansuza
    jeansuza Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Wow! I admire your spirit through it all! Thanks for sharing. I find your blogs so inspiring that I wonder if you would allow me to keep some parts of them on my own blog as a reminder. I will write your name for the quotes of course... Look at it and if you are not pleased, tell me and I will erase it.
    I lost 124 pounds so far and still got a lot to lose. I want to be ready when time comes to be on maintenance because I know first hand that it is the most difficult part of the journey. You are giving me hope that this can be done...
    Sincerely,
    Suzanne
  • acidosaur
    acidosaur Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    This is one of the most inspiring posts I've ever read here....wow. Well done.
  • Kpablo
    Kpablo Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Reading this made me teary eyed. Made me a little scared maybe the same way empty nesters are scared of their children leaving.

However, the same reason you did it for your son I'm doing it for my daughter.
  • shawnmaire74
    shawnmaire74 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    You are so inspiring and your posts/blogs are so well written. Thanks for sharing.
  • joyblaylock
    joyblaylock Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I read lots of success stories but have never responded--this is simply a great testimony to health! Thank you for sharing your journey and your joy.
  • ThereseIShere
    ThereseIShere Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Well, if it helps. Your story brought me to tears especially the part about your kid growing up with a "healthy active mom" as I know that is where I will be soon and already am there really just not the "picture" of it and not ready to wear a bathing suit only. I hope you never lose the novelty and the blessing you obtained and it is burned deeply inside your soul so you live grateful each day you wake up fit and confident and full of energy. You have changed the tide for your kids and that is SO HUGE. If you had been "naturally thin", you may not have given them that active mom experience, but just a skinny couch sitting mom, but because you had to fight for it, your kids have better than they would have otherwise. Fantastic accomplishment!
  • Diamond05
    Diamond05 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work you achieved! Congrats
  • Tiff050709
    Tiff050709 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I look forward to the day that it's no longer a big deal lol. You did a great job and it really is wonderful.
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for all your kind words, support, and suggestions!
  • Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    You are my inspiration and proof that it can be done! I can't wait to do a topic like this one day! So glad we are friends! XOXO
  • Cacoates90
    Cacoates90 Posts: 62
    Options
    You really look amazing, your son is so lucky to have you as his mother.
  • mandeenicoleb
    mandeenicoleb Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Definitely motivating! You look great!!!!!
  • sasbw27
    sasbw27 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    Kudos to you! :drinker: Fantastic job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!