Warning question might make you blush about male crotch fat

Options
Gabrielm80
Gabrielm80 Posts: 1,458 Member
I almost don't want to post this but we are all adults here, so here it is. How do you loss the the triangular shaped area of fat right above the penis that is bellow the belly area. There seem to be no muscle wirk out there to help firm it that i know of. Would increased sexual activity help? Has anyone after lossing a few inches in there belly gone through this. How long until that area of fat went away, or is that a constant issue. I know you can't target fat so any calorie burn can burn any area of fat. There has to be some sort of muscle in that region so there has to be some sort of exercise to firm the muscle there. I am even open to less othridox physical activity if you have some for adult ears only tantric style activity to suggest. Being happily married my options are wide open.

Replies

• Annerk1
    Annerk1 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    The best option is to lose weight all over. As you shed fat everywhere else, you'll shed it there.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Just keep losing fat. I'm assuming that area ranks right up there with belly fat which is usually the last to go.
  • Gabrielm80
    Options
    I know the fat part will have to be over all over time. But there is no firming exercising for the muscle there?
  • Ralphrabbit
    Ralphrabbit Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I still have a significant problem there (without penis!) in proportion to the rest of me but finding that pelvic floor exercises are helping a bit......
    I know you are male but you still have a pelvic floor right?
  • kirk_clawson
    kirk_clawson Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I know the fat part will have to be over all over time. But there is no firming exercising for the muscle there?

I would consider that part of the lower abdomen, hence crunches and other abdominal exercises would seem to be an appropriate exercise. Of course, firming that up won't do much until the layer of fat gets reduced.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

you have muscles right above your penis? that's gonna make for some awkward conversations down the line.

just keep losing weight. the fat will stop covering your musclecrotch eventually.
  • iggyboo93
    iggyboo93 Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    More whoopy with the lovely wife. :smile:
  • Gabrielm80
    Options

you have muscles right about your penis? that's gonna make for some awkward conversations down the line.

just keep losing weight. the fat will stop covering your musclecrotch soon eventually.
    Wrong area the area above the crotch not the crotch
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    The overhang is not muscle, it's fat so you cannot 'firm' it. As others have said, just keep losing the weight and it will come off eventually.
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    its the transversus abdominis muscle... normal crunches dont really target it much... you want to do stomach vacuums..

some tips

it should feel like your trying to suck your balls UP AND INTO your body while sucking into your upper abdominals as well.. try and flex the TVA actively during the vacuum.. dont exaggerate the flex or you'll more than likely end up recruiting other abdominal muscles more and losing focus on the TVA.

as others have said.. overall body fat is what will change appearance... strengthening your TVA may make the area look even larger... also, strengthening your TVA wont make it look any firmer....
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Here are links to a few videos introducing kegels for men.

http://www.ThirdLegReviews.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_zYbfdhCXg

I don't know if it really works or not, but good luck! :flowerforyou:

Also, don't stress the crotch fat too much..as long as your junk is working properly and your wife is satisfied it's all good. As you continue losing weight, that area should slim up as well.
  • GenF32
    GenF32 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Some women have that too. It's called a Gunt. In your case... a Gick?

And I agree with the others to be patient.
  • Minerva624
    Minerva624 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mao5p1xEZq1r40nm3.gif
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Couldnt hurt lol but you will do best working out and eating right
  • jamiek917
    jamiek917 Posts: 610 Member
    Options

Gunt? never heard of that one. I called it a FUPA (Fat Upper *%$#& Area)
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,939 Member
    Options

I see what you did there:bigsmile: but the word is FUPA
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,324 Member
    Options
    You kept saying it yourself, but you're NOT LISTENING to yourself! There is NO WAY on EARTH TO SPOT-REDUCE FAT! PERIOD. End of story. Even IF you are able to tighten and tone the underlying muscles, you will still have the exact same amount of fat on top of those muscles if you don't eat and exercise to lower your OVERALL bodyfat percentage.

I repeat, you cannot target fat loss to any specific area.
  • julialdr
    julialdr Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Gunt = Gut + C*nt
  • jamiek917
    jamiek917 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Gunt = Gut + C*nt

ahhh. Brilliant. i still prefer FUPA tho ;-)
  • GenF32
    GenF32 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Gunt = Gut + C*nt

ahhh. Brilliant. i still prefer FUPA tho ;-)

Oooh I've never heard of FUPA! Well there you go - I love how I learn something new every day on MFP ;-)