Warning question might make you blush about male crotch fat

Options

Replies

• holliejennings
    Options
    What I recommend is to lay on your back with your legs straight, lift your legs up and down keeping them straight. They shouldn't be touching the floor. This will help your lower abdominals.
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,939 Member
    Options
    Gunt = Gut + C*nt

ahhh. Brilliant. i still prefer FUPA tho ;-)

Oooh I've never heard of FUPA! Well there you go - I love how I learn something new every day on MFP ;-)

same here.. back dimples,box gaps (which used to be thigh gaps a few days ago),cleaveland steamers what not!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Gunt = Gut + C*nt

Oooh I've never heard of FUPA! Well there you go - I love how I learn something new every day on MFP ;-)

love it! every day's a school day!!!!
  • jamiek917
    jamiek917 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Gunt = Gut + C*nt

same here.. back dimples,box gaps (which used to be thigh gaps a few days ago),cleaveland steamers what not!

thigh gaps- my friend calls them "field goal legs" HAHA
  • Lumen1505
    Lumen1505 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    pilates is great for your overall core area which I think (but am not sure) the area you are referring to is. :wink:
  • fatboi79
    fatboi79 Posts: 4
    Options
    Personally from my own experience that section of fat burns after all the belly fat and love handles are gone. Probably need to get down to about 12%-10% bodyfat.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I know the fat part will have to be over all over time. But there is no firming exercising for the muscle there?
    It's impossible to spot reduce. It'll come off as the rest of the fat does.

ETA: other than surgery
  • harehartley
    Options
    try a firming lotion all over it can help with stretch marks and stuff like that. but i believe that smile that most of us get with age never goes away. its all fat so eventually it will not look so bad.
  • Shr3dded
    Shr3dded Posts: 232
    Options
    First, Lose the body fat, and to tone. Hanging Leg Raises & Single-arm Dumbbell Swing
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    You lose fat anywhere on your body by simply losing fat.

Unfortunately, you can't decide where to lose it from, or in what order...so the answer is to be patient and just keep losing fat until you're as lean as you'd like to be.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    I know the fat part will have to be over all over time. But there is no firming exercising for the muscle there?

Of course there are.
    But I honestly think you should focus on basic exercises that have more of an overall effect than specific muscle groups. Just a better use of time.

If you want to work your abdominal wall, specifically the lower part of the rectus abdominis, I would recommend overhead presses or burpees. Either will give you more than just value to your abs.

However, if you do want to focus in anatomical specific work I would suggest reading this page, it is pretty damn good: http://lyndseydesjardins.com/functional-anatomy-part-6-abdominal-muscles/
    The rest of his site is excellent.

Planks and hanging leg lifts (Captain's chair) will strengthen the area and help somewhat in bringing things in - you aren't spot reducing, just tightening the area a bit.

My gut is the last to go, so I know how annoying the area can be.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Some women have that too. It's called a Gunt. In your case... a Gick?

And I agree with the others to be patient.

Gunt? never heard of that one. I called it a FUPA (Fat Upper *%$#& Area)

I usually say FUPA, but the best one ever for the female is the "Vagomach" Maybe for a guy it could be called "Penomach?" Either way, seriously, you can't "tone" that area. Just keep doing what you are doing. Lose fat. It'll go away. Promise.
  • _Wild_Card_
    _Wild_Card_ Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    that fat went away quick, it was the first place i noticed and my junk looks way bigger since it did.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    that fat went away quick, it was the first place i noticed and my junk looks way bigger since it did.

Good for you dude! :)
  • thecakelocker
    thecakelocker Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Try tricep d*ckbacks with a soup can to tone
  • karrielynn80
    karrielynn80 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    No you can not spot reduce fat. Yes you can build up the lower abdominal muscles WHILE you reduce fat.

i am a female,mind you, but of course the pooch (the lower stomach) - although problem area does not got that low - has been the bain of my existance. i am currently at 13% bf and it's still not as chiseled as id like. I have given up regular crunches & upper ab focused workouts in general - my upper abs are easily targetted by most every compound lift i do, if my form is up to par. it's also hit for the same reason when i do any resistance type training. if i ever do specified ab days, or workouts i focus on leg lifts, leg raises, v ups, etc, lower ab targetted stuff.

everyone always focuses on the fact that you can't spot reduce fat - no one ever focuses on the fact that you CAN spot build muscle... it's just almost pointless if you are not doing both.
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    Is this the male version of girls trying to spot reduce for a thigh gap? :laugh:
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    First, Lose the body fat, and to tone. Hanging Leg Raises & Single-arm Dumbbell Swing

Or you could just hide your trouble area with a protein canister.

42182858_4926.jpg
  • GenF32
    GenF32 Posts: 184 Member
    Options

Or you could just hide your trouble area with a protein canister.

42182858_4926.jpg

ROFL
  • madjitters
    madjitters Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Make an appointment with your healthcare provider, board-certified dermatologist, or board-certified plastic surgeon for a consultation about the matter. They have multiple options to improve to look of fat in that area such as Coolscalpt, lasers, non-evasive, and evasive procedures. I have the same condition and I am 12% body fat so genetically some of us keep fat in that area.