How many of your MFP friends are IRL friends?

Options

Replies

• Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Well all of them are IRL friends.. but as for people who I physically see all the time... ZERO.

There is one on my list that lives in the same city as me and one day I will meet her.... and I am meeting 2 others this summer, but I do not want anyone else from my "real life" on my MFP.

Why? Because well... where else would I go to b!tch about them?
  • Cutemisscoco
    Options
    Right now 3 of my MFP friends are my IRL friends/family, and like 5 more are close (long distance) friends, I have no problems adding anyone I know as a friend.
  • barbaratrollman
    barbaratrollman Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I only have 9 MFP friends and 5 of those are my friends IRL. :) One of them is my trainer, who insisted I join and keep a diary of all my food intake. It was great advice!
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    I've had Rhonda's face buried in my cleavage. This is all that matters.

I've seen your underwear. That matters b!tch.

BUT her boobs are so luscious!!

They ARE special snowflakes :)

They're mine?!!?!? Excellent!
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    How many did I know prior to MFP? None. However, I consider most of them "IRL friends" since this place is part of my daily routine and life. I have met 3 of them outside of MFP, all wonderful, and I hope to meet several more.
  • sozisraw
    sozisraw Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Four RLF on here, best mate and neighbours who I recommended this to! And someone special
    who was already on here!
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options
    I had a few, but deleted them becasue they nevere interacted. Same rules for everyone else. I really don't differentiate. I have friends on here that I am closer with than I am with anyone I have ever met. This is just one part of IRL to me.
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    When you say IRL life...I don't ge tit. I chat with my MFP friends while I'm awake. The IRL people, I don't associate with them nearly as much.

So to me, MFP is IRL. I don't feel a need to be a different person on here versus "IRL". So what if I told that lady at the fruit stand "would bang". Shock factor has its benefits.

Then YOU have NO real concept of FRIEND...Like Many of these people these days who really think they can "Be in Love" with someone they have NEVER met, that's an Emotionally Immature person. But that is where "we" are headed these days, the "Manti Teo" effect, but even he had to awaken and get an IRL girl...or do you also believe that "cyber sex" is real, if so I guess you can make a cyber baby and have a cyber family. DUDE Please!!!
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I think 9. But I have developed awesome friendships with some that I haven't met in person yet. We talk here and on Facebook... and I'd love to meet them in person :) Got a Christmas card from one too...

Friends are friends.
  • super_J73
    super_J73 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I've met a few IRL, I'm very close to two of them :-)
  • Curleycue0314
    Curleycue0314 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    None :( But working on connecting with People in the STL!
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    When you say IRL life...I don't ge tit. I chat with my MFP friends while I'm awake. The IRL people, I don't associate with them nearly as much.

So to me, MFP is IRL. I don't feel a need to be a different person on here versus "IRL". So what if I told that lady at the fruit stand "would bang". Shock factor has its benefits.

Then YOU have NO real concept of FRIEND...Like Many of these people these days who really think they can "Be in Love" with someone they have NEVER met, that's an Emotionally Immature person. But that is where "we" are headed these days, the "Manti Teo" effect, but even he had to awaken and get an IRL girl...or do you also believe that "cyber sex" is real, if so I guess you can make a cyber baby and have a cyber family. DUDE Please!!!

Really because i can tell you right now if I needed one of these people on here they would be here well before any one I consider my friend off the computer - no jokes.

I went through a cancer scare not even 6 months ago and the ONLY people that stood by me were my "imaginary friends" you know the ones that live inside my computer, my real life friends all stopped talking to me like I was contagious. So I think that virtual friends are just as much real life as the ones that live down the street from me, and in some ways they are more friends to me than the ones I have known for years.

Are there people who lie? Sure there are and I have met quite a few in my life on the internet (15 years) but there are some really genuine people out there - I have met quite a few of those in my life on the internet as well. I have been in love with someone I never met, and guess what? When we met we fell deeper in love he moved here from a different Province and the only reason we didn't stay together was because I was not willing to leave Canada and he was going to TN. So I think the emotionally stunted person here is you. You need to wake up and realize its not 1970 anymore and you can make and keep life long friends on the internet. Just because they are thousands of miles away doesn't mean you won't ever meet them either - you want it bad enough you will find a way to do it.
  • eazy_
    eazy_ Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    just 1
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    2 of 62 I've met in person. If I'd met the rest, I can promise there'd be some cold beer and diaries in the red!
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options

Well aren't you a ray of ****ing sunshine.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options

Bitter much?

l.jpg
  • nitole111
    nitole111 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I don't have friends on here or in real life. Hahaha :laugh:
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,315 Member
    Options
    That's classified information. Do you have clearance? :bigsmile:
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    dont know anyone from Mfp in real life
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Wait Wait Wait!!! Hold the presses!! Cyber-sex isn't REAL? It can't be... Cause I've got this positive stick in my hand and it's going to want answers.