Insanity... has anyone done it?

Options
124»

Replies

• ashleachrysafis
    Options
    MFP sets your macronutrients (carbs, protein and fat) so that you have a goal % to reach each day. I tweaked mine according to the Insanity nutrition guide to get more protein and less carbs for optimal results. I also eat very clean (very little processed foods-no crackers, cereal, granola bars, etc). Does that help a little bit? :)

Ahh okay. I don't have the nutritional bit for it just the discs :(. So it's cutting carbs adding protein.... I have starting making my own muesli with oats, mixed nuts, dried fruit and seeds which I have every day with almond milk. Is that a no no?? Sorry, just really interested and obviously would love good results x
  • lisididi
    lisididi Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You should totally do it! I am doing it right now , starting month 2 on monday. I am a P90X girl but insanity is the best to burn the post baby fat in stubborn areas. I have a picture of myself though 2 months pregnant in my usual P 90X body on my profile. I rely totally on Insanity now to get rid of a lingering 10-15 lbs after my fourth baby....IT IS WORTH IT!! trust me :wink:
  • missmonika27
    Options
    Starting recovery next week! I loved the first month and have lost 12 lbs so far ( i started changing my diet and doing baby workouts 2 weeks before starting the insanity workouts).

BUT I can honestly say I am not looking forward to month 2 : you have to do all the max interval workouts, but the thing is they are all LONGER than the 40 minute workouts from month one. I am not a fan of 60 minute workouts the 40 minute ones where ideal.
    I am just going to put up with month 2 for the sake of the program.

CAn't WAIT to start Asylum tho!! the workouts are 40mins-ish (one is 45) and you go really hardcore.
    Also T25 is supposed to come out soon - that one is 25 mins workouts none stop 5 times a week ** SO EXCITED FOR THIS! I am getting it as soon as I finish asylum (should be in july/august).
  • ashleachrysafis
    Options
    What do you guys put it in your exercise diary as on here?
  • sherrifoster123
    sherrifoster123 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I started it about 3 weeks ago and it was SO hard. I didn't think I could do it, but I've still doing it. I'm going about 5-6 days a week. I have gotten so much better at it and I actually kinda look forward to doing it. I do not enjoy that it is somewhat predictable and monotonous, but I like how I feel a couple hours after I'm done. I haven't noticed much change on the scale, but I can definitely see a change in the mirror. I am using MFP to count calories and that helps a lot. The Insanity calorie amount said I need 1900 calories a day. That's way to high for me, so I'm eating about 1400-1500. I gained a couple pounds the first week, then the second week lost those 2 lbs and I've lost another 2 lbs. So I've only lost about 2 lbs according to my scale, but I'm trying not to look at that. I can tell in the mirror and measurements. I feel so much better, too. I'm not looking foward to the longer workouts though. I like 40 mins...perfect amount of time for me.
  • sherrifoster123
    Options
    What do you guys put it in your exercise diary as on here?

I usually put calisthenics with vigorous effort.
  • ashleachrysafis
    Options
    Think I can safely say. What was I thinking! Fit test only and I'm dreading day one tomorrow lol!
  • hollieiow
    hollieiow Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    ohh i wanna buy insanity but its so expensive :(
  • ashleachrysafis
    Options

Can you borrow it from someone? X
  • sherrifoster123
    Options

I bought it used off Amazon for $69.
  • presidentori
    presidentori Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I just started Day 1 today, and man, can it kick my butt or what?! I'm determined to continue and find motivation here. I've always just logged onto my phone app to log in my calorie count, but I think it would be great to have some friends who are also supporting you through the same journey! :) Anyone? Friend me!