When your family didnt say anything...

Options
2»

Replies

• pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    How can someone not know they are overweight?

DENIAL.

It's an easy thing to do. I didn't realize I was overweight till I saw that photo that started me here, very next day I was working out & eating right. Till that point I just saw myself as a skinny girl (despite being 95kg) and my mind took over. It's not hard to put yourself into that frame of mind & stay there.
  • tnsumner
    tnsumner Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I think it's even harder when you lose all the weight you put on and they still don't say anything. Not a single "Good job" or "You look great" or "You've worked so hard." Nothing.
  • twinkiemon
    twinkiemon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    My mom wouldn't shut up about my weight - so, no, I wish actually she'd said nothing about it because it was nonstop and I'd hide food and eat and every time she said something it just made me want to eat more.

My dad and brother never said much but they're overweight too so it's not like they have room to talk.
  • Maris_Swan
    Maris_Swan Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    My Mom was just straight up worried about me, would really tell me she feared for my life (which at the time I was like "oh my god, stop being so dramatic!" when it reality I could have dropped dead at 374lbs). I think I knew I was in dire straits with my health but I was in denial for a long, long time.