Breast questions for the Ladies

Options
Flab2fitfi
Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
i know many of us have experienced a reduction in breast size but in my case they seem to be getting bigger and firmer.

I'm doing lots of upper body workouts including kettle bells and weight so muscle tone may account for some of this although breast tissue is mainly fat.

It might be down to the fact that I'm losing weight in the surrounding area so they just appear to be bigger but I'm not the only one who has commented

TBH I'm quite happy about it although does seem strange and was wondering if anyone else was experiencing this.

Replies

• redhead1910
    redhead1910 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Can't relate unfortunately. I went from a 36DD to a 32B and mine are saggy and sad. :(
  • HotCuppaJo
    HotCuppaJo Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Can't relate unfortunately. I went from a 36DD to a 32B and mine are saggy and sad. :(

Sadly, I'm with her. (Well, now that I'm gaining back some weight, they are getting bigger again, but they're still saggy and sad. LOL) You're one of the few lucky ones! I'm jealous! :flowerforyou:
  • JAEGAmom
    JAEGAmom Posts: 39
    Options
    I haven't measured, but I think that's where I'm losing first! Ugh... Just makes the rest of my body look bigger! But, you have lost more than I have! Currently, I am wearing a 42G, so smaller would be great, as long as the rest of my body changes in proportion with them!!! Good for you though! Maybe once I get closer to my goal, mine will do the same??? Sorry I wasn't of more help on this topic...
  • Bajiggity
    Bajiggity Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Haven't lost anything in them, in fact they look bgiger as my waist gets smaller.
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Haven't lost anything in them, in fact they look bgiger as my waist gets smaller.

^^This
  • PeanutButterLuver
    Options
    I never loose weight of the girls. My waist gets smaller & the D cups look better.
    Probably not as saggy. Lol
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    You probably are just developing the muscle underneath.
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options

I have the same problem. I keep losing band size but the cup size hasn't budged. I started off as a 42DDD/E to 38DDD/E
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options

This. As you strngthen the chest wall and pec muscles under the girls they will look more perky and appear firmer. You can't "firm" up fat/breast tissue. Just the muscle underneath.
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    Yup!!
    Nice to know I'm not alone!!

Either they got bigger, or I have been wearing the wrong bra size for like 2 years.... haha

I was wearing a 36C/34D, and now I'm at a 34-36D.
    I thought I would go down in size like everyone keeps saying and got all these cute bras at 36C and they are all too small!! :angry:

ETA: I was 207 when I started eating healthier. I was 175 when I started MFP. Still have the same bras, but now they look small.....
  • auria17
    auria17 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    lol, this does tend to happen to me, when you work the peck muscle underneath they get firmer and higher, and as your waist goes down it makes them look bigger, probably why we are all going for the hour glass shape. Good friends always seem to ask me if I went for a boob job, like I have the money or time to do that..lol
  • SieSie76
    SieSie76 Posts: 60
    Options
    Mine have gotten smaller and sadly, are also starting to sag. My hope is that if I do some more chest exercise, they'll get just a little firmer.

Honestly though, I kind of WANT a smaller top and a stronger, thicker bottom. - A -' I want to work my bum and leg muscles!!

Am I strange? O.o'
  • xstarxdustx
    xstarxdustx Posts: 591 Member
    Options

This. As you strngthen the chest wall and pec muscles under the girls they will look more perky and appear firmer. You can't "firm" up fat/breast tissue. Just the muscle underneath.

^ Makes sense.
  • bertabird
    bertabird Posts: 52
    Options
    When I started losing weight I was ticked cuz I lost weight in my face and in the girls. Then I started lifting. I started at a 56D. Even though I lost some of the girls in the beginning, they are now bigger. I am now wearing a 40DD. I asked a fellow lifter if she experienced anything like that. She said that since I am lifting (even just for toning), the muscles under the girls is bigger and stronger, holding them firmer and making them seem bigger. Don't get me wrong, my girls still sag a bit, but not as much as before. I have to wear shirts/blouses 1 size bigger because of it. THAT kinda bums me out.
  • kylaenslow
    kylaenslow Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    My cup size hasn't changed, I am still a D/DD. However my band size has gone from 42 to 38. I think mine look a bit bigger just due to the fact that my waist is smaller now and I walk tall and proud now!! :)
  • hungrywhodat
    hungrywhodat Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure you're pregnant
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure you're pregnant

lol I'll be sueing my hubbies doc then.

Glad I'm not the only one then - look like more kettle bells then.
  • Elphaba91
    Elphaba91 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thankfully my Gs are now Es!!! I would say you're probably developing muscle around/underneath the breast, as opposed to losing fat from them.
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Initially they got smaller, but in the past 2 weeks they feel bigger, and I think I may even need knew bras :|
    But I haven't gained weight/fat, I actually feel a little leaner lately, so it can't be weight gain.
    I'm assuming its the weight lifting, pushing them up or something? I don't really mind, they look great :wink:
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options

^ Makes sense.

HMM!