Some of you are just plain RUDE

Options

Replies

• morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    what's wrong with her writing in caps?

Writing in all caps over the internet implies yelling. It is generally considered rude on internet forums.
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Oh crap, I just got here, sorry I'm late. Did I miss anything? Who brought popcorn?
    :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

Plenty to go around
    Popcorn!.gif
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    You do realize that telling people how to behave is rude, right?
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    worry about you
  • michelefrench
    michelefrench Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    bbgif.gif

I don't know what's going on here but I am so glad that this gif has come into my life.

me too...me too!! I'm attracted and repulsed at the same time...what does that mean???
    It means you have a fetish.

ruh roh....not another one....:laugh: :tongue: :blushing:
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Would anyone like some?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTqQCbPiRDMUU7yIIrr5YHp3c_jQQmt_qIxtulGHhbNBIV8jKFzoQ
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    This is not fitness "school" .

Wait, so I won't get an "A" for doing those special "extra credit" squats like that guy I met on the internet said?

Oh. Those squats and deadlifts will get you a nice round A
  • sexymuffintop
    sexymuffintop Posts: 636
    Options
    Oh look another 'People are so horrible on MFP' thread. Just what we needed. That will save the day and make everyone fart rainbows and make the world pink and fluffy. Awesomeness restored. Right on OP!!
  • HotCuppaJo
    HotCuppaJo Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Oh crap, I just got here, sorry I'm late. Did I miss anything? Who brought popcorn?

No popcorn yet, but someone did mention having a sammich.

I do love me a good sammich.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    OMG I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH YOU 150%!!!!!! PEOPLE ARE RUDE AND ALOT OF US DONT UNDERSTAND WHAT ALL OF THESE FANCY TERMS MEANS AND HOW MANY CALORIES WE SHOULD BE USING! I HAD TO DELETE A LADY WHO WAS VERY RUDE TO ME BECAUSE SHE COULDNT UNDERSTAND WHY I WAS VENTING. I DONT LIKE IGNORANCE

You might want to investigate the meaning of the word "ignorance".
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    Your post is condescending and rude.

your stick figure is sticky.

450swyu45yu3.gif

oooo.... officially creeped out now....

Me too!! Holy hell that is freaky looking!!!

Agreed.. I think this might just give me nightmares...

This is awful...I mean, really creepy, gave me the willies, and disturbed me something awful....Wow...

Is it mean to post something like that? :bigsmile:
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    You do realize that telling people how to behave is rude, right?
    worry about you
    tumblr_mdjju3LvSZ1qfyepx.gif

P.S. This was a joke. Apparently we need to clarify that on the forums or people get upset.
  • laccy40
    laccy40 Posts: 136
    Options
    Some of you are just plain RUDE....but a lot of others need to get a sense of humour!

Late to the party but enjoyed the read:drinker:
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lxjlw4AnIX1rn1xxfo1_250.gif
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options

No popcorn yet, but someone did mention having a sammich.

I have bacon.

YnqOTl.jpg
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options

EVERYONE IS HERE FOR THE SAME REASON....!

Mmmm. Nope. Not everyone is here for the same reason. Some are here for help and support. Some are here to help. Some are here for the GIFs. Some are here just to track calories in and out. Some are here for the social aspect. Some are here to bulk and cut. Some are here to trim down. Some are here to improve strength and "bulk up". Some are here to improve their CV fitness.

Everybody has their own reason for being here. Why does everyone always say that we are all here for the same reason?

:noway:
  • freebirdjones
    freebirdjones Posts: 237
    Options
    But calling people a prick isn't rude AT ALL.

Yes, sometimes people are meanie mean heads on the forums. And SOMETIMES they are offering up truths that people don't want to hear. And then they get labeled as bullies.

There are some who post on here wanting validation of THEIR OWN OPINIONS, not real answers. And the people who frequent the forums, the ones who have read it, seen it, done it, and respond to it do get tired of repeating themselves. It's a fine line.

But I can assure you that your post will do nothing but go downhill from here.

Oh and :flowerforyou:

Well said.

It may be out there, but I have never seen bullying in the forums. I have seen rude responses, but not really as many as some people claim. What I do see a lot of is the seasoned veterans of MFP not sugar coating answers to questions. They're going to tell it like it is and will not tell someone that it's just hunky dory to eat 800 calories a day and do 3 hours of cardio. It is thanks to those very direct and honest answers that I upped my calories from 1200 and integrated weights into my workout routine. This has resulted in my husband telling me that I look better now than I did in our wedding pictures 6 years ago and 20 pounds less than my current weight.

People need to realize that everyone on here has a different personality, but it's not the posters responsibility to cater his/her response to everyone because it's impossible to please everyone. It is the reader's responsibility to go into the threads knowing that all types of answers will be given, some of those answers they may not like. If someone goes into a thread expecting to be offended, he/she will be.

exactly everyone is different & also you cant hear voice tone over the net so you may read a statement in one tone when they meant it to sound another way.
    I also got such good info from the members and they do give the same advice all the time, so thanks mfp members for offering to help.
    when I read the rules I read you could not double post on two boards but did not read you should search so there arnt tons of boards with the same info. I have been on here a month and just read it somewhere days ago. So they really are just saying the same thing over just to help.
    & I will also say I think I may come off a bit aggressive sometime just after a hard workout maybe???
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Agree100% this is a site where were all here to get fit. The other day i ran into a 580lbs woman on here who was ranting that everyone on this site is retarded and only being bullied into becoming what magazines tell them to be. She then went on to rant at how the terms overweight and morbidly obease are derogatory and incorrect And how bmi is a way to push people to becoming anorexic. Her rant ended with how shes healthy at 580pounds and we should all feel bad for makin people like her feel overweight. I just don't understand the reason firbpeople like that to come on a fitness site to abuse people who want to be fit. Seems like a waste of time or her trying to justify being morbidly obease. But still unless someones a dr i dont take their advise just because it worked for them. Ive been abused just for asking questions about the diet my DOCTOR game me. People actually abused me because they thought they knew better than my dr. They didnt even answer myvquestion... Just went straight into role eyes where do i start youre a moron i know everything ect mode. Extremely rude. My advice though... Just ignore them. Some people on this site are just bitter and have some serious issues when it comes to abusing. Sorry about the errors and how this is typed. Im using an old iphone3 and am only getting about 1cm of space to see whats beibg typed as i type it . Anywho. If anyone wants support on their journey from a friendly mfp member feel free to add me

If your doctor gave you a diet why are you asking people here questions about it instead of him/her?
  • kittyr77
    kittyr77 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this thread!
    But what's a gif? Well i think i know what it is but is it an acronym or what?
    Forgive my ignorance and please don't be rude to me! :D
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Agree100% this is a site where were all here to get fit. The other day i ran into a 580lbs woman on here who was ranting that everyone on this site is retarded and only being bullied into becoming what magazines tell them to be. She then went on to rant at how the terms overweight and morbidly obease are derogatory and incorrect And how bmi is a way to push people to becoming anorexic. Her rant ended with how shes healthy at 580pounds and we should all feel bad for makin people like her feel overweight. I just don't understand the reason firbpeople like that to come on a fitness site to abuse people who want to be fit. Seems like a waste of time or her trying to justify being morbidly obease. But still unless someones a dr i dont take their advise just because it worked for them. Ive been abused just for asking questions about the diet my DOCTOR game me. People actually abused me because they thought they knew better than my dr. They didnt even answer myvquestion... Just went straight into role eyes where do i start youre a moron i know everything ect mode. Extremely rude. My advice though... Just ignore them. Some people on this site are just bitter and have some serious issues when it comes to abusing. Sorry about the errors and how this is typed. Im using an old iphone3 and am only getting about 1cm of space to see whats beibg typed as i type it . Anywho. If anyone wants support on their journey from a friendly mfp member feel free to add me

tl'dr
This discussion has been closed.