Some of you are just plain RUDE

Options
I have gotten to the point where I don't want to read the forum's anymore because some of you are just RUDE.

What makes you think you can treat someone like they are stupid?

People have legitimate questions that need thoughtful answers. You may have lost 50 pounds and be in the best shape of your life but that does not give you the right to talk down to someone. Where are you manners?? I don't care if this is your 50th time answering the same question. Don't be a prick about it. Some are new to this site and don't want to go through the million pages of topics that are posted. For a lot of people this is there first time trying to get healthy, they may not know that you shouldn't eat less than 1200 calories. You need to APPLAUD them for taking the step to be healthy. If you have some criticism, say it nicely. Don't say things like "you're stupid" or "I did that back when I was a naive idiot" or other sarcastic blows. People come here for support and advice. You can give your advice is a nice way.

Pretty sure this site is for motivation and support. Let's make sure we keep it that way. Keep it classy, people. Keep it classy.

End rant

Replies

• JessicaPasieka
    JessicaPasieka Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, that's the internet for you.
  • MrsBozz1
    MrsBozz1 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I agree 100% :drinker:
  • conidiring
    conidiring Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    And how is this motivation and support?
  • emmalouc93
    emmalouc93 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I agree.

She isn't telling anyone how to behave, she's simply pointing out a well known fact that a minority of people here have no manners.

Simple.
  • CassandraBurgos83
    CassandraBurgos83 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I would just ignore them and keep yourself classy. Positive behavior tends to rub off on people :)
  • closenre
    closenre Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Ok
  • xinit0
    xinit0 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    tl;dr
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    But calling people a prick isn't rude AT ALL.

Yes, sometimes people are meanie mean heads on the forums. And SOMETIMES they are offering up truths that people don't want to hear. And then they get labeled as bullies.

There are some who post on here wanting validation of THEIR OWN OPINIONS, not real answers. And the people who frequent the forums, the ones who have read it, seen it, done it, and respond to it do get tired of repeating themselves. It's a fine line.

But I can assure you that your post will do nothing but go downhill from here.

Oh and :flowerforyou:
  • turkeyhunter60
    turkeyhunter60 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I agree.

She isn't telling anyone how to behave, she's simply pointing out a well known fact that a minority of people here have no manners.

Simple.
    well said. Thanks.
  • thinklivebefree
    thinklivebefree Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    C'est La Vie!
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    <Obligatory gif>

zW1Mzbj.gif
  • OBXbound4me
    OBXbound4me Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    This is sure to end badly...

(goes to get popcorn)
  • AbigailClarke48
    Options
    I agree. I really am discouraged when I see a member telling another member to basically 'suck it up you big baby'. But they are not the majority here. I think some are just 'trolling'. Fact of the internet age - they are everywhere hiding behind their anonymity.
  • BobOki
    BobOki Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Let me introduce you to the "Report Post" button. Remember, policing against trolls and flamers is as much your job as helping the masses. Lets all do our part and when you see trash, report it as trash.
  • amdarosa619
    amdarosa619 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I have gotten to the point where I don't want to read the forum's anymore because some of you are just RUDE.

What makes you think you can treat someone like they are stupid?

People have legitimate questions that need thoughtful answers. You may have lost 50 pounds and be in the best shape of your life but that does not give you the right to talk down to someone. Where are you manners?? I don't care if this is your 50th time answering the same question. Don't be a prick about it. Some are new to this site and don't want to go through the million pages of topics that are posted. For a lot of people this is there first time trying to get healthy, they may not know that you shouldn't eat less than 1200 calories. You need to APPLAUD them for taking the step to be healthy. If you have some criticism, say it nicely. Don't say things like "you're stupid" or "I did that back when I was a naive idiot" or other sarcastic blows. People come here for support and advice. You can give your advice is a nice way.

Pretty sure this site is for motivation and support. Let's make sure we keep it that way. Keep it classy, people. Keep it classy.

End rant

BRAVO! Rude people suck! I'm with you on this one, these forums should be a place to support one another and share knowledge, and I hardly think you are telling people how to behave. Woop Woop!
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    anti-bullying campaign engaged.

tumblr_mmvbkoPKw51rck2c0o1_250.jpg
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    But calling people a prick isn't rude AT ALL.

Yes, sometimes people are meanie mean heads on the forums. And SOMETIMES they are offering up truths that people don't want to hear. And then they get labeled as bullies.

There are some who post on here wanting validation of THEIR OWN OPINIONS, not real answers. And the people who frequent the forums, the ones who have read it, seen it, done it, and respond to it do get tired of repeating themselves. It's a fine line.

But I can assure you that your post will do nothing but go downhill from here.

Oh and :flowerforyou:

I've seen a few go a bit out of their way to "prove a point" and it comes across particularly harsh.

I try not to do that unless it's in the "chit chat" forum...
  • RelativeChaos00
    RelativeChaos00 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I was thinking this exact same thing last night after reading a couple of posts on the forums. Why would you, especially if you've ever been where some of these people are, ever EVER want to discourage them? Encouragement, support, assistance, these are the right tools. Sarcasm and rudeness you can keep to yourselves. They help no one.
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    I agree with everything that Susie just said and want to be able to watch this go down hill.
  • Isakizza
    Isakizza Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I think most people on here are really trying to help. BUT... I do see some rude comments as well.

Those people grow some huge "ONLINE BALLS"... people tend to be all brave behind their screens.
    It's really an easy fix though, just ignore them, don't respond, and move on.

Stay positive people, it's Friday... SMILE!

:happy:
This discussion has been closed.