Some of you are just plain RUDE

Options

Replies

• HikerRR50
    HikerRR50 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I think most people on here are really trying to help. BUT... I do see some rude comments as well.

Those people grow some huge "ONLINE BALLS"... people tend to be all brave behind their screens.
    It's really an easy fix though, just ignore them, don't respond, and move on.

Stay positive people, it's Friday... SMILE!

:happy:
    *agree
  • wineplease
    wineplease Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Yes, there are jerks on here (let's stop pretending there aren't). You can ignore their comments or call them out. I personally give props to those who call out people for being @ssholes. :wink:
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    You think that a random internet stranger has the same standing to criticize your behavior as your mother or your father?

Would you walk up to a random stranger in a restaurant and tell them to put their napkin on their lap or to get their elbows off the table?

If you were in a restaurant and said to everyone within earshot "WAT DO I DO WITH THIS NAKKIN?" then yes, you should expect someone to come over and tell you to put your napkin in your lap - - and possibly even be rude to you.

I see very little unsolicited advice going around the forums.
  • skinnydreams19
    skinnydreams19 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I agree, people can be so mean here. Some think they're being helpful, some feel superior, and some just like talking down to others behind the safety of their computer screens.
  • Hodgenska
    Hodgenska Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have gotten to the point where I don't want to read the forum's anymore because some of you are just RUDE.

What makes you think you can treat someone like they are stupid?

People have legitimate questions that need thoughtful answers. You may have lost 50 pounds and be in the best shape of your life but that does not give you the right to talk down to someone. Where are you manners?? I don't care if this is your 50th time answering the same question. Don't be a prick about it. Some are new to this site and don't want to go through the million pages of topics that are posted. For a lot of people this is there first time trying to get healthy, they may not know that you shouldn't eat less than 1200 calories. You need to APPLAUD them for taking the step to be healthy. If you have some criticism, say it nicely. Don't say things like "you're stupid" or "I did that back when I was a naive idiot" or other sarcastic blows. People come here for support and advice. You can give your advice is a nice way.

Pretty sure this site is for motivation and support. Let's make sure we keep it that way. Keep it classy, people. Keep it classy.

End rant

Thank you!!! People on here are a-holes. Guess they forget what it's like to just start out.
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    anigif_enhanced-buzz-1017-1366239881-13.gif
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Well, no offense to anyone here but I just don't really see the point of this thread. Yes, this is a place where people are aiming to lose weight and support is needed, but you can't control other people and how they'll act. If they want to be rude, then why let it bother you? Why focus on the negative comments? You wanted support right? So then read and focus on the posts that give help and advice.

This maybe be an online society, but it's society none the less. Not everybody in society is friendly and you need to just expect that. Again, no offense but... we all need to be mature here. We've lived in this world long enough to at least know and expect these things to happen. It all depends on how you handle it.

So handle it in the most mature way possible; by not giving a hoot~ :)

:heart: swoon :heart:
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    welcome_internet.jpg
  • larsensue
    larsensue Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I have gotten to the point where I don't want to read the forum's anymore because some of you are just RUDE.

People have legitimate questions that need thoughtful answers. You may have lost 50 pounds and be in the best shape of your life but that does not give you the right to talk down to someone. Where are you manners?? I don't care if this is your 50th time answering the same question. Don't be a prick about it. Some are new to this site and don't want to go through the million pages of topics that are posted. For a lot of people this is there first time trying to get healthy, they may not know that you shouldn't eat less than 1200 calories. You need to APPLAUD them for taking the step to be healthy. If you have some criticism, say it nicely. Don't say things like "you're stupid" or "I did that back when I was a naive idiot" or other sarcastic blows. People come here for support and advice. You can give your advice is a nice way.

Pretty sure this site is for motivation and support. Let's make sure we keep it that way. Keep it classy, people. Keep it classy.

End rant

BRAVO! Rude people suck! I'm with you on this one, these forums should be a place to support one another and share knowledge, and I hardly think you are telling people how to behave. Woop Woop!

with you 100%. Grow up people and start being helpfull instead of Jerks!!
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Your post is condescending and rude.

No kidding. What a terrible generalization.

What people that post these "you so rude" threads fail to realize is that the culture of the Internet and of the microcosm of MFP forums is that is you are doing something silly like a rice water and lemon cleanse for the "toxinz" you are going to get called for it. Not respecting the social laws of this place is rude. Calling out people that speak it straight - well, that's rude.

Edit: There are a few @hole comments but these are rare. And there's a report function. Use it.
  • Katina3333
    Katina3333 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    You do realize that telling people how to behave is rude, right?

Guess our teachers, parents, grand parents and law officials are all rude then. lol

Do you seriously not see how dumb this response is?

Do you seriously not see them as the same? Gosh your parents must be proud! :noway:

You think that a random internet stranger has the same standing to criticize your behavior as your mother or your father?

Would you walk up to a random stranger in a restaurant and tell them to put their napkin on their lap or to get their elbows off the table?

Do you really not see how strangers are held to a different standard than people who are CHARGED WITH raising you and teaching you manners???

I notice you left out police... because they are strangers and btw so are law officials and yet they tell us how to behave.

And actually yes, I have gone up to a complete stranger and told them to stop screaming in a restaurant and ruining everybodies meal. The childs parents were pointing out how the childs behavior had everybody staring at him and yet they did nothing about it. They wanted to embarrass him into behaving properly and when that didn't work, I went over there and told him to knock it off, that it was rude... and you know what, people actually applauded! lol
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Yup. Some people are rude. Get over it.
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options

End rant

Welcome to the internet. You must be new here. Let me show you around. See, over here we have people with opinions. And, over here we have the "log off" button. You're welcome to choose whichever you like. Just remember, there are consequences to both. I hope I've been supportive and you found this tour to be helpful.
  • Junken_Diraffe
    Junken_Diraffe Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I think you should just consider it a win that everyone thus far has been so distracted by your inane drivel that no one has attacked your grammar! That is unheard of 'round these parts.

Congrats! :flowerforyou:
  • Valera0466
    Valera0466 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    You do realize that telling people how to behave is rude, right?

Guess our teachers, parents, grand parents and law officials are all rude then. lol

Do you seriously not see how dumb this response is?

Do you seriously not see that someone in your life failed to teach you proper behavior.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Mean people thread # 543,234
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    tumblr_me5m8hIVWv1rani6a.gif
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options

End rant

You provide no examples.
    Your own tone is quite rude and presumptuous.
    People who urge others to be "classy" seldom are themselves.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    << Planning to spend the rest of the day crying in the corner 'cause you all are so mean! :sad:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    750342yu8sw.gif
This discussion has been closed.