• clobern
    clobern Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    In the famousness of Penny Arcade...

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/03/19/
  • Katina3333
    Katina3333 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Sometimes people need to be called out for their inappropriate behavior, that's why theres rules & laws, because some people just don't know how to govern themselves. Kinda sad. So what if its the 15th time today that somebody asks about TDEE or 1200 cal, why can't they just keep their comments to themselves if they're not going to be helpful to the poster. They really have no business being in the thread if they're not going to be helpful.

Also, topic starters... use the "Search" (in blue) at the top of the forums. Its very helpful.
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    This is not fitness "school" . This is a free website where members are expected to help 'themselves' take control of their own lives.

Whether they receive positive support or negative criticism...this is the real world ( yaay interwebs!) where there are some that have done their own research and some that expect to be spoon fed every step of the way.

I understand why you would be upset...but just consider it to be....MFP tough love????
  • thisdarkpassenger
    thisdarkpassenger Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    You can't win with these people, so don't even try. There are rude people everywhere but here on MFP they seem to be in abundance because they can be rude through a keyboard and think they are a totally badass for doing so. Just makes them look like losers in my eyes.
  • Nsmurphy
    Nsmurphy Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Agreed !! When I first started, I didn't know what NSV was, and when I asked, some people straight ignored me ! Lol !
  • corrinnebrown
    corrinnebrown Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    You do realize that telling people how to behave is rude, right?

Well I guess I am rude one as well. It's just like that saying "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all"
    Guess it wasn't nice to say that you shouldn't say rude things. Point taken. Hopefully you got mine too :)
  • GreenChile3
    GreenChile3 Posts: 65
    Options
    maybe people need to put on their big girl/boy pants before coming to the forums.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    But calling people a prick isn't rude AT ALL.

Yes, sometimes people are meanie mean heads on the forums. And SOMETIMES they are offering up truths that people don't want to hear. And then they get labeled as bullies.

There are some who post on here wanting validation of THEIR OWN OPINIONS, not real answers. And the people who frequent the forums, the ones who have read it, seen it, done it, and respond to it do get tired of repeating themselves. It's a fine line.

But I can assure you that your post will do nothing but go downhill from here.

Oh and :flowerforyou:

I've seen a few go a bit out of their way to "prove a point" and it comes across particularly harsh.

I try not to do that unless it's in the "chit chat" forum...

Harsh like going out of your way to point out that some people aren't acting how you believe they should act on the internet. Then post it in motivation and support. I don't feel motivated. I feel threatened and scared to post anything now that I might ensure the wrath of coming across as a prick or rude.
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    Deal_with_it.gif
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    I am not plain rude... I am a special kind of spicy rude...

Also if you don't want to read the forums don't. No one is making you read them and no one really cares if you do or do not read them so you don't need to announce it.
  • salcha76
    salcha76 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    one friday while bored at work i posted something of the same nature....18 pages later of people telling me off.....oy.....people are crazy....some of the forum posts here are like train wrecks....some are motivational, informative, others just sad.....
    if people are being mean for fun, yikes....what kind of miserable pathetic lives do you think they have?
  • kitka82
    kitka82 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    <Obligatory gif>

zW1Mzbj.gif

This scared the crap out of me. LOL.
  • GnomeQueen84
    GnomeQueen84 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the internet.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    catfight.gif
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    Peoplez is b^tches.

i am not

i never understood why people cant just ignore people on the internet.

its pretty easy and actually burns more calories than a 1200 cal daily diet
  • bannedword
    bannedword Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    You do realize that telling people how to behave is rude, right?

Well I guess I am rude one as well. It's just like that saying "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all"
    Guess it wasn't nice to say that you shouldn't say rude things. Point taken. Hopefully you got mine too :)

Your point is that you would like a world where unicorns poop cupcakes and everyone is always supportive and cheerful.

I don't live in that world.
  • Bernadette60614
    Bernadette60614 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, I think this type of communication permits people to forget that they are communicating with real people, not just user i.d.s.

Losing weight is hard...you need all the support you can get!

Another thought: Lots of us are changing our habits, and any kind of change can make you just cranky!
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Just choose not to get offended.
  • pinktoesjb
    pinktoesjb Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I would just ignore them and keep yourself classy. Positive behavior tends to rub off on people :)

^ This. Entirely this.
This discussion has been closed.