Some of you are just plain RUDE

Options

Replies

• bannedword
    bannedword Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    one friday while bored at work i posted something of the same nature....18 pages later of people telling me off.....oy.....people are crazy....some of the forum posts here are like train wrecks....some are motivational, informative, others just sad.....
    if people are being mean for fun, yikes....what kind of miserable pathetic lives do you think they have?

Dude, just because someone is mean doesn't mean they do it for sport or that they have a miserable, pathetic life.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    Don't say things like "you're stupid" or "I did that back when I was a naive idiot"
    [citation needed]

Still waiting.

tumblr_mj57roVnUa1rx4sn7o1_500.gif
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    I have gotten to the point where I don't want to read the forum's anymore because some of you are just RUDE.

What makes you think you can treat someone like they are stupid?

People have legitimate questions that need thoughtful answers. You may have lost 50 pounds and be in the best shape of your life but that does not give you the right to talk down to someone. Where are you manners?? I don't care if this is your 50th time answering the same question. Don't be a prick about it. Some are new to this site and don't want to go through the million pages of topics that are posted. For a lot of people this is there first time trying to get healthy, they may not know that you shouldn't eat less than 1200 calories. You need to APPLAUD them for taking the step to be healthy. If you have some criticism, say it nicely. Don't say things like "you're stupid" or "I did that back when I was a naive idiot" or other sarcastic blows. People come here for support and advice. You can give your advice is a nice way.

Pretty sure this site is for motivation and support. Let's make sure we keep it that way. Keep it classy, people. Keep it classy.

End rant

can you point to a couple of specific examples where you've seen this happen? let's say in the past 30 days.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    This is not fitness "school" . This is a free website where members are expected to help 'themselves' take control of their own lives.

Whether they receive positive support or negative criticism...this is the real world ( yaay interwebs!) where there are some that have done their own research and some that expect to be spoon fed every step of the way.

I understand why you would be upset...but just consider it to be....MFP tough love????

This! Sure there are rude people, but that's life.
  • Katina3333
    Katina3333 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    You do realize that telling people how to behave is rude, right?

Guess our teachers, parents, grand parents and law officials are all rude then. lol
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Oh goody....yet another "mean people" thread...as if this hasn't been done ad nauseum. Always good for gifs and memes though.

1242925128_houseomnomnom.gif
  • cybertazet
    cybertazet Posts: 12
    Options
    yep and my favorite are the ones that make fun of people because they consider them "fat".....
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Your post is condescending and rude.
  • celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Totally agree with you and for the record - I don't think you're being rude.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    But calling people a prick isn't rude AT ALL.

Yes, sometimes people are meanie mean heads on the forums. And SOMETIMES they are offering up truths that people don't want to hear. And then they get labeled as bullies.

There are some who post on here wanting validation of THEIR OWN OPINIONS, not real answers. And the people who frequent the forums, the ones who have read it, seen it, done it, and respond to it do get tired of repeating themselves. It's a fine line.

But I can assure you that your post will do nothing but go downhill from here.

Oh and :flowerforyou:

Well said.

It may be out there, but I have never seen bullying in the forums. I have seen rude responses, but not really as many as some people claim. What I do see a lot of is the seasoned veterans of MFP not sugar coating answers to questions. They're going to tell it like it is and will not tell someone that it's just hunky dory to eat 800 calories a day and do 3 hours of cardio. It is thanks to those very direct and honest answers that I upped my calories from 1200 and integrated weights into my workout routine. This has resulted in my husband telling me that I look better now than I did in our wedding pictures 6 years ago and 20 pounds less than my current weight.

People need to realize that everyone on here has a different personality, but it's not the posters responsibility to cater his/her response to everyone because it's impossible to please everyone. It is the reader's responsibility to go into the threads knowing that all types of answers will be given, some of those answers they may not like. If someone goes into a thread expecting to be offended, he/she will be.
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    trying to discredit false information =/= rudeness
  • AbigailClarke48
    Options
    Just a suggestion, but I have found having a group of MFP friends a good way to sort out the trolls from the people who really give honest but kind feedback. Or to join a group here that has similar goals and mindset. It really is an internet-wide problem.
    Personally I just skip by the meanie comments.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    You should have read through the thousands of other forum posts with this exact same title before posting this.

Sorry, you brought it up, but when you sign up for MFP it gives you a calorie GOAL, not a MAXIMUM. Some people need a lesson on what a GOAL is. You are supposed to MEET them, not fall short, right? Yeah, the ones who come on after closing out their diary at 500 calories a day getting the warning they are eating too little are frustrating because it's always the same thing. "I thought if I ate EVEN less, I would lose EVEN more." The site is set up the way it is for a reason. People need to trust the process.

In other news, there are plenty of other annoying topics as well.
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    DFP99.gif
  • bannedword
    bannedword Posts: 299 Member
    Options

Guess our teachers, parents, grand parents and law officials are all rude then. lol

Do you seriously not see how dumb this response is?
  • Shauncho49
    Shauncho49 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    What makes you think you can treat someone like they are stupid?

stupid is as stupid does...
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    My personal favorite is someone that OBVIOUSLY did not read the entire post and starts their comment with, "Hate to burst your bubble..." Someone did this to me yesterday, and I had to LOL
  • fpuckett2383
    fpuckett2383 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with you! People get so brave behind a keyboard. It's ridiculous. There's nothing that will change them though, so it's best to just ignore the jerks and try to stay positive. People who like conflict flock to the internet, it's just too easy.
  • AmberLee2012
    AmberLee2012 Posts: 540
    Options
    I think a lot of people are just hungry which makes them irritable LOL. I see rude posts in responses to peoples' questions all the time and I think to myself, was that really necessary? But I'm not them, so I just keep on scrolling.
  • Katina3333
    Katina3333 Posts: 259 Member
    Options

Do you seriously not see how dumb this response is?

Do you seriously not see them as the same? Gosh your parents must be proud! :noway:
This discussion has been closed.