10 things I've learned so far

Options

Replies

• MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Okay, okay, so "maybe" I'll go to the family party this wknd... they'll have fried beans, fried rice, pork, beef, cake, desserts...
  • kate367
    kate367 Posts: 4
    Options
    Good advice, thanks!
    Going to enjoy some 1/2 price appetizers at Applebee's tonight! Yay
  • lacquer_head
    lacquer_head Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!
  • lcvaughn520
    lcvaughn520 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    8, 9 and 10 are my favorites!! For a couple weeks I was getting SO mad at my boyfriend for being "wanting to be too spontaneous." Like, actually getting upset with him for bringing me a bottle of wine after he knew I had a bad day. I couldn't fit it in my calories and I actually started like screaming at him for being insensitive. (FYI this was also before I realized that I needed to be eating way more than I originally thought, so that contributed to my irritability also).

Finally, I realized that I can't stop being MYSELF. I need to actually live. Now I focus on making positive choices within this crazy and spontaneous life that I almost forgot I loved!
  • corrinnebrown
    corrinnebrown Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Great post. I like the one about weight isn't everything. For me what really helped was doing measurements and seeing that while I may not have lost any pounds I lost inches. Gives you that motivation!
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lgvj1iOdhV1qe956r.jpg
  • stephcbms
    stephcbms Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    So true; Amazing post!! You Go !! :flowerforyou:
  • Kreider86
    Kreider86 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Awesome post! Also, I love the above pope kitty^
  • KathyPBiles
    KathyPBiles Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Love this! Great post!
  • anonniemouse
    anonniemouse Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • hmg90
    hmg90 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I agree with them all, but not sure about 10. The fact is, losing weight requires a great deal of sacrifices and social ones as well. My job involves a lot of socializing and after work parties, with appetizers and wine/champagne. If I would let myself "live a little", I simply wouldn't lose any weight. I have to turn down most of it. It sucks that you can't join girls for a cocktail, or have a slice of cake at the office party or a glass of wine with a new business connection. In fact, the social aspect of weight loss is one of the hardest, especially in terms of alcohol.
  • losnolt
    losnolt Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wow! You hit it all on the head so well!

Thanks!
  • bonitacash08
    bonitacash08 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I agree with them all, but not sure about 10. The fact is, losing weight requires a great deal of sacrifices and social ones as well. My job involves a lot of socializing and after work parties, with appetizers and wine/champagne. If I would let myself "live a little", I simply wouldn't lose any weight. I have to turn down most of it. It sucks that you can't join girls for a cocktail, or have a slice of cake at the office party or a glass of wine with a new business connection. In fact, the social aspect of weight loss is one of the hardest, especially in terms of alcohol.

I don't necessarily agree with that. I personally believe that you can, and should participate in just as many social activities as you have in the past. The point is to make it about being social, not about the food. There are plenty of healthy people who drink cocktails and have appetizers, there's no reason why you or I can't be one of them!

Getting to that point takes time though. I think you are absolutely brilliant for realizing your triggers. But eventually you have to laugh in the face of temptation and enjoy your social circle!
  • adaowerri
    adaowerri Posts: 34
    Options
    immmm soooo guilty of all of these ! this summer im planning on lifting my butt off !
  • bonitacash08
    Options
    immmm soooo guilty of all of these ! this summer im planning on lifting my butt off !

Why are you waiting til this summer? If you already go to the gym you can start now!
  • niellari
    niellari Posts: 3
    Options
    2 nights ago, i rolled my eyes while my husband ate a burger with fries and a coke. I also count my calorie intake in front of him.

I guess maybe because im new at this thats why im like this.. my supportive husband isnt complaining . . . Yet.

But reading this post made me realize i have to change this habit.

I dont want to lose my husband while losing weight..

I wil from now on turn to MFP for my daily dose of rants!
  • bonitacash08
    Options
    I meant point 6 lol ... my bad

Lol not a problem.. Point 6 is definitely just a personal opinion of mine.. I have seen better results doing high weight, low rep; however there are definitely people that could benefit from the opposite..

Again, thanks for pointing that out! I just hope we can get more people lifting in general:smile:
  • crazy4fids
    crazy4fids Posts: 173
    Options
    This would be great to print off and carry it around for great motivation when needed. Thanks for the great post!
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    agree on all counts.... I think this post should be stickied.
  • MsGoblin
    MsGoblin Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You look too young to be this wise. :smile: Good post!