Bananas are to be avoided? Please explain

Options

Replies

• GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I loves my bananas, especially with a tablespoon of peanutbutter (oh wait, I'm not supposed to eat that either :laugh: )
  • FranksRumHam
    FranksRumHam Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    are you supposed to weigh your banana after peeling it or before peeling it?

if you weigh it before, you have to eat the peel

96f.gif
  • TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    It's the bananas that say don't eat the bananas, just self preservation.:happy:

I always thought it was the monkeys trying to hoard all the bananas for themselves
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    An apple or banana is usually my pre-lift go to...awesome energy.
  • lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I love bananas, especially on cereal or by themselves with a tbsp of peanut butter. I have also lost over 100 lbs total.
  • dare2love81
    dare2love81 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    I eat a banana every single day. It hasn't stopped me from losing at all

this^^^

Yep
  • missymakayla
    missymakayla Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I love them and I do eat them, but they do have more calories then most fruit, and are high in carbs.....
  • Karentrobe
    Karentrobe Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    are you supposed to weigh your banana after peeling it or before peeling it?
    you weigh what gos in your mouth. are you eating the banana skin?
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Bananas are good for you (potassium), but they contain ALOT of sugar--just stay within what your food plan allows :)
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Banana's are fine :)

They are just a heavy carb and calories item, I will eat 1/2 - 1 full medium/large size banana a day inside a smoothie, I try to limit it as the cals from a banana add up fast and I am also trying very hard to keep my carb count down.
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: The peel is bad for you. Just eat the middle, you'll be fine
  • kellykw
    kellykw Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Eat bananas if you like them and if you don't have blood sugar issues. But watch out for the crunchy ones. :sick:
  • cjfitnessme
    cjfitnessme Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Many good reasons why to eat a bannana as others have pointed out, but it comes down to your calorie count.myself I love bananas especially with peanutbutter, but then again I burn a lot of calories so I dont worry to much about my calorie limit.
  • Ping2011
    Ping2011 Posts: 2
    Options
    Congrats on loosing that much weight in 2 weeks (12lbs in 2 weeks!). If i were you, i would double check my diet because loosing too much weight like that would mean that you are loosing mucle mass as well...many experts wouldn't recomended loosing more than 2 pounds in a week. when you first start out and have a lot of BF to loose, this is okay but when your body fat is around 15%, loosing that much in week won't be too healthy for you.

As for eating bananas or any whole fresh fruits, they're all good. The only key to any fat lost (which in turn casue weight loss) is to have a calories defict...eating less calories than you burn in a day is the only way to loose fat/weight...simple like that...The truth is, it doesn't matter what type of food you eat, as long as you keep at a calories defict, you will loose fat/weight...although i wouldn't recommended eating ice creams or pizza all day...that's won't be healthy in the long run.
  • kayaksara
    kayaksara Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Eat bananas!!!! :heart: them! Eat them EVERY DAY!
  • Shawty_Ro
    Shawty_Ro Posts: 135
    Options
    Many good reasons why to eat a bannana as others have pointed out, but it comes down to your calorie count.myself I love bananas especially with peanutbutter, but then again I burn a lot of calories so I dont worry to much about my calorie limit.

yes, he does!!
  • reztib
    reztib Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    First time I have heard about it. If it doesn't come from you doctor or nutritionist, I would think it is probably bad advice. Also barring you don't have a medical condition.
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Bananas are wonderful! I eat them as a dessert occasionally.
  • 58ttom
    58ttom Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the very informative replies to my question. I have a much better understanding now.
  • castelluzzo99
    castelluzzo99 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    It's the bananas that say don't eat the bananas, just self preservation.:happy:

^^:laugh:

I wouldn't eat a ton of them, but I eat a banana every day or two myself. They are nutritious and cheap, compared to other fruits.