5'9 ladies!!

Options
I'm wondering what your goal weight happens to be?! I met with my doctor on Monday and we discussed where she would love for me to be for my height & build/frame. She recommended I aim for 200-220 max. I told her I was happy about that since my goal I set for myself was 220 and then I was going to go from there. She says that my frame/build isn't suitable for the "ideal" weight of like 165. So, I'm curious what other tall ladies are shooting for! :smile:

Replies

• DarkSable
    DarkSable Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8.5", and currently 175lbs. I've been as low as 158 and I was slim but not skinny then. I'd like to try for 150lbs this time and then see how I look at that.
  • shirleygirl910
    shirleygirl910 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and 201 size 14. I would like to get down to 180 - 185, but BMI wants me down to 164. I think BMI is for those who don't work out, and don't want shape.
  • brainzap
    brainzap Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8.5 and aiming to get to 100. Yes I am aware that it's a low weight. I have a very small frame.
  • vivalawvegas
    vivalawvegas Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9.5" and am currently between 160-163 and 19% body fat. I wear a size 6.

My goal is 150, though I think 155 is more feasible for me.
  • RockChickSarah
    Options
    I'm 5ft 9 and would be happy to get back down to 150-160 as i was before :smile:
  • JessicaOnKeto
    JessicaOnKeto Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I'm shooting for my ultimate goal weight to be anywhere from 155-170 pounds, :bigsmile:
    but who am I kidding, I'd be happy to be under 200 at this point :laugh: I'm currently at 269.1 currently, started from 310.
    Once I get closer to one-derland, I can always re-evaluate my goals :drinker:

ETA: I'm 5'9" by the way! Anyone who has similar goals or just wants a new friend, feel free to add me! :flowerforyou:
  • ExcelWithMel
    ExcelWithMel Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and at 163-165 I look almost as good as I want to (been there before and not so long ago). I would love to be 159 and stay under that 160-mark. I'm currently hovering @175 and I hate these extra 12-15#s. They make all the difference in how my clothes fit, but I can't stop shoving crap into my pie hole.
  • elainecroft
    elainecroft Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and aiming for 180, which my guess will put me in a US size 10/12.
  • loveYOUmore319
    loveYOUmore319 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and I'm currently 173. I started at 192 and I would like to be at 155.
  • mmoonstars
    mmoonstars Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    yea technically i should get to 165, but I'd be good with 185 most likely at 5'8' and I feel like that level would be long term sustainable.
  • ilmb87
    ilmb87 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" with a medium/large frame. I'm aiming for 150, but we'll see how I feel once I get there. If I think I look good at 160-165, then I won't worry about that last bit of weight, and if I'm still not satisfied at 150, I may go for another 5-10 pounds.

At the very least I want to reach a health BMI (169).
  • briggsy13
    briggsy13 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I am at 175 now and my goal is 160. Honestly I don't think I'll be happy at 160 based on how I feel now, but I don't know. I'm in a size 10 clothes. I used to think I had a large frame but now I'm not so sure.
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    5'9.5" - 220 is reasonable for me - 200 is my goal but probably not practical. I am large framed and I build muscle quickly.
  • Becksga
    Becksga Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9". "Back in the day" I weighed 160ish and was a size 8. I do not really care about my weight but I would like to be a size 6 and have strongs :smokin:
  • lauraj2015
    lauraj2015 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hey!!

I'm 5'9 and 166lbs! and a large frame!

My goal is around 140 but more important to tone up!

I have really wide hips and chest so I don't think I will ever make it below 140!
  • Redheadllena
    Redheadllena Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and am at 145ish right now. Working for 140. Recently started heavy lifting so we'll see how that factors in now that I'm adding back the muscle I'm sure I lost in my initial weight loss.
  • omnf809
    omnf809 Posts: 7
    Options
    I had a stent put in in January 2013. I am 5"9" and weighed 200 LBS. My cardiologist "Highly Recommended" a 30 lb. weight loss. To be @ optimum health weight for my height I should be under 168 Lbs. I don't understand why your doctor would suggest 200 Lbs max. That weight promotes high blood pressure, high cholestrol and in danger of developing heart disease (All of which I have). I'd check with another doctor if I was you.
    :smile:
  • kylaenslow
    kylaenslow Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and am currently 232 lbs and a US size 16. My doctor told me that based on my frame I should be anywhere between 155 and 170, depends how much muscle I have. My goal is 160 but I suspect that I will be happy at 170. Size 12 is my current "short term" goal. I will go from there. I am a naturally very curvy woman and have had a well defined bust-waist-hip shape at any size.
  • imheids
    imheids Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5' 10", and 206lbs--my goal weight is 180, but I just can't seem to get past 205 lbs. I'm working out daily with Zumba, Tae Bo, and started C25k-week 5 completed. I did loose 20 lbs by cutting out soda and eating better. I am 46, so that is probably my biggest barrier. I do feel better once I work out. Some days I just focus on feeling better with working out, and not focusing on the scale, but it's always present! My calorie goal is 1610, and I usually eat back the calories burned. I'm open to gals like me too!