5'9 ladies!!

Options

Replies

• cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    It's fascinating how everyone's frames are so varied at the same height! I'm 5'9" and currently weigh about 128 lbs after losing 42. My heaviest was around 180. My current BF% is probably somewhere around 20%.
  • christianteach
    christianteach Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 9.5" and would love to get back to 145. However, it's been many years since I've been that small so I'm thinking more along the lines of 160-165.
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Doctors just pull these numbers out of their behinds sometimes.

I weighed somewhere between 165 and 170 lb or so when my doctor told me to lose weight. (I am 5'9", like you, and I definitely have a large build, broad shoulders etc. etc.). So if 165 is too little for you but too much for me, I figure one of our doctors doesn't know what she is talking about.

I currently weigh 148 lb (+/- 2) and feel great at this weight. I guess my doctor would be happy--or so I hope--and yours would consider me underweight?
  • namluv
    namluv Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I am same height and currently 178; size 10/12 pant depending and when I was at 195 I was a 12/14. Definately has a lot to do with body fat - per scale I am down 5% body fat and miniscule % muscle loss. I would not want to get any lower than the very high end of the BMI - I want all the muscle possible and it weighs LBS!
  • epie2098
    epie2098 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8.5". I've been holding at 165ish lbs down from 245 (and probably higher but that's my highest recorded weight) for years now. My dad was a pro rugby player if that's any indication of what my frame is like! My besties say I shouldn't try to lose more weight, but I would like to get to 155 or so - if I ever get there. I like the way I look, just want to take off a bit of the squishy stuff. I'm in a size 8-10 on top and 10-12 on bottom.
  • epie2098
    epie2098 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8.5 and aiming to get to 100. Yes I am aware that it's a low weight. I have a very small frame.

I know that's a low weight, but when I was 120 in college, I was a bag of bones. Even with a small frame, why would you want to get down that low? I'm really trying to actively not be mean, just seeking to understand.
  • amyx593
    amyx593 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8''. I'm currently 177lbs. Three years ago, I weighed 152 and loved my body. I think I would have been perfectly slim and still been able to keep my curves at 145. I also have a lot of muscle mass with a small-medium frame.
  • lhourin
    lhourin Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Interesting thread! :)

I am 5'9", currently 140 lbs, size 4 (US) pants. This is my goal weight; anywhere between 140-143 feels good. I'm broad--shouldered, medium-framed--big hands and feet--,have very little curves (other than my butt and legs), and a lot of muscle/definition.
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options

That's a very good demonstration of how unhelpful the search function on MFP can be, thanks :)
  • FJcntdwn2sknyluv
    FJcntdwn2sknyluv Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and I'm rocking a sexy size 6 ! at 165 ! :)
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and my goal is 170 but that also depends on how things look/feel as I go. I'm very large framed so it could change!
  • TyFit08
    TyFit08 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 1/2 or 5'10. At my lowest I was 125 but that was in high school and it was extremely thin. At 145-155 I was a size 4 or 6. That is my ideal weight. Currently I am 191 and I am a size 10 or 12 depending on the cut.
  • Lbekah72
    Lbekah72 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Im just under 5'9 current weight 213 (started at 248) hoping to reach ONEderland someday soon!!!
    Current goal..210, then 205, One small goal at a time.
    :-)
  • SocialRopes
    SocialRopes Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    it's interesting to see such a variety. i'm also 5'9", hover around 165 and wear size 10. i'm seeing several of you who are my same height and weight who are fitting into a size 6. can't imagine ever fitting my frame into a 6, so more power to you!
  • TyFit08
    TyFit08 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    it's interesting to see such a variety. i'm also 5'9", hover around 165 and wear size 10. i'm seeing several of you who are my same height and weight who are fitting into a size 6. can't imagine ever fitting my frame into a 6, so more power to you!

Frame and body fat % has a lot to do with that. You could actually stay your same weight, but lose body fat and and get into a 6. I was a 4 or 6 when I was 145-155, but I also wore about the same size clothing when I was in HS and weight 20lbs less, but was less fit.
  • axialmeow
    axialmeow Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    My goal is 170lbs
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    been at 158 not too thin at all size 9 jean shooting for 140 amd 176 now
  • Londerville04
    Options
    I'm 5'9.5" , BMI of 19.5 and weight of 133. I've got an average size frame but very consistent throughout meaning not much for curves. I don't look too thin by any means, but definitely cannot lose too much more weight than where I am at or I will look to lanky. I'm small chested as well, so that definitely aids in the straight-ness of my body from head to toe.
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    It's fascinating how everyone's frames are so varied at the same height! I'm 5'9" and currently weigh about 128 lbs after losing 42. My heaviest was around 180. My current BF% is probably somewhere around 20%.

Yep, it's really amazing to see the variances. I'm 5'10" and 133lbs. Yesterday I found someone same height, 5lbs more, but wayyyy leaner than I am.
  • buffermarie
    buffermarie Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10 and weigh 227.
    At my highest I was 273.
    My DR told me 180 is where I should be.
    I told her she was crazy!
    I like to be curvy. I don't want to be THAT skinny.
    My personal goal is 200.
    But I would say be comfortable. Be YOU.
    :)