Best way to stop a wedding?

Options

Replies

• bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Well the same vein as everyone else.... Why stop it???everyone needs a starter spouse.... Seriously if you don't have an awful first marriage then how can you be delicate damaged goods when you hit your 40s
  • WannaDizzolve
    WannaDizzolve Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    ok. if you're serious then you need to ask yourself:
    Is she in physical danger?
    Is she in psychological danger (ie, he belongs to some bizarre religion that she's going to be expected to join ala Katie Holmes)?
    Is he hiding a big secret?
    Is he just a major jerk?

To quote the wicked witch of the west, "These things have to be done very delicately."

I would background check him first. There might be something in his past that would prevent this marriage--an unfiled divorce is a good example. If he can't legally marry, then notify the person officiating and they'll put a stop to it. If anything really good but not legally marriage-preventing shows up, make sure she gets it anonymously. If it's seriously bad, make sure everyone gets it anonymously. Including yourself, so you aren't the obvious culprit...

If you think she's in physical danger, then all bets are off. Tell everybody--discreetly. Talk to the minister who is officiating. Some will not perform the service until both receive counselling in that case.

Or you could just ride it out with her and start saving money for her divorce...

If this is all a joke, then thanks for a funny cup of coffee this a.m. Particularly loved the Kill Bill references. lol
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Call police , tell them groom is a drug dealer or pimp and that there's going to be drugs as wedding gifts .....maybe the cops will come and break up the wedding!! :)
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Note with a bomb threat.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

This !!!!!!!!!!! Lol
  • chantelp89
    chantelp89 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I slept with the groom once. That seemed to do it.
    That's what I was going to suggest
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    GEESH..... don't try to break it up at the last minute. Stop it in advance so people don't spend time and money buying a gift, and clearing their schedule to be at a wedding that will only be obliterated at the altar.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Honestly, there really is nothing you can really do about it. The best way to stop a wedding is for the bride and groom to be to decide that it is just not the best course of action; this of course is difficult since most enter into this institution with blinders on... You can be honest with your friend but other than that about the best you can do is wish them well and be there for them when/if it fails. Try to intervene and you will only cause unnecessary strife and may eliminate yourself as a viable help when/if things move south in a few months/years.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Buy her a pony.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    I know this friend. I am banging her.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    kill-bill-volume-1-20080909003710770-000.jpg

You win life, the internet, and everything.
  • PomegranatePriestess
    PomegranatePriestess Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options
    Buy her a pony.

C'mon. Hold out for the unicorn!
  • Liatush
    Liatush Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Throw him a bachlor party, hire a "stripper", send her photos of them getting busy. There. Fixed.
  • CassandraBurgos83
    CassandraBurgos83 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    If only you would have broke up my first marriage I never would have had to go through divorce or have my daughter have a Disney dad.... Make sure it's for the right reasons and that She is "truly" not happy ... Good luck and Best wishes for all of you involved.
  • DanceFittDiva
    DanceFittDiva Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if this is true, but I've heard that when the person officiating the ceremony asks whether there is anyone that's against the marriage, "speak now or forever hold your peace," that if someone does say something, the couple will not be allowed to get married that day...by law. Once again I'm not sure if it's true and I think some couples have that phrase removed from their ceremonies, so... good luck! lol
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    At the bachelor party, arrange a couple of strippers. . they don't even need to bang. .just make sure you instruct them to cover the guy with hickies. . .
  • mperrott2205
    mperrott2205 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    **** in your hands and throw it at the bridge in her dress. that'll show her.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I'm on it.

weddingphotosgone64005.jpg
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    sleep with the groom
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    I slept with the groom once. That seemed to do it.

Amazing!