How many calories do you usually consume on a cheat day?

Options
13»

Replies

• janimei
    janimei Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I don't find out how many calories I've eaten in a day until I do my food log--usualy after 11 p.m.
    About every tenth day I find that I've gone 500 to 900 calories over.
    During the day, I just try to do the right thing with each meal and snack.
    As I continue to do my food log, I am developing a better sense of how many calories and
    carbs I'm ingesting. That's my goal, to have a sense of what a reasonable meal is as I'm eating.
    When I'm wrong, I forgive myself and put the day in context. Last Saturday a friend invited me
    to brunch (11:30 meal time). We didn't get any food until almost 1 p.m., I hadn't had any breakfast yet,
    and I ate a huge amount of scrambled eggs, made with cream cheese, and fresh cut fruit (mostly strawberries).
    I was surprised at being more than 900 calories over for the day--but the portions were way more than I normally
    have for a meal. I'll do better next time--eat an egg and apple before I go out the door, just in case the meal is served late,
    and watch portion sizes.
  • rachelabdy
    rachelabdy Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Sundays is it for me, I usually go over my daily by 500-700 but since I am usually a bit under other days in the week I often still stay in my weekly average, Win-Win! If I hit a low point and feel flat like a few weeks ago, I'll eat over a few hundred several days in a row which looks bad when it's a big red number :) but in reality is only around maintenance. Do what you need to stay sane, that's my advice.