How many squats to get thin thighs?

Options

Replies

• TwinkiesNKetchup
    Options
    @idontknow

I know you cant target weight loss but im saying how many squats can I do to help improve my thighs.
    I just want a honest number people please

I don't know still nailed it, you can't target an area, all you can do is strength train and reps is the poorest way to build stregnth. My advice is to go to a gym and have a trainer teach you how to work your entire body. While squats are great, they only work one area of your thighs (along with other muscles, I'm not bashing squats) while there are numerous other exercises which will compliment your body type along with doing squats.

*ETA* If you look at pictures of athletes, sprinters and figure skaters have the prettiest thighs, if you want a roll model, you might search there
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Riding a bike helps tone up legs.

cardio does not build muscle. the only way this builds muscle, is with significant resistance, even then, the body adapts to cardio so quickly. within weeks your body is burning less calories doing the same activity as before.

the only thing that builds muscle is strength training.on a calorie surplus.
  • Dewdropps
    Dewdropps Posts: 111
    Options
    Is this real life?

or is this just fantasy?

Caught in a landslide

No escape from reality

open your eyes

Look up to the skies and see

I'm just a poor boy, I need no sympathy
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    When I did a lot of cycling, my thighs shrunk to 19 inches.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    no thats not true. Your saying that ALL those people in the world who have lost weight and have thin thighs and never did any squats or exercise? And Im talking about just average thin thighs. Not super model thighs. And one more thing.
    If your NOT going to give me a good answer then please dont answer at all okay?
    A deficit that creates fat loss will reduce the fat over your thighs, eventually, but doing squats will do nothing to make your legs thinner, and actually might even make them bigger if your doing them right.

not if you are in a calorie deficit...you dont build muscle in a deficit.

i am doing them very right and my legs appear more slim.
    You can have whats called regional muscle mass increases when in a deficit. Basically the lack of protein from being in a deficit to supply our whole muscle mass is directed to muscle that is being stressed and taken from another part that isn't. If someone concentrated on heavy squats in a deficit they very well could increase mass in that region while losing mass in another.

OK but for a woman on a deficit, how likely is this?

and even if i DID happen to increase muscle in an area slightly, it would hardly be noticeable on a deficit...it is HARD for women to even gain one to two pounds of muscle a month on a SURPLUS.
    The decisive factor for slimming down is the deficit, not the exercise. My point was doing a crazy amount of exercise to a specific area and expect fat (slimming)loss without a deficit isn't going to happen.
  • lovingmyreflection
    Options
    Is this real life?

or is this just fantasy?

Caught in a landslide

No escape from reality

open your eyes

Because I'm easy come, easy go
  • FootballGamer58
    FootballGamer58 Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    Is this real life?

or is this just fantasy?

Caught in a landslide

No escape from reality

open your eyes

Little High, little low
  • Dewdropps
    Options
    [...
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    no thats not true. Your saying that ALL those people in the world who have lost weight and have thin thighs and never did any squats or exercise? And Im talking about just average thin thighs. Not super model thighs. And one more thing.
    If your NOT going to give me a good answer then please dont answer at all okay?
    A deficit that creates fat loss will reduce the fat over your thighs, eventually, but doing squats will do nothing to make your legs thinner, and actually might even make them bigger if your doing them right.

not if you are in a calorie deficit...you dont build muscle in a deficit.

i am doing them very right and my legs appear more slim.
    You can have whats called regional muscle mass increases when in a deficit. Basically the lack of protein from being in a deficit to supply our whole muscle mass is directed to muscle that is being stressed and taken from another part that isn't. If someone concentrated on heavy squats in a deficit they very well could increase mass in that region while losing mass in another.

OK but for a woman on a deficit, how likely is this?

and even if i DID happen to increase muscle in an area slightly, it would hardly be noticeable on a deficit...it is HARD for women to even gain one to two pounds of muscle a month on a SURPLUS.
    The decisive factor for slimming down is the deficit, not the exercise. My point was doing a crazy amount of exercise to a specific area and expect fat (slimming)loss without a deficit isn't going to happen.

mmk i can agree with that.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    [img]http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii217/charisma_cage/TNA wrestling/Kenny King gif moves/clothesline1_zpsd6e7458a.gif[/img]

Wresting moves such as "the clothesline" will give u thin thighs
  • belle_of_the_bar
    belle_of_the_bar Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Is this real life?

or is this just fantasy?

Caught in a landslide

No escape from reality

open your eyes

Little high, little low
  • Dewdropps
    Options
    Is this real life?

or is this just fantasy?

Caught in a landslide

No escape from reality

open your eyes

Little High, little low

Any way the wind blows, doesn't really matter to meeeee...
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    -1,000. Because squats actually build up your thigh muscles. at least that was my understanding? and I've been doing squats to get bigger thigh muscles to shift my fat to muscle ratio to get more metabolism boost. sooooo..........

ONE OF US is doing it wrong. Unsure which. Sorry, hope the other posts clear that up regarding squats.

I do however know that stretching slims and lengthens muscles as does certain pilates exercises especially those involving the machines. if long and lean is the look you're after without getting emaciated looking I think you are on the right track with adding something to your cardio, however I'm not sure squats are the way.
  • NaturallyandProperly
    NaturallyandProperly Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Lunges and curtsy lunges. They will make your legs stronger. Eventually add weights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsao43coxFQ
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Is this real life?

or is this just fantasy?

Caught in a landslide

No escape from reality

open your eyes

Little High, little low

*quietly*

to. me.
  • andeey
    andeey Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Is this real life?

or is this just fantasy?

Caught in a landslide

No escape from reality

open your eyes

Little High, little low

*quietly*

to. me.

:flowerforyou:
  • lina011
    lina011 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    oh my :) um squats will not make your thighs thinner but maybe bigger !!! haha haha more toned i would say, 3 sets of 12 add weight if you dare
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Is this real life?

or is this just fantasy?

Caught in a landslide

No escape from reality

open your eyes

Little High, little low

*quietly*

to. me.

Mama, just killed a man
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    -1,000. Because squats actually build up your thigh muscles. at least that was my understanding? and I've been doing squats to get bigger thigh muscles to shift my fat to muscle ratio to get more metabolism boost. sooooo..........

ONE OF US is doing it wrong. Unsure which. Sorry, hope the other posts clear that up regarding squats.

I do however know that stretching slims and lengthens muscles as does certain pilates exercises especially those involving the machines. if long and lean is the look you're after without getting emaciated looking I think you are on the right track with adding something to your cardio, however I'm not sure squats are the way.

NO.

:angry:

(Jules is on codeine so I'm taking over)
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    I do ALL the squats for strong and schmexy thighs.