Biggest craving since dieting?

Options

Replies

• CalypsoNi
    CalypsoNi Posts: 44
    Options
    Nothing yet.
    Though i've been using Cinnamon on like everything lately..
  • Peanutbutterx
    Peanutbutterx Posts: 332
    Options
    this sounds weird, but mall food... auntie annes pretzels, mrs fields cookies, sbarros, chinese food there (even though its crap..) also anything with frosting. but everytime i go to the mall im just like ahh subway it is.. i let myself have whatever i want 1 day a week (saturday/friday night) when im out like drinking/having fun but most of the time the mall isnt an option by that time ; (
  • spaghetti93
    spaghetti93 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    anything that is carb heavy. ceral, granola bars, bread, pastries.
  • xstarxdustx
    xstarxdustx Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    The cravings kind of slip away once you've been off of that type of food for long enough-at least that's what I've found.
  • OCTOBERLISA
    OCTOBERLISA Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Macaroni and cheese, doughnuts.
  • TheShrinkingKween
    TheShrinkingKween Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    FRENCH FRIES!!! They are my weakness and I have to avoid them completely because one little thing of fries can trigger a binge that will last a few days! I love french fries more than the average person. I like thick steak fries. I like skinny fast food (McD's) fries. I like crinkle cut fries cooked on a pan in the oven at home. I could live off of fries, I think. Anyway... I miss them, but I know that they trigger something in me and once I start, I can't stop. It's truly an addiction.
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I am not really having cravings. If I seriously crave something I will fit it in by whatever means necessary. However, I am having some very bad memories of the stuff I used to eat. I really can't believe the volume and kinds of foods I used to eat. I could eat an entire pizza by myself in a sitting, which would be over 2000 calories right there and now that is my daily intake calorie wise. .
  • castelluzzo99
    castelluzzo99 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    The only real change I made in my diet was to cut how much I was eating (mostly by eating small portions at suppers, and only if I'm hungry, and skipping seconds at lunch). I don't deny myself anything.

However, I have gone gluten-free for my nursing baby's sake (when I slip up, he pays, poor thing, so I've only done that a couple of times). I don't miss gluten in the "I. Must. Have. Something. Glutenous" sense, but I can tell you what, the day he is weaned is the day I eat a sandwich made with Dave's Killer Bread (if you don't know what that is, you should look it up--it's the best store-bought bread EVER, and I mean that in every possible sense, from taste to nutrition; I don't know how far away he sells, but he's based in Oregon, and I am too, so it works out great). And then I'll make Split Pea Soup with Barley instead of Rice. And then... when I go out to Sweet Tomatoes for lunch, I'll have a serving of pasta. I don't miss pasta, because we eat brown rice pasta, but I miss pasta at Sweet Tomatoes.

Actually, I think my cravings have lessened, if anything. I used to crave desserts every day. Now I don't. Some days I will eat a dessert to round out calories (like what we call "brown dessert", which is basically equal parts peanut or almond butter, honey, and carob powder (could be cocoa powder, but you'd need either less cocoa or more honey, probably, because carob is naturally sweet). On days I'm low in protein, this makes a great way to bring up the numbers, and since pasta meals are usually low in protein AND fat, it's the perfect complement to that meal! But I don't have to eat it every meal like I (thought I) did for a while. If I eat 750-850 calories for lunch, I really am satisfied enough that dessert isn't much of an issue anymore.
  • rebbylicious
    rebbylicious Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    with your dog's picture.. looks like his tongue is sticking out a little, and it makes the food post extra cute! <3
  • CalypsoNi
    CalypsoNi Posts: 44
    Options
    Okay okay I lied, because i'd forgotten it but.
    Mangoes and Avocados.
    Could be worse.
  • beyondjupiter
    beyondjupiter Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Ben & Jerry's Everything But The...

I will miss you my misguided friend!
  • OCTOBERLISA
    OCTOBERLISA Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    with your dog's picture.. looks like his tongue is sticking out a little, and it makes the food post extra cute! <3

Yup, she's sticking her tongue out at everyone! :)
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    my cravings are always sweets!!!!! I have found some ways to keep me satiated so I don't binge namely keeping some lower sugar and calorie snacks on hand so I can have them after dinner dessert will always be my favorite thing in the world
  • rachelabdy
    rachelabdy Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Definitely rice, can't believe how much I used to eat... And bacon.., although I happily fit that not my diary a couple of times a week. I've found baffling though that before MFP I never ate Peanut Butter but now I crave it a couple of times a week :) and can't believe how much I love it now.
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    MY cravings are either for Sushi, or Cupcakes with lots of frosting. I get sushi from time to time still, and I found if I eat a tsp or so of frosting it curbs my feining for a huge gormet cupcake.
  • brentbarrie
    brentbarrie Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    MY cravings are either for Sushi, or Cupcakes with lots of frosting. I get sushi from time to time still, and I found if I eat a tsp or so of frosting it curbs my feining for a huge gormet cupcake.

111 lost? Wow, good job!
  • violettatx
    violettatx Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Nothing that I can think of really, because I can usually come up with a version of anything that fits into my macros.

I second the Trader Joe's pizzas, though. Come to think of it, I need to go by there today. :laugh:
  • royvor
    royvor Posts: 271
    Options
    Foods I miss
    Mayo with corn and white cheese, butter, lime juice, valentina hot sauce, its basically corn on the cob but it is so good, where I live street vendors sell them in a cup or on the cob.

Also, I had to say no more Tamales,

And no more of my moms Spicy Red Beans with all the butter.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Nothing. I eat what I like.

Sadly however it's not always as much as I'd like.
  • Spook_Nuke_Em
    Spook_Nuke_Em Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    PASTA PASTA PASTA :))))) lol