Do you eat 3 meals and 3 snacks a day?

Options
13»

Replies

• kassiebby1124
    kassiebby1124 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    I do c:

I eat breakfast, wait for around 2 or 3 hours and at like 10:30, I'll have a healthy snack, like a banana or nuts or something on my way to class. 2 or 3 more hours i have a snack, then I have lunch. then I'm good until dinner
  • michelepritchett90
    Options
    WILL I HEARD THE SAME THING BUT I HEARD IT FOR PEOPLE WITH DIABETES. BUT PLEASE CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG
  • Corinne_Howland
    Corinne_Howland Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I tend to do 3 meals, trying to limit carbs to 45 grams. Mid afternoon snack, with 15 carbs. Make sure you have protein at each meal and snack. Greek yogourt is a good way to go. I struggled and struggled, but it appears I may be not been eating enough. I've really been trying to stick to my plan and drinking the 8 glasses of water. It keeps you feeling fuller.
  • Corinne_Howland
    Corinne_Howland Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Whatever is recommended for a diabetic, is usually a good way to go for everyone. Their meal plans are more balanced and don't spike blood sugars as much as the typical American diet.
  • RobynLB83
    RobynLB83 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I eat three meals and two snacks a day. I've always eaten this way. Everyone has different eating patterns, and ultimately, whatever feels most natural and comfortable to you for timing is probably best for you. I don't want to post an entire meal plan, but since I eat so frequently, as a rule of thumb, I keep my meals around 500 calories and my snacks around 250 (to hit around 2000 per day).

Alternately, my boyfriend eats two meals a day. He likes big meals, so that works for him.
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    That is typically what I eat.

Breakfast
    Either a meal shake or some milk and a banana

Snack
    Apple, yogurt or some multigrain crackers and hummus

Lunch
    Salad with lots of veggies and low-fat dressing

Snack
    Luna Bar

Dinner
    Chicken or Pork
    Veggies
    Potatoes

I don't usually have a snack after dinner unless I need the calories.
  • brainzap
    brainzap Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I eat 2 meals a day and sometimes a snack
  • PamelaGatorMom
    PamelaGatorMom Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different so therefore what works for some won't work for other!

Me personally weekdays I eat 3 meals had have 2-3 snacks
    Breakfast: cereal, oatmeal, breakfast sandwich
    AM snack: fruit (normally apple) fiber one bar
    Lunch: anything from a salad with grilled chicken or tuna to a frozen lean cuisine type meal
    PM snack: cheese stick & beef jerky, pretzels, fruit
    Dinner: whatever I cook or we pick up...grilled chicken to pizza
    Treat: sometimes I'll have ice cream, cookie or some other kind of treat but not always

Weekends I sleep late so I rarely eat breakfast plus I find my lunch & dinner meals are higher calories cause I'm out & about so that helps me stay under my goal.

I found my personal weakness was I would get up at 6am and NOT eat breakfast, then I would go all day without eating, so around 3pm when I got off work I would be starving...hit Sonic for something greasy & fried and a 44oz soda or sweet tea, that would hold me over till dinner time but then I would always over eat then. I have found that when I plan my meals & make myself eat breakfast (I've never been a breakfast eater) I do much better with staying under my calories and not over eating late in the day.

My diary is open you are welcome to check it out....but don't be shocked I eat what I want just try to do it in moderation.
  • RobP1192
    RobP1192 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I don't even think i eat "meals". I just kind of grab whatever and eat it as i please. I don't wait for a set time. So i guess you could say i snack constantly.
  • Sawjer
    Sawjer Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I go for the every 3hours method, which tbh makes it really hard to keep in my calorie goal! Typical day

Breakfast - Oomf Oats
    Snack - Protein Shake
    Pre-Work out Meal (Lunch) - Chicken & Rice (maybe add in salsa/chill sauce and almonds/brazil nuts)
    Post Work Out shake - Protein Shake (ISO-7) with natural peanut butter
    Dinner - Chicken & Rice (maybe add in salsa/chill sauce and almonds/brazil nuts)
    Snach - Protein Shake

Easy. Of course I change up meals every now and then and exchange shakes for bar's every now and then.
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    No, I don't have the time or desire to eat six times per day. I eat twice per day, and sometimes a snack. I have green tea and water when I get up, then I work out. Following that, sometime between 12-2pm, I have a big lunch (biggest meal of the day for me). Whey protein with whatever, as well as a full on big meal. Then dinner (bit less food at this meal) around 6 or 7 pm and I'm done. If I have a snack, it's somewhere in between lunch/dinner.
  • phyllisgehrke
    phyllisgehrke Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I eat Breakfast, Am Snack, Lunch, Afternoon Snack and Dinner. My evening snack is Sugar Free Jello which is only 10 calories.
    I have been on this diet for 10 days and have lost 5 pounds.

Hope this helps
  • Monny287
    Monny287 Posts: 109
    Options
    I work with toddlers who have four meals a day (breakfast, lunch, a morning snack, and an afternoon snack). I eat when they eat, though I come in after they've already eaten breakfast, so I eat that at home. I pack whole-grain crackers for a morning snack, yogurt and fruit for an afternoon snack, and eat a light lunch. This not only helps them eat, but helps me reach my calorie goals! I try to eat dinner, but I often skip it in favor of something quick and light, like toast (I'm trying to change this bad habit!).
  • honkytonks85
    honkytonks85 Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I work with toddlers who have four meals a day (breakfast, lunch, a morning snack, and an afternoon snack). I eat when they eat, though I come in after they've already eaten breakfast, so I eat that at home. I pack whole-grain crackers for a morning snack, yogurt and fruit for an afternoon snack, and eat a light lunch. This not only helps them eat, but helps me reach my calorie goals! I try to eat dinner, but I often skip it in favor of something quick and light, like toast (I'm trying to change this bad habit!).

I think having a light dinner sounds good, as long as you are meeting your overall targets for macro/calories.
  • Monny287
    Monny287 Posts: 109
    Options

I think having a light dinner sounds good, as long as you are meeting your overall targets for macro/calories.

It's not really a meal, though, it's a snack. And usually, I'm tired and cranky when I get home, so it's not as healthy as it could be. And this small snack doesn't help me reach my calories. I have a hard time reaching my BMR because I have a small appetite. What I pack for an entire day at work (four whole-grain crackers, sandwich, salad, yogurt, banana) is what my co-workers would call "lunch." But I'm getting better. I made a big batch of chili on Sunday and I've been eating the leftovers for dinner. Much better than toast!
  • Sawjer
    Sawjer Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I try my best to stick to this regime but dont always suceed due to long days and nights.