Pets get in the way

Options

Replies

• sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Four cats here, and they think exercise time is the perfect time to flop down in my way, rub on me, and otherwise interfere with the process. At least that's not as bad as my Quaker parrot, who flies at me in full attack mode whenever I answer the phone in his presence.
  • melissa112
    melissa112 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    My dog is brill and just lies on her bed with her Kong or sleeping while I work out. The cat however, she sits on the arm of the chair and gives me the look of death. Then when I start doing anything that involves jumping, she jumps down and starts circling my legs! She has a death wish!
  • Annerk1
    Annerk1 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Put the cats in the carrier if you need to. My dogs learned quickly that the yoga mat is not a new dog bed and when it's on the floor, they are to be on their dog beds or in another room.
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I use to have a three year old human child that climbed on my back while trying to do Yoga. ;-)
  • mrswine
    mrswine Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    My cat does the exact same thing. Unfortunately, as a side effect of working out we don't play as much anymore and he has started to bite my legs as a (playful, not aggressive) way to get my attention and to play. He now avoids me while I work out and I try to spend at least 30 minutes actively playing with him each night before bed - this includes playing fetch and using feather on a stick toy.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    When I'm doing planks, my daft Labrador lays down with me and licks the sweat from my face.
  • deannakittygirl
    deannakittygirl Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    <<<yep she is affectionately called my personal trainer. she lays beneath me while doing planks/pushups...cant squish her! she climbs on belly or chest for added resistance during abs/mat work. I have lightning reflexes too from cat avoidance:)
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    When I'm doing planks, my daft Labrador lays down with me and licks the sweat from my face.
    My lab does that when I'm doing yoga. She eventually just sits by my may and watches.
  • 3LittleMonkeyMom
    Options
    LOL I get help with yoga too. My cat and 3 dogs think it's fascinating to clean my face or try to tip me over, depending. :) I don't mind too much though.
  • flte74
    flte74 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My dog used to walk with me every day, come rain, hail or shine. She's not allowed to walk any more than 1km at a time now, no up/down hill and she's not allowed out during cold weather. When we got her diagnosis I stopped walking for months. I still have trouble going out without her. It breaks my heart knowing that she wants to come, but can't :brokenheart: That got in the way of my plans big time!

We do have a cake that just loves to climb in under my back every time I do a crunch. Or she sits at my feet and looks at me patronisingly while I work out.

pet cakes are the best :laugh:
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    My view during crunches
    089.jpg

He also tries to "help" me when doing push-ups by trying to lift me up with his head and tries to lick my sweat off. And then when he finally decided to leave me alone, he lays on my workout mat.

Planks are not easy when you are laughing.
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself first thing each morning before consuming any food or water and invariably when I step onto the scale one of my cats will run over and start rubbing my leg demanding to be fed throwing off the scale.
  • Lilylee757
    Lilylee757 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Yes, we have a 6 month Cairn and she figures once you are on the floor it is to play with her! I tend to put her in the yard while I do my thing.
  • laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Put him in another room and shut the door.
    Problem solved.

Yup. Reason #7,965,235 not to have a cat.
  • laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    My view during crunches
    089.jpg

He also tries to "help" me when doing push-ups by trying to lift me up with his head and tries to lick my sweat off. And then when he finally decided to leave me alone, he lays on my workout mat.

LOL!! That is sooo adorable!!! I would be cracking up too!!!
  • affacat
    affacat Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    one of my cats doesn't care.

the other HATES exercise. she'll yell and scream at me, and get underneath me doing pushups, etc. she does the same thing to my wife doing yoga, etc.

we put her in another room.
  • quicklabs
    quicklabs Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    My Labrador, Grace, get so excited when I pull out the free weights. She velcroes herself to me as I'm working out with them. Both my Labs lay right next to me when I'm on the stationary bike or the elliptical as well.
  • quicklabs
    quicklabs Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Oh, I love it! I would treasure every moment of that. I'd smooch that sweet face every time I came up off the floor. A chocolate lab, right?
    My view during crunches
    089.jpg