how you got fat?

Options

Replies

• LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
  • healthybodyhealthylife
    Options
    I went through a super depressing and stressed phase right after my engagement and it really affected my relationship. I also got sick just before that time and lost 10kg and lost all my curves so being an idiot I assumed our relationship problems were because I lost my body. Sooo I went on an eating rampage in attempt to 'recover my curves' where I ate ALL THE FOOD I SAW. Lasted a few months. I got my curves back but it came alongside awful skin, constant low energy, depressed mood (again), bloated belly and hair falling out in clumps. It was the worst few months of my life but it really taught me the value of living a healthy, happy life and whenever I feel demotivated I think back to those days and realize being lazy/eating ALL THE FOOD really isn't worth it.
  • bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    pizza
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Emotional eating. Better than other options considered.
  • JefferyArnold
    JefferyArnold Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    I stopped tracking anything I ate and went through a bout of emotional and stress eating. Throw the holidays on top of it all and POOF!! fat
  • PghPensFan69
    PghPensFan69 Posts: 2,393 Member
    Options
    zombiesruinben.jpg
  • Sinisterly
    Options
    zombiesruinben.jpg
    Oh, you put on a fat suit. I never thought of that.
  • Lovely_77
    Lovely_77 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Gestational diabetes when pregnant, stayed fat for two years due to laziness and comfort eating to forget that I was fat lol sick cycle
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Actually a long story in my case. Sit down and grab a beer. :(

I am about 133 lbs now. Give or take (weight fluctuates and all that), but I was 220 lbs at my highest. When I was 15-19, I was actually a VERY active person. I walked everywhere. I walked my dogs every day (and at the time, we had 7 dogs! - I walked ALL 7 by myself every day, 30 minutes per set of dogs so that was 2 dogs 30 minutes, 2 dogs 30 minutes, 2 dogs 30 minutes, last dog 30 minutes). I walked to the rec center and got on the swing. I was active. My weight stayed between 130-150 lbs. I've always had fluctuating weight. Yoyoing. Because of financial reasons, my dietary choices are often poor. Plus I've always had a weakness for Little Debbie (that I finally broke. Her cakes make me sick now)

Then, the attack happened. When I was 19, I was attacked by dogs while walking to the store. I don't remember it much. Everyone always asks me if it hurt, but I couldn't tell you. I dissociated when it happened. But I heard it. And the sounds left me traumatized more than the pain. For a while, I seemed alright. But slowly, slowly, I withdrew. I became afraid to walk. Afraid that it would happen again. And so, I stopped. I stopped going anywhere. And I got lazy. And a lot happened from 19 to 22. A death, a stressful move, my mom's loss of a job... I withdrew into myself. I became an emotional eater. And slowly, the weight just piled on..
  • cassy_runs
    Options
    calories consumed > calories burned.
  • coretemp
    coretemp Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    overcompensated caloric intake for weights
  • victal
    victal Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    having two kids, both nearly 9lb!!! took me ages to lose it with my last 4 years ago!!........... don't have to worry about that now hubbys had the snip!:smokin:
  • j0705
    j0705 Posts: 185
    Options
    3 months on a sofa after injuring my back, having to order out for takeaway food or no one would eat because i couldnt stand long enough to cook. :P
  • djones209
    djones209 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I never really thought about it until I read this, but I also liked feeling stuffed. Wow......,
  • Sinisterly
    Options
    I never really thought about it until I read this, but I also liked feeling stuffed. Wow......,
    I just totally took that the wrong way!
  • mercurybubbles
    mercurybubbles Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    A boyfriend who loves to eat junk and constantly brings me goodies. Now I dont blame him I ate the stuff but before him I didnt eat sweets or like half the foods I eat now. Its not easy to eat a plate of veggies while your partner is stuffing his face with cheese burgers and pizza! Fml lol.
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Fast-food (3 to 4 times a day)...a sedentary lifestyle...low self-esteem.
  • FattyFeast
    Options
    Always been slightly overweight my whole life
    Large portions
    Alcohol
    Injuries stopping me exercising for months on end.... but not reigning back on my calorie intake
  • jjennyb4
    jjennyb4 Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Fast food, junk food & pure laziness! It was my own fault!!!!!
  • FreshKrisKreash
    FreshKrisKreash Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I got fat against my will. When I was a baby I was very tiny and a neighbor said jokingly to my mom, "Wow. She's so tiny. Aren't you feeding her?" she took it as an insult to her mothering skills and way overfed me and my brother. so by the time I started kindergarten I was 100 pounds. after my dad died she really overdid it and by 6th grade I was 180. that was my heaviest. at 12 years old I had to tell my mother to stop cooking for me and had to start figuring this stuff out for myself.