how you got fat?

Options

Replies

• ajv1985
    ajv1985 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    funny thing is...if i would eat what everyone around me ate or was a socially acceptable amount/type of food i would get fat as hell. I did this most of my life, wondering why i was fat.

Now that i know what to eat and proper portion size i feel like an outcast when eating around other people. Always hearing comments about "why are you dieting you look fine", :mad: cause im not going to eat ****ing mcdonalds and pizza all the time and get fat as hell.

::Ok:: that's my rant on the topic. :tongue:
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    funny thing is...if i would eat what everyone around me ate or was a socially acceptable amount/type of food i would get fat as hell. I did this most of my life, wondering why i was fat.

Now that i know what to eat and proper portion size i feel like an outcast when eating around other people. Always hearing comments about "why are you dieting you look fine", :mad: cause im not going to eat ****ing mcdonalds and pizza all the time and get fat as hell.

::Ok:: that's my rant on the topic. :tongue:

its so true tho. the balance is off. I don't live in the states, where I can imagine its WAY off, but everywhere its off. foods too dense and too large. id say the majority eat unhealthy diets.
  • Blacksunshine1
    Blacksunshine1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Cocktails, Chocolate and complete relaxation
  • MakingApril
    MakingApril Posts: 178
    Options
    For me, I started gaining weight in grade 8, but it went overboard in grade 9, I think my depression took over. I ended up with a couple of health issues afterwards.
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Depression
    Eating way too much
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    I got fat from years of eating fast-food 3 to 4 times a day.

8488541.png
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I got fat because I never bothered to learn how to eat properly. I ate more than my body needed.
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    hypothyroidism
  • justjennnie
    justjennnie Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Love of desserts and tons of ice cream. I hated working out too.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Booze.jpg

X1,000,000,000
    Pizza, Wings
    Also, I had a huge crush on my couch.
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mji1xs1bMO1qfgb83o2_250_zps73ed0da4.giftumblr_mji1xs1bMO1qfgb83o1_250_zps35acd81a.gif
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    I ate too much. SIMPLE :smile:
  • Pink_turnip
    Pink_turnip Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Eating crap and being lazy.
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    When a boy likes a girl.... aka: pregnancy

But I don't think I have ever been fat. 30% BF is overweight correct? I am 5'8 and have never weighed more then 155lbs.. I was 190lbs with my second baby but 155lbs within a month of her birth. However at 155lbs it was usually a lot of taco bell and no working out with some ice cream and extra helpings on the side.
  • YolieCreator
    YolieCreator Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Gained 80 pounds being pregnant with my son and then tacked on another 40ish from over eating emotional eating etc etc. Husband cheated when I was pregnant so it totally killed what little self confidence I had. Just now getting some of that back and its been more than 5 years.
  • Dr_Waffles
    Dr_Waffles Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    100% pure laziness, that's how I got fat.
  • cng31183
    cng31183 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I ate a ton and never exercised but was completely convinced my weight was due to bad genes and stress.
  • liznsmith
    liznsmith Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Before getting in shape I went from my average 110 to 190 in 4 months due to the stress of my mom losing custody of my grandpa and me taking him in thus becoming a full time caregiver while finishing my last, stressful year of college. Right after he died I was held at knife point, then had identity theft and finally a month after that got lyme disease. Just call me Murphey =P
  • rob32768
    rob32768 Posts: 505
    Options
    Stress eating - desk job with long hours and two young boys who consume a lot of time - but mostly lack of drive to choose or make the better meals.

Wow -Liz just read your post - that is a lot I can see how anyone reach for something to cope.
  • MissingPixies
    MissingPixies Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    - Two pregnancies and two kids later... but during those pregnancies I ate whatever I wanted whenever I wanted, that means if I wanted ice cream 5 times a day I had it. Plus I didn't exercise while pregnant, t just got lazy with it.
    - After each pregnancy I continued to eat whatever, and continued to be lazy
    -Didn't exercise, the only exercise I got was on an every other day walk.
    -Making excuse after excuse of why I couldn't or didn't start losing the pregnancy weight after each kid and also why I wasn't exercising.

All it took was seeing a picture of myself to change my laziness and excuses. I'm trying to eat healthier, I say trying because it is sort of hard on a tight budget. I'm exercising more, although I can step it up, just trying to gradually get into a routine.