bump
  • manofpies
    manofpies Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Pies, lots and lots of pies...
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I was never a tiny person. But after I got out of Navy, I ate because of stress, boredom eating at night and large portions. I have always been a walker. But, now I make sure I get walking in every day. I am not good at other exercising. But, I try.
  • emaren
    emaren Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    I moved to the US.

American portions are considerably bigger than UK ones and a good guest cleans his plate.
  • KxCoyote
    KxCoyote Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Just didn't cut down when my metabolism slowed in middle school. Was still eating constantly despite not burning itself(As a kid, I didn't exercise much, I literally just burned up everything I ate.) and in middleschool, I didn't stop, didn't realize(I never was one to look in a mirror, lol) until I was very overweight.
    In short, lots of pop, lots of chips and candy. No exercise. XD
  • horsewhisper91
    horsewhisper91 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Working night shift for over a year as well as other job, didn't give me much time to cook or get any good foods.
  • dark_angel1554
    dark_angel1554 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Not handling my emotions and problems properly....I binged. I also didn't really stay disciplined enough, and quite frankly got lazy.
  • Pamella513
    Pamella513 Posts: 72
    Options
    I'm not fat. I'm fluffy

I have been fluffy since I was in high school. I was always the funny fluffy girl. When I got to college, I lost 50 lbs in three months because I couldn't afford to eat. I was hungry....but I looked good!!!!

Then I met the man....we dated.....we got married.....I had babies....I got lazy and complacent all over again. He loves me no matter how fluffy I am (and I constantly reminded myself of that). I figured since he didn't care....why should I?

I was wrong. I needed to care. I care now. I'm working on being less fluffy than I am now.

Aside from sheer not giving a damn, I am a depression eater. Due to the fact that I am diagnosed as chronically depressed, the eating was pretty much all the time. It got really bad after my son died and I just didn't give a crap about anything. But like I said.....I care now.
  • mlcantwell
    mlcantwell Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I love good food, and will eat too much of it. Cakes/pastries with my coffee. Not doing enough exercise. Going out and drinking too much beer/cider.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    I took an anti depressant that made me gain 80 pounds
    My father had no idea what portion control is.
  • AIZZO4
    AIZZO4 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Dollar menus and XBox 360
  • iiiEllie
    iiiEllie Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Not eating all day, then eating fast food, and going out to drink all night.
    Oh to be 19 again.
  • ehsan517
    ehsan517 Posts: 114
    Options
    ex GF.
  • Trusten83
    Trusten83 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Vidya games and fast foods. In college now. Losing weight while learning. Woooo!
  • Shiroi
    Shiroi Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I've been fat all of my life, and it was mainly due to over eating and being lazy.
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Because my eyes were bigger than my stomach:tongue:
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    IMO, if your reason doesn't include "eating too much" or some variation of that, you're in denial :huh:

I got fat because I have always been fat, always ate what I was told, then as I got older ate whatever I wanted and however much I wanted.
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    By not limiting my portions
    by stress eating
    by using fast food meals when I was really busy
    by medical issues that reinforced my inactivity
  • feral_teddybear
    feral_teddybear Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    3 kids under the age of 5
    Currier job with more driving then walking
    Gave up on myself
    Smorgasbord's became my best friend
    Cold weather preventing me from riding my bike
    No money for a gym membership or home equipment.
  • amusedhorse
    amusedhorse Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I ate the wrong foods in the wrong portions.
    Never exercised; extremely unfit.
    Lazy.
    Everyone else in my family ate unhealthy and I get given what they do.