Question For The Ladies On This Board!

Options

Replies

• SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Hi I eat 1300 cals because it helps me drop the pounds faster
    and also I posted a question but no one answered. Sorry to intrude ladies :smile:

Here it is :

Hello all! How are you?
    Okay so as you know summer is coming up and I wanna take advantage of that and lose my weight. I am 149 pounds and wanna be 119 pounds and Im 5"3.
    So here is what I got
    June:Treadmill do 5-6 miles a day
    July:Jillian michaels 30 day shred
    August:?
    Got nothing for august yet...
    So what to all you people think? Good? Bad?

Why not find a routine and stick to it?

I started lifting heavy in January and I've never lost weight so easily in my life. I lift 3x a week, I'm back to running 3x a week (outside, with Zombies Run) and I go out for a walk every lunchtime.

If you're doing the right workout then you don't need to change it every month, but whatever you do, do some strength training to maintain lean body mass whilst losing fat.
  • moni_tb_192
    moni_tb_192 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I eat around 1350 - 1800 cals a day, it depends on how much I exercise or how hungry I am :P

My settings are set to lose 1lb a week, and I'm 5'3.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    25, 156, i eat 1666 most days (do not eat workout calories back, those are already factored in) and 1866-1966 on lift days, tho I'm over today. I'm losing a little over a pound a week, but I'm more focused on inches and the fit of cothing.
  • WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    5'6" 180 lbs I eat anywhere from 2100-2600 depending on my workouts for the day. My base is 1600 and I eat all workout cals back. I lose about 1.5 lbs a week.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    2000-3000 a day.
    Pretty much on maintenance.
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    I eat 1500-2000 depending on how much I've worked out that day and how hungry I am...and I lose :)
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Bob Harper (the trainer guy from Biggest Loser) was on Dr. Oz last week. He said a quick tool to calculate how many calories you should eat everyday, based on what your body needs function normally - breathe, heart beating, digestion, brain function - is to multiply your weight in POUNDS by 12. If you eat more, you will gain weight. If you eat less, you will lose weight. This does NOT factor in exercise. I eat about 1,200 - 1,400 calories a day, sometimes more and exercise about 3-4 times a week for 30-50 minutes. You will burn more calories if you build up some muscle. Best wishes on your weight loss and fitness journey!:smile:

Sorry, but this is bunk. My maintenance cals at my weight would be something like 2500. If I were to eat at his method, I would be eating 3,500 calories a day on maintenance. That's more than I was eating before I came here and I was steadily gaining.
  • Zee48
    Zee48 Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Bob Harper (the trainer guy from Biggest Loser) was on Dr. Oz last week. He said a quick tool to calculate how many calories you should eat everyday, based on what your body needs function normally - breathe, heart beating, digestion, brain function - is to multiply your weight in POUNDS by 12. If you eat more, you will gain weight. If you eat less, you will lose weight. This does NOT factor in exercise. I eat about 1,200 - 1,400 calories a day, sometimes more and exercise about 3-4 times a week for 30-50 minutes. You will burn more calories if you build up some muscle. Best wishes on your weight loss and fitness journey!:smile:

I can see that working. I took my current weight x 12 and came up with 1250. I do know if I go over 1200 every day I gain - I do not lose so I do my best to stay around 1170 - 1200 total, not always eating back calories burned. I do know when I reach goal and maintain for a week or so I will have to increase my intake. I learned that from WW.
  • Zee48
    Zee48 Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    You ladies eat soooo much!

From your avatar I can only guess that you are male and surely have heard that males need to take in more calories than their female counterparts. If we ate like guys do we'd all be looking for another guy because many guys wouldn't like us fluffy & sassy.

Our 1200 calories are probably equivalent to your 2500+ calories ~ Just from different articles I've read over the years. I could be wrong - been in that boat before.
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I have set my goal to 1350 calories and I eat about half of my exercise calories back. I am losing about 2 pounds every 7-10 days now.
  • kittyhasclaws
    kittyhasclaws Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Anywhere from 1600-1900 depending on how hungry I am. I'm losing, but very slowly at this point because I've had to stop lifting until I can find out what's wrong with my wrist.
  • dstevens19
    dstevens19 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    5'8" female, age 50. I eat 1480 cals/day aNd work out 6 days a week. 3 days of 60-min. Spin class and 3 days of weightlifting. I lose about 1 lb per week. If I'm hungry, I'll eat some of my exercise cals but try to stick to 1480.
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    1300-1800. Training for competition currently. Gym is 5-6 times a week.
  • lifesigns64
    lifesigns64 Posts: 110
    Options
    5ft 5 inches . . . . steadily losing 1+ pounds a week. Eat 1650 calories a day.

My maintenance calories will be around 1650, and it is satisfying me a large percentage of my days, but there are some days I make stkupid choices.
  • endlesswonderr
    endlesswonderr Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I usually stick to around 1200-1400, depending on how much I exercise. However lately I've been going over due to junk food and such. T_T
  • 3nchantress
    3nchantress Posts: 41
    Options
    5'10" and about 320 right now. Eat anywhere from 1300-1900 daily. It all averages out to about 1700/day. Losing.
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I"m 5'10" . Currently eating between 1700-2000 calories a day.

I lost 10 pounds on 1500-1700 a day. Then my loss stalled, I had my metabolic rate tested, and it was surprisingly low.
    I got more serious about strength training, and upped my calorie goal to about 1800. Since doing that, I've lost another 5 pounds and finally lost some inches around my waist and hips (most of the first 10 pounds seem to have come off my chest, back, arms).

Since one of my main complaints was that I felt squishy and week from letting myself get sedentary, I decided to stick to a higher calorie level for awhile to give myself a chance of building back some of the muscle I lost. I can really feel that happening (I feel way stronger and more confident about my body's abilities) and now I'm probably going to bring my average total down a bit again to see if I can lose a little faster again.
  • SurfyFriend
    SurfyFriend Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    If I am in bed all day watching movies I eat like 600 calories, if I am cycling to my active job and then going for a run or working out I can eat up to 2600 calories. But on an average day I go for about 1400. I'm 5'7 and 120lb. Maintaining but really want to tone up and drop bf% a bit more.
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    1200-1300 to lose, I'm 5'2 and 127lbs.
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Still losing. I am 8 pounds from the goal I set, but I may go for another 10 pounds. I'll determine that when I reach my goal. Current calorie intake 1250 calories per day. 5"3