First day is a learning experience I guess

2»

Replies

• megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    You get another new chance every morning. Do the best you can do, and try to be conscious of making good choices. You CAN do this!
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    The first day is absolutely, most definitely a learning experience. Within some time, you will learn what portion sizes you should eat, what kind of food to buy, etc, to make you stay in your deficit. Keep at it! :)
  • Hey :) Take it from someone who used to binge every night - usually 3000 calories+. I know it's hard and deterring whenever you eat over the 'recommended' calories, but do know every new HOUR is a chance for success. Just set your mind straight. Think more along the lines of food for survival than for pleasure. Food has calories, calories are energy, energy gives us life....You only need so much, take too much then you find yourself having to work more and more. Take only what you NEED not what you think you "want".
  • RobynLB83
    RobynLB83 Posts: 626 Member
    Fill your stomach with straight veggies or just tough it out. Nothing wrong with being uncomfortable every once in awhile. You might be surprised and find that your hunger goes away on its own if you ignore it for about 30 minutes.
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Well, now you are starting to see how much you are actually eating. This is a good thing. It takes time to learn your body and figure out how and how often you need to eat so you don't feel hungry alot.

Definitely drink your water...I have between 10-15 glasses a day now. It has really helped me.

Also start weighing your food if you don't already...when I make my own burger patties, I have to weigh it or else what I think is normal, is really double what it should be.

Good Luck! I wish you the best!
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Weight loss and dieting it 80% nutrition 20% exercise and 100% mental. it's a huge thing.. to change your eating habits.. it took you your entire life to develop the habits you have now.. you won't break them over night. You're going to eat thing.. then log them and be amazed at how many calories you just ate. (Actually I just did this today with my lunch.. WHOOPS!)

the best thing you can do is pre-plan your meals.. pre-log them so you know what you are eating and stick to it as closely as you can. It does get easier as you learn which foods are healthier which ones make you feel fuller and which ones satisfy your hunger better.

I'm getting a cold.. so I'm starving.. I'm about to sit in a steam up bathroom drink some honey tea wth an orange while wearing my winter jammies.. so I'm sure today will be a wash when it comes to food.. I'm always hungrier when I have a cold.. Actually I just ate a huge lunch and I'm still hungry.. *sigh*